Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: User friendly coating

No coating I know of will stop stone chips. Diy touch up can be done acceptably if you get a good match (color dependent) and fill over chip and Compound down.

I would say applying a coating without polishing would lead to an unsatisfactory result. In the sun you will likely see spiderwebing at the least. I cannot believe your getting meaningful correction and opticoat pro for around 500. Should be closer to double.

If it`s too good to be true it is. Make sure his business is approved installer. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    No coating I know of will stop stone chips. Diy touch up can be done acceptably if you get a good match (color dependent) and fill over chip and Compound down.

I would say applying a coating without polishing would lead to an unsatisfactory result. In the sun you will likely see spiderwebing at the least. I cannot believe your getting meaningful correction and opticoat pro for around 500. Should be closer to double.

If it`s too good to be true it is. Make sure his business is approved installer. Good luck.
    Yeah I`ll have to look the paint over more in the sunlight, and maybe it wasn`t the pro I know for sure they do CquartZ UK and some variation of the Opti coat

And just judging by the pictures of the high end details they`ve done I`d trust them with my Honda lol.

I think I`m just going to stick with the Sealant/Wax combo before And after the winter, the rock chips seem to be the biggest problem now. The sealant has worked well so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    Yeah I`ll have to look the paint over more in the sunlight, and maybe it wasn`t the pro I know for sure they do CquartZ UK and some variation of the Opti coat

And just judging by the pictures of the high end details they`ve done I`d trust them with my Honda lol.

I think I`m just going to stick with the Sealant/Wax combo before And after the winter, the rock chips seem to be the biggest problem now. The sealant has worked well so far.
    If rock chips are your biggest concern, save your money and wrap the entire front end with clear bra.

Retired Professional Detailer
    Likes Detail Impressions liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    If rock chips are your biggest concern, save your money and wrap the entire front end with clear bra.
    Is there anyone you`d reccomend over another brand? The car is brand new so longevity is definitely a priority.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    Is there anyone you`d reccomend over another brand? The car is brand new so longevity is definitely a priority.
    Suntek and Xpel are the industry leaders when it comes to film from what I know.... but I don`t install the stuff, so best reach out to someone who is more knowledgeable.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

You should fix all chips before applying film imho.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn`t want to start a new thread so i`ll just post it here.

Ended up getting Cquartz, Hydro2 Lite, and Eraser on the BF deal. In the spring I`m going to coat using the following process:

Wash: CG W&G @ 1oz/Gal and foam cannon
    Decon: IronX and Claybar
    Polish: Either CG V36 or V38 (already have both on hand)
    Pre Coating: Eraser
    Coating: Cquartz

A couple questions, I bought the car new and it didn`t look like it was on the lot that long for them to mess it up like I`ve seen in other threads, have done 2BM and now rinseless since I got it. I was planning on using the V38 with a White(?) hexlogic pad to take care of any small swirls or light scratches. As far as the rock chips, It`s a DD so I`m kind of debating on waiting to get them filled for a little since it gets driven quite a bit (at 10k in 6 months) and its only going to keep happening so why not do it after the coating wears off before I reapply?

Right now I have the HF D/A which I used to apply Glossworkz Glaze, Jetseal, and Wax for winter prep. Waiting for a good deal on the GG6 and might just use a 3" BP and use the HF for the smaller areas like the A Pillars.

Any suggestions or tips?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You may be surprised how inexpensive it can be to have a Pro repair your chips versus buying the Dr. Colorchip kit and doing it yourself

You may not save that much, depending on where you live

Google led the city you live in and "Dr. Colorchip"

You our should be able to text pictures and get a quote

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    You may be surprised how inexpensive it can be to have a Pro repair your chips versus buying the Dr. Colorchip kit and doing it yourself

You may not save that much, depending on where you live

Google led the city you live in and "Dr. Colorchip"

You our should be able to text pictures and get a quote
    What type of pro would do something like this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    PBL is my choice as easiest. I still have a difficult time believing the 3 year statement, but I top it with wax anyway. Just make sure you follow the instructions on how to prep the paint.
    Mine pblv1 is 2 years old this month. Just about all gone but still looks good just sheats very slowly so i topped with hydro2 lite for the "winter" here in central tx

Brandt K.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information