Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: User friendly coating

What is the shelf life of coatings? Specifically Gloss Coat, PBL and BF Crystal Coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Wax over the coating warms up the hard crystal shine that comes from most coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

well good... I`ll look forward to continue waxing my car every couple of weeks!
    Likes Ronkh, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Once a coating has been opened it can have a shelf life of up to a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robert DiTerlizzi
    Impressions fine automotive detailing
    7782 SW Jack James Dr
    Stuart, Fl. 34997
    772-260-6636
    Making Martin County shine - one car at a time
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I applied the Pinnacle product to a couple panels on my rolling test bed a few months ago - - the car has three different coatings on it. I was admiring how good it looked today even with the car being "dirty". Looks like a product with promise! Thanks, Ron !!
    Cars: bringing people together
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post

I applied the Pinnacle product to a couple panels on my rolling test bed a few months ago - - the car has three different coatings on it. I was admiring how good it looked today even with the car being "dirty". Looks like a product with promise! Thanks, Ron !!

:::: bowing :::::
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    How much does wax improve the look? I`ve heard the wax won`t really stick to a coating, but I`m addicted to waxing so I`ll want to top with 915.
    Different types of coatings take toppers differently
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

this was claimed as an attribute of gloss coat when it came out. I still like over coating with nuba.
    "Optimum Gloss-Coat is easy to maintain. Simply wash your vehicle using Optimum Car Wash or Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. If you find nothing more relaxing than hand-applying a coat of your favorite carnauba paste wax to your vehicle, rest assured that you can continue this tradition because Optimum formulated Gloss-Coat so non-abrasive waxes and sealants will adhere."
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    this was claimed as an attribute of gloss coat when it came out. I still like over coating with nuba.
    "Optimum Gloss-Coat is easy to maintain. Simply wash your vehicle using Optimum Car Wash or Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. If you find nothing more relaxing than hand-applying a coat of your favorite carnauba paste wax to your vehicle, rest assured that you can continue this tradition because Optimum formulated Gloss-Coat so non-abrasive waxes and sealants will adhere."
    PBL too

But don`t think BF will work as good

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE,

Received my PA products in the little box with a black tie on it. Here is were the bad news starts...No viking spritz , coating bottles cap was cracked opened and product was on outside of bottle. Was there suppose to be packing inside of PA Box?

I really wanted to start tomorrow,but I don`t know if I have enough product it looks like a half of a bottle . I am not used to using that little of a product when applying this stuff must really spread thin.

Ray said he would take care of me ............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    UPDATE,

Received my PA products in the little box with a black tie on it. Here is were the bad news starts...No viking spritz , coating bottles cap was cracked opened and product was on outside of bottle. Was there suppose to be packing inside of PA Box?

I really wanted to start tomorrow,but I don`t know if I have enough product it looks like a half of a bottle . I am not used to using that little of a product when applying this stuff must really spread thin.

Brian said he would take care of me

OW

Sounds like the devil got into your box

Post Thanks / Like

How did the product work for you? Toying with the idea of doing a coating on my car or having a pro do it..

Post Thanks / Like

I did not use product I went with their sealant ......

Post Thanks / Like

I am a little late on the scene. Coating application is one of the most over hyped things in detailing. It is so easy even Jeff can do it! If you can polish your paint properly there is no reason you cannot coat it with near professional results. The products I have used all have slight variations in application but none would be considered hard. It is a slow process for me because I am hell bent on getting it right the first time and not missing any paint.

The fears I had about applying a coating to my own car back in 2012 were totally unfounded. I hired a detailer and asked that he add some extra $ so that he could show me the ropes in both polishing and coating. We ended up working together on the car and I learned more about polishing and decon that I did coating application because its that easy.

You apply a thin coat, watch it flash off and in the prescribed time in the instruction wipe the surface with a MF as lightly as you can to remove any high spots that remain. That`s all there is to it. The Polish Angel Viking coat and the 22PLE had the slowest set up and therefore the stress of the wipe off before any high spots dry is all but eliminated. I have applied EXO v1 & V2, 22ple, OC 2.0, Gloss Coat, Viking Coat and I would not call any hard to apply.

Your first time go slow, watch a few pros you know do it right on YOUTUBE if you need technique. I promise you its really so easy. If you are anywhere near a member I am sure they could show you in person.

Good Luck and happy coating.
    Likes tom p., Oldfordisbetter, Pats300zx liked this post
    Thanks Oldfordisbetter thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I am a little late on the scene. Coating application is one of the most over hyped things in detailing. It is so easy even Jeff can do it! If you can polish your paint properly there is no reason you cannot coat it with near professional results. The products I have used all have slight variations in application but none would be considered hard. It is a slow process for me because I am hell bent on getting it right the first time and not missing any paint.

The fears I had about applying a coating to my own car back in 2012 were totally unfounded. I hired a detailer and asked that he add some extra $ so that he could show me the ropes in both polishing and coating. We ended up working together on the car and I learned more about polishing and decon that I did coating application because its that easy.

You apply a thin coat, watch it flash off and in the prescribed time in the instruction wipe the surface with a MF as lightly as you can to remove any high spots that remain. That`s all there is to it. The Polish Angel Viking coat and the 22PLE had the slowest set up and therefore the stress of the wipe off before any high spots dry is all but eliminated. I have applied EXO v1 & V2, 22ple, OC 2.0, Gloss Coat, Viking Coat and I would not call any hard to apply.

Your first time go slow, watch a few pros you know do it right on YOUTUBE if you need technique. I promise you its really so easy. If you are anywhere near a member I am sure they could show you in person.

Good Luck and happy coating.
    Yeah I`m just debating it based on having the perfect paint before hand. It`s my DD bought it brand new this summer and from what I can tell it doesn`t really look like there`s any swirls (weekly two bucket washes since I got it)

Then about a month ago I prepped it for winter. Washed, decon, Clay, then glazed, sealed with Jetseal, then topped with the mothers synthetic wax. Used a HF DA with a CG backing plate and Hexlogic pads and was happy with the results, made the flake come out a lot.

Also concerned with all the paint chips I have on the hood and doors already from all the highway driving in my daily commute. I have a bottle of touch up from a body shop but don`t wanna mess it up if I try to DIY.

Would the coating provide good protection from paint chips? I know the clear bra is probably the best for that but not sure if I want to go that route.

Was quoted 2-250 for correction (not sure if needed but quoted car unseen) and 150-200 for coating either CquartZ UK or Opti Pro I believe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information