Post Thanks / Like

Is it safe to use Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound before putting in car wax or would the ultimate compound do the same thing a car wax can do?

I just read articles on the internet saying the good reputation of Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound in terms of bringing back the original shine of a car`s paint. My question is should I put another layer of car wax on top of it to protect the paint from UV rays or would the ultimate compound be sufficient enough for that purpose?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it safe to use Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound before putting in car wax or would the ultimate compound do the same thing a car wax can do?

It`s a compound/paint cleaner. It has no protection qualities. It`s best to follow up with some sort of protection.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes mitch08, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it safe to use Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound before putting in car wax or would the ultimate compound do the same thing a car wax can do?

thanks! @The Guz

Post Thanks / Like

And I`ll add, depending on how it`s used and/or the paint you`re using it on you may need a polish step in between Ultimate Compound and any wax or sealant. That`s what Meguiars makes the Ultimate Polish for.

So when trying to resurrect the paint finish it basically goes as far as Meguiars is concerned:

Ultimate Compound
    Ultimate Polish
    Ultimate Paste (or liquid) Wax

With maybe a Clay bar step thrown in first.
    Likes mitch08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And you need to be using the Ultimate Compound with a DA polisher. Hand application is almost usless at removing defects.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes mitch08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just used Ultimate Compound and a DA on my nephew`s battered car, it went from THIS:

Travis_1.jpg

To THIS: (after Ult Comp and Ult Paste Wax)

sun_31.jpg
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Ronkh, mitch08, ShaneB, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like

I`d like to add that you should try Ultimate Polish before Ultimate Compound. Ultimate Compound is more aggressive and will remove more paint. Maybe more than you need to. Least aggressive method first.

Thread Information