Thread: Hydro2 inquiry

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro2 inquiry

I`m going to be paint correcting my car soon and have been looking for a good sealant/wax. I`ve been going back and forth between several products. They all seem good and some people whose opinion I respect have recommended them.

However, Hydro2 seems very attractive to me.

I`m wondering though: For a product that you mist and then spray off with water, it seems that it can`t, at least psychologically, be all that protective. For example, with a thick wax you apply it and basically rub it in. This product on the other hand, is totally different. This definitely does not mean that it won`t be as durable as a wax, for example. But the whole application process is just too different. For example, can this product really protect against the hot sun for years like some other sealants/waxes can? I really don`t know. I`m just learning about car cleaning/detailing.

I`ve seen some threads here and the users seem content with the product. The videos I`ve seen all look good too.

Some of the things I like about Hydro2 are that it can be used on any exterior surface and it will be protected (supposedly anyway). Plus it can be easily used on wheels. It just seems so nice to use.

I plan on washing the car every 2 or 3 weeks with a foam gun and 2 buckets. Maybe sometimes it will be a month, not sure.

I want something durable and long lasting; something that can protect a car in hot weather and snowy/salty winters. The looks that a product gives is also important as well. So if Hydro2 can do all these things, I think I`m getting it.

Thank you for any responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydro2 inquiry

IMHO I`d sit out this weekend and lets see what is shown at detail fest.

mebbe a pbmg equivalent of hydro
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

hydro2 is definitely good, easy to use stuff, but if you want something durable and long lasting, you really should go with one of the multi year coating available. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating is multi year, multi surface type of coating. after you re apply the hydro2 every three months or so, you`ll have paid for one of the multi year coatings anyway.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro2 is best for production work (quik), or wheels and wheel wells. Its not a long lasting product...even some waxes are more durable.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    IMHO I`d sit out this weekend and lets see what is shown at detail fest.

mebbe a pbmg equivalent of hydro
    Oh, ok. More similar products might be shown? Great. Question is about their long term use, durability, etc. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    hydro2 is definitely good, easy to use stuff, but if you want something durable and long lasting, you really should go with one of the multi year coating available. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating is multi year, multi surface type of coating. after you re apply the hydro2 every three months or so, you`ll have paid for one of the multi year coatings anyway.
    I understand that coatings are convenient but I don`t mind applying a product every 2 months. Also, I like the flexibility of waxes and sealants. If a wax/sealant can really protect for a good solid 2 months then that`s good. Ease of use is a bonus but not really all that important. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Hydro2 is best for production work (quik), or wheels and wheel wells. Its not a long lasting product...even some waxes are more durable.
    Well, can it protect really well? For example, even if it`s good for only 2 months, can it protect really well in those 2 months as some of the other products? Protection in terms of guarding against the sun`s rays, pollution, dirt, salt, rain, etc.

I`m sorry but I`m assuming production work means professional use? Curious. Thanks.

I like that you can use Hydro2 over the entire car (glass included). Does water roll off the front windshield when your driving?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by
    I like that you can use Hydro2 over the entire car (glass included). [B
    Does water roll off the front windshield when your driving?[/B]

Yeah, but only for 1-3 months depending on how much rain you get and how you use your wipers. Not as good as a windshield specific product.

I like Hydro 2 I use it on our Mack rubbish truck cabs because its so easy to apply with out power washer. I also use it on my pickup and wife`s and friends cars. Does a nice job protecting the finish and makes washing it a lot easier as it is freshly waxed more often. But if I polish or Clay towel my truck or car I will go with a more traditional wax or sealant after that. I like Hydro 2 for up keep in between times I can really work on my car or truck. I work about 65-70 hours a week so free time is at a premium.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

oh man, the new stuff is on sale BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Coating
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd liked this post

Thread Information