Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Question Experiences with Ceramic Sealant Long Term Performance ( Ceramic Pro 9H or Other Brands ) ?

Hello,

I recently had Ceramic Pro 9H coating applied to my car, and after a few thousand miles, I have been very pleased with the ease of washing and drying. Dust, and grass clippings just slide right off the paint surface with little effort.
    However, I noticed despite their claims to the contrary, ( such as a video of someone beating a car treated by Ceramic Pro 9H with the back end of lighter, to no ill effect ) that it does not seem to protect the car from rock chips or scratches.
    I`ve had a few chips from highway driving that went down to the white primer coat? ( white scratches on a black car ) Even after having the car coated. Perhaps there aren`t any waxes, synthetic sealants, or ceramic coatings that can actually help with that?

What kinds of experiences are you all having long term, after a year or more? Do these products really hold up long term? Ceramic Pro 9H is supposed to last for 48-60 months. I`ve also heard that if your car did need to touch up rock chops or scratches, or repaint anything, that it would be very difficult to do so with a ceramic coating applied.

Would you recommend going with ceramic? Or is it preferable to do something like have a good synthetic sealant, applied maybe every 6 months instead? Which treatment would be the best at protecting against water spotting issues?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experiences with Ceramic Sealant Long Term Performance ( Ceramic Pro 9H or Other Brands ) ?

I don`t think any coating ceramic or otherwise would stop a rock chip. I have had EXO v1 and v2 as well as Opticoat 2.0 on my vehicles and it did not eliminate chipping issues. The opticoated vehicles were less chipped but that could have more to do with them being lower mileage and not my DD than the coatings.

The only way to reduce chipping (no eliminate) is paint protection film. The xpel ultimate or suntec are the best. I have only experienced the 3m scotch, 3m venture and would not recommend either and the xpel ultimate with it much better IMHO.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experiences with Ceramic Sealant Long Term Performance ( Ceramic Pro 9H or Other Brands ) ?

Thanks, that seems to the case wherever I look as far as the lack of protection against rock chips and scratches. However, I would like to know if ceramic coatings hold up over the course of several years as far as providing protection from water spotting, and continue to bead water and allow dust etc. to slide right off. Even though it is initially a more expensive treatment than synthetic sealants and waxes, it would work out better if it really does last for 4 or 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it`s hard to lump *all* coatings into a blanket statement of durability since they`re all slightly different. Having said that, I think they`re a great option especially for daily drivers (provided you continue to wash with care).
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

In my personal experience I will tell you that any live you get past the 2 year mark is a gift on a coating. My personal experience is with EXO and OC 2.0. Don`t get me wrong. The protection is there and they clean up easy but the beading and slickness is long gone.

I am a big coating fan IF:

1. You can polish to the point where you are content with the looks of the car. No going back after the coating to remove swirls missed.

2. You can wash properly 2BM and keep up the good finish

3. You have better things to do than mess with the car every 4 weeks (past washing). The time it has saved my is amazing, while keeping my car looking far better.

4. Although more $ up front, and a long day and a half for me, it still saves money and time over the span of 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk172 View Post
    Thanks, that seems to the case wherever I look as far as the lack of protection against rock chips and scratches. However, I would like to know if ceramic coatings hold up over the course of several years as far as providing protection from water spotting, and continue to bead water and allow dust etc. to slide right off. Even though it is initially a more expensive treatment than synthetic sealants and waxes, it would work out better if it really does last for 4 or 5 years.
    Likes hamza7, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Until someone comes up with a diamond based coating (hardest rock on earth), you will not get protection from rock chips from a coating, sealant or wax. If someone is telling you that it will, don`t do business with them. Will ceramic coatings help REDUCE the chance of light marring and swirl marks? Yup. But nothing out there short of covering your vehicle with bed liner is going to protect your paint of inevitable rock chips. I believe your expectations for a coating were set a little too high.

As for having to repaint or do any type of work like that... It won`t make any difference at all unless you`re trying to paint directly over the coating. Which would also basically mean you did zero prep work. Coatings go on so thin, as soon as you go at it with sandpaper it will be gone
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Did your get the ceramic pro light by chance? Not by your choice but by the shops choice

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know of a coating that will eliminate, or even minimize stone chips. And the marketing claims/tactics that not only the companies that sell them, as well as some of the detailers installing them make are doing nothing but fooling people into buying their products. Many tout durability time measurements yet don`t disclose that a certain booster type product is needed to create this claimed longevity. I think as more time passes that more people are going to be posting negative findings about their findings. If you want to truly protect your paint, the only solution not drive your car or have it wrapped in Paint Protection Film (PPF).
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk172 View Post
    Hello,

I recently had Ceramic Pro 9H coating applied to my car, and after a few thousand miles, I have been very pleased with the ease of washing and drying. Dust, and grass clippings just slide right off the paint surface with little effort.
    However, I noticed despite their claims to the contrary, ( such as a video of someone beating a car treated by Ceramic Pro 9H with the back end of lighter, to no ill effect ) that it does not seem to protect the car from rock chips or scratches.
    I`ve had a few chips from highway driving that went down to the white primer coat? ( white scratches on a black car ) Even after having the car coated. Perhaps there aren`t any waxes, synthetic sealants, or ceramic coatings that can actually help with that?

What kinds of experiences are you all having long term, after a year or more? Do these products really hold up long term? Ceramic Pro 9H is supposed to last for 48-60 months. I`ve also heard that if your car did need to touch up rock chops or scratches, or repaint anything, that it would be very difficult to do so with a ceramic coating applied.

Would you recommend going with ceramic? Or is it preferable to do something like have a good synthetic sealant, applied maybe every 6 months instead? Which treatment would be the best at protecting against water spotting issues?

Thanks!
    cermaic pro 9h is guranteed for life of the car. After application it has to be inspected every year by a certified cermaic pro applicator. If not then gurantee is for 5 years after application or last date of certified inspection

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steve1972 View Post
    cermaic pro 9h is guranteed for life of the car. After application it has to be inspected every year by a certified cermaic pro applicator. If not then gurantee is for 5 years after application or last date of certified inspection
    Its ceramic, not cermaic

So, what exactly is the process the certified ceramic pro applicator performs on the paint in the Inspection ?

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nanoshine.com.au/lifetime_warranty.html

It may get taken down but here is link that explains the warrenty
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... They sure did give themselves a lot of ways out of honoring that warranty
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl, tropicsteve liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

So, still not sure what the Inspection is...

But for sure, under "Exclusions from Warranty", it lists about every type of normal occurrence (swirls, improper wash, etc., rocks, water etch..

Is the "diamond hard" finish so fragile that most normal things that happen to a daily driver need to be excluded from getting help under the warranty?

Does this extremely limiting Warranty apply only to Australia ?
    Dan F
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I liked the idea of a coating until I saw that warranty. I might as well just keep doing my KAIO + 4-6x layers SG, and not expect anything more than the great results I`ve been getting.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, can you confirm that Ceramic pro is one of the best coating choice ? Can we buy it online and DIY or only pro can buy it ? Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information