Thread: BF Poly clayII

Post Thanks / Like

BF Poly clayII

I love BlackFire products but I am not liking the clay. It seems hard to mold to my hand and not easy to work with. I used Griot`s before and really like it but thought I`d try something different. I use the BF claybard extender cleaner as well and rinse in water before re-applying Meg`s Final Inspection for lube. Am I doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF Poly clayII

You ought to give the Speedy Surface Prep Towel a try. Once you use one you will never go back to a traditional claybar. It makes the process much quicker and the towel will last many times longer than clay. It also is not ruined if you accidentally drop it. Just wash it out and it is ready to use again.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    I love BlackFire products but I am not liking the clay. It seems hard to mold to my hand and not easy to work with. I used Griot`s before and really like it but thought I`d try something different. I use the BF claybard extender cleaner as well and rinse in water before re-applying Meg`s Final Inspection for lube. Am I doing something wrong?
    Please define " Not easy to work with " - ?

when I was using Claybars, I finally tried the Blackfire version that you have and found it to be pretty darn good in removing embedded dirt off paintwork, and also being easy to clean using their Claybar extender/cleaner..

Perhaps its the Meguiars QD (which I would never use) ?

Having tried many Claybar/rubberized towel lubes over many years, I have finally settled down on DoDo Juice Born Slippy Concentrate... This stuff rocks ! If you cant find it here, Detailed Image sells it..

Good luck with this -
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean here. Sometimes running it under warm water will make it more pliable. When it`s cold I some times work with two pieces of clay... Keeping one in my pocket in a Baggie. Your body heat will make it softer. The BF clay may seem a little stiff but it works really so don`t be discouraged.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Dr. Oldz says "not pliable". My hands get tired from trying to flatten it out. I`ve had good luck with Megs Final Inspection #34 and also used Griot`s Speed Shine. I`ve used Meg`s claybar before too and liked it. Just never experienced the clay being so hard to flatten out. It wasn`t even cold out so that can`t be it. Maybe I can try rising it in warm water instead of cold. Maybe the cold rinse is what`s making it stiff to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    You ought to give the Speedy Surface Prep Towel a try. Once you use one you will never go back to a traditional claybar. It makes the process much quicker and the towel will last many times longer than clay. It also is not ruined if you accidentally drop it. Just wash it out and it is ready to use again.
    Thanks for the tip..never heard of that stuff yet BUT I don`t want to shell out another $60 just yet! Down the road I may try it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    This isn`t public yet (I guess it is now!) - we`ve actually been working on a new and improved clay bar for the BLACKFIRE line. It won`t be out for a few months, but I would be more than happy to send you a bar. It is much easier to work with than the current bar.

Shoot me a PM with your order number.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Firebird!Nice to see you!

I love Blackfire claybar !The way to make it pliable for me is leaving it in the hot sun.

If you find your still not happy with it I would be happy to trade you something for it.

Im sure I have something you would like!

*PM if interested

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    The speedy prep sponge works great as well ! Like these much better then clay bars.

Thread Information