Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Reset - opin?

Quote Originally Posted by Vega@Autopia View Post
    Rest is pH-Neutral (7) and will not strip Reload or other waxes/sealants. I haven`t used it yet, but have a maintenance wash scheduled on a coated Subaru this weekend. I`d be happy to review it for you.
    Looking forward to it!

Merlin

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

well got it today and for the first time since I`ve owned the C7, I used a hose on the car! But had to try this soap that is recommended for use if you have a coating and esp Cquartz. I was not disappointed. Observations:

1. it is slick - 1 oz in 3 gallons of water and it slides on the car
    2. smells great
    3. leaves the surface very slick and seems to rejuvenate the Cquartz/Reload as advertised.

I can see this being a monthly wash with rinseless/aquawax stuff in between:

Just dried, no other products applied as a detailer, etc:

Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Reset - opin?

Looks great! I too use it about 1-2 times a month between WW washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use the PBL shampoo and can compare it to Reset? I thought there was a disclaimer from Carpro that Reset may degrade other waxes and sealants. I have the PBL sealant topped by Synergy.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mojo122 View Post
    Anyone use the PBL shampoo and can compare it to Reset? I thought there was a disclaimer from Carpro that Reset may degrade other waxes and sealants. I have the PBL sealant topped by Synergy.
    Have no experience with PBL product listed here..

Checked the CarPro USA website and found no disclaimer for Carpro Reset..

While there, checked out Carpro Spotless Water Spot Remover, and found this disclaimer -
    " May affect windscreen/window coatings and traditional sealants and waxes "

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo122 View Post

I read that too somewhere and one of the guys from Car Pro chimed in and said that it was a disclaimer that they put up there and the only degradation they saw was during testing when they did like 10 washes in a row or something and at higher concentrate. Wish I could find the link. I think it was a post over on AG.

My own disclaimer -- his is totally off the top of my head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla Tacket View Post
    I read that too somewhere and one of the guys from Car Pro chimed in and said that it was a disclaimer that they put up there and the only degradation they saw was during testing when they did like 10 washes in a row or something and at higher concentrate. Wish I could find the link. I think it was a post over on AG.

My own disclaimer -- his is totally off the top of my head.
    You have a good memory That was probably me and exactly correct

Post Thanks / Like

After a road trip, back and forth from N.J. and Alabama, I washed the car with Reset. The car has a coating on it and I did a rinseless wash once while traveling. Reset was applied by foam cannon and allowed to dwell. Not only did it float the grime away but the coating exibited its sheeting/beading characteristics like it was just applied
    I know some may not like the price but I buy it when it`s on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

I need to order so reset my car is not beading very well after a few months of CQUK. the shine is their the beading is not were i will like it. I thought it might be the car soap i was using. I will order some today. I love the paint coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roger3380 View Post
    I need to order so reset my car is not beading very well after a few months of CQUK. the shine is their the beading is not were i will like it. I thought it might be the car soap i was using. I will order some today. I love the paint coatings.
    CarPro Reset - wash
    Rinse well
    If not like new at that point then Iron X or in some cases another reset wash.

Any questions or want to run anything back and forth call me anytime for support- 386-259-0759

Post Thanks / Like

I will add that its good to use for any car wash, not only coated ! diluting it in the right ratio , in a bucket makes it pH neutral
    so on other sealants and more durable waxes or synthetic types it will not strip them off as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Troy, I purchased the reset after recently searching on line and came across your post. It`s in the garage and I have the same issue you dis rive here with an opti coated vehicle and an EXO coated vehicle. I only hope to get your results. Will report back after the winter thaw lol

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I am using it Glen.

Reset doesn`t strip CQ or Reload that I am aware of. It is a PH balanced soap without the polymers and glossing agents of other soaps, so it rinses away cleanly.

My first use of Reset was actually something amazing for me. I had done CQUK to our VW in the fall last year. After making it through the winter I thought that the CQUK was almost gone on the lower half of the car due to snow, salt, grime. So I was going to do a prep wash, polish & re-coat with CQUK since I had a 1/3 of my 50ml bottle left. So before doing this I talked with Corey and he suggested trying Reset first, because I had used ONR, DG902, Megs Hyperwash, 1Z Perlz, etc as my car washes. He said that even though they are all good washes they let a lot of "Stuff" behind and that could be the problem. So I decided to move forward and wash my car in prep for re-coating.

I started washing and notice that all of a sudden the sides were looking brighter / cleaner and the water was rolling off like it did early on. Basically Reset stripped off all of the “stuff” from my other soaps, and I didn’t need to re-coat my car at all. Reset is a great soap for anyone using a coating on their vehicle. And since it is made to work with CQ it just makes sense to me. I will still use all of my other soaps as I like variety. But Reset will be in there to keep everything looking and beading correctly.

I will have a review at some point but I want to replicate and show on camera what I experienced and how it works compared to other soaps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information