Post Thanks / Like

S100 Cycle Cleaner. Equiv. to P21s Auto Wash

Hi. I have more S100 Total Cycle Cleaner than Ill ever use on my bike. I was wondering if this is the same chemical as P21s Auto Wash. I`d like to get some use out of it on the cars.

I have diluted it as an APC but in that capacity it pales to Simple Green.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: S100 Cycle Cleaner. Equiv. to P21s Auto Wash

From what I have read on here and AG, I believe S100 and P21s are the same brand/products in different packaging. One is geared toward cycles and one towards cars. However, I have never closely compared the ingredients. Maybe someone who knows/uses the products will have a more certain answer. I`ve seen people say you can go to a Harley dealer and get S100 "x" which is the same as P21s "y".

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that you are correct. From what I`ve read, they are just marketed to different segments (auto vs bike) and are priced differently, with S being cheaper than P21S. I know a lot of people that go ahead and go to a motorcycle dealership to buy the S, rather than buying P21S.

All I know for sure is people sure love them both, so I don`t think there is any harm with you trying S100 and making sure you like it. I don`t think it would be a waste, and since it`s cheaper, you`ve got even less to lose.

Post Thanks / Like

They don`t even hide it being the same brand - see bottle and font/logo, address, etc. I just didn`t know if maybe the S100 was stronger to clean exposed metal housing that get very nasty on bikes.

Is P21S used as a wateress wash?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    They don`t even hide it being the same brand - see bottle and font/logo, address, etc. I just didn`t know if maybe the S100 was stronger to clean exposed metal housing that get very nasty on bikes.

Is P21S used as a wateress wash?
    No. You don`t want to use it on paint routinely - because it will likely strip wax and could possibly weaken your sealant. It`s good for crud though. I believe they are the same product.

I basically use it in the engine compartment where I worry other APCs could damage the paint that is there. It`s too costly to use routinely on wheel wells, tires, etc... where I know something cheaper will work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    No. You don`t want to use it on paint routinely - because it will likely strip wax and could possibly weaken your sealant. It`s good for crud though. I believe they are the same product.

I basically use it in the engine compartment where I worry other APCs could damage the paint that is there. It`s too costly to use routinely on wheel wells, tires, etc... where I know something cheaper will work fine.
    This is what I thought, exactly. Kind of a strange product. Too strong for a spray and wipe, not a no-rinse, not a bucket wash. I`ll probably dilute a bit and use on wheels during a garage wash, until gone.

On the motorcycle, it`s good for the grungy area behind the front wheel.

Thread Information