Post Thanks / Like

MTM Hydro Foam Lance, Anyone?

Hey everyone!

Has anyone tried using this before,

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Foam-Lance-Adjustable-Bottle/dp/B004GNZYY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400220204&sr=8-1&keywords=lance+foam"]MTM Hydro Professional High Pressure Foam Lance with Bottle[/ame]

I just bought it on Amazon and I bought the,

AR Blue Clean AR383 Electric Pressure Washer

Has anyone used this for washing a car and if so how well is it at doing it`s job? I also wonder what`s the correct method. I`m thinking of:

1. Rinse Car with Water
    2. Use Foam Gun (wait 5 min to release dirt)
    3. Rinse Car again
    4. Two Bucket Method Wash
    5. Rinse Car

I heard that we shouldn`t use mitts when we first use the foam gun. True? Also do I need a special adapter for these two to work together?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MTM Hydro Foam Lance, Anyone?

Yes that is correct, I noticed that the AR comes with a foam attachment, but I am sure that the MTM lance will work better, but try both.

The procedure is correct and the foam and rinse work so well, sometimes I am hesitate to do a Two Bucket Wash but you have to do it to ensure that there is no dirt left after the foam and rinse that will cause swirls and marring.

I don`t understand about the mitts, I guess you mean with the foam?

I also don`t understand about the adapter, the MTM should have an option when you buy to which pressure sprayer you are going to attach it with (example the AR).
    Last edited by rickylexus250; 05-16-2014 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Addition

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Alexander & Friends

I believe the 383 has been updated to have regular fittings, which means the MTM Hydro should work with one of its supplied adapters.

There are other threads, mostly on AGO, if I recall correctly, that discuss the older 383 and foam cannons. If I recall correctly, the solution for the older 383 is to buy a new trigger gun so foam cannons can be used.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickylexus250 View Post
    The procedure is correct and the foam and rinse work so well, sometimes I am hesitate to do a Two Bucket Wash but you have to do it to ensure that there is no dirt left after the foam and rinse that will cause swirls and marring.

I don`t understand about the mitts, I guess you mean with the foam?

I also don`t understand about the adapter, the MTM should have an option when you buy to which pressure sprayer you are going to attach it with (example the AR).
    Exactly, I heard you`re suppose to let the foam rest and not be disturbed 5 minutes and then rinse. I saw a video of someone who put the foam on and then used a mitt to start scrubbing which was a bad idea. They say he`s pushing the dirt around when it`s been lifted.

I really hope the MTM works with the 383 so I don`t have to purchase any extra accessories.

There are other threads, mostly on AGO, if I recall correctly, that discuss the older 383 and foam cannons. If I recall correctly, the solution for the older 383 is to buy a new trigger gun so foam cannons can be used.
    The older 383 needed to buy a new gun, however the newer model should already be setup to work with the MTM Foam Gun correct?

Thanks everyone!

Thread Information