Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Polish Question

Will Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish remove the wax and sealant I have on the car or is it not abrasive enough? Griots sealant and Pinnacle Souveran wax.

Also if I have a light coat of pollen on the car should I use a wash less or an instant detailer on it??

Thanks all!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Polish Question

Product description:

The polish and glaze in one that creates WHIPLASH on all paints!

Visually reduces and removes swirl marks while creating a wet-look shine.
    Removes old waxes, sealants, and cleans the paint`s surface.
    Perfect preparatory step for any wax or sealant!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Product description:

The polish and glaze in one that creates WHIPLASH on all paints!

Visually reduces and removes swirl marks while creating a wet-look shine.
    Removes old waxes, sealants, and cleans the paint`s surface.
    Perfect preparatory step for any wax or sealant!
    Thank you!!! Guess I should have READ it. Sorry!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What`s the difference in using a polish to remove a sealant or a product like Car Pro Eraser or are both needed? Am I better off using the polish first then the eraser before sealing??

Post Thanks / Like

Description: CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polisher Cleanser is a unique formula designed to totally strip paint of oil and polish residues. CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polisher Cleanser is truly a better solution to clean paint. Traditionally IPA, or ispropyl alcohol and water mixture has been used to strip paint, but IPA can actually redeposit oils and residues. Eraser dissolves these products completely and erases them from your paint`s finish. Use CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser after compounding or polishing to inspect your work, or before applying any product that needs a perfectly clean finish to bond to.

Looking at the description here you would use it after polish before sealant. I have never used it but this is JMO I would do a good wash to start and use something like Griot`s Garage paint prep (what I use) during the rinse before polishing this will strip the wax residue. Some use one of the citrus washes from Chemical Guys but haven`t used that either. I try to get as much of the waxes and sealants off before polishing so the pads don`t clog up as much. After you polish you could also use an IPA solution and think I seen it should be diluted to 15%, I use Griot`s Garage Pre-wax cleaner after polishing before sealing the paint. You could also use the IPA solution after a wash and before polishing as it will strip wax also. Hope this helps.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sagers2 View Post
    What`s the difference in using a polish to remove a sealant or a product like Car Pro Eraser or are both needed? Am I better off using the polish first then the eraser before sealing??
    CarPro is a spray`n`wipe product that removes oils, waxes and sealants from the surface of the paint. BF GEP is a non-abrasive glaze/polish that deep cleans the paint, as well as fills in light imperfections/swirl marks. If you are using BLACKFIRE or similar polymer-based sealants, BF GEP will promote the proper bonding of the polymers to the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    CarPro is a spray`n`wipe product that removes oils, waxes and sealants from the surface of the paint. BF GEP is a non-abrasive glaze/polish that deep cleans the paint, as well as fills in light imperfections/swirl marks. If you are using BLACKFIRE or similar polymer-based sealants, BF GEP will promote the proper bonding of the polymers to the surface.
    Thanks so much for the help. So I am better off sticking with the
    Blackfire Polish followed by the Blackfire sealant if I am following you right I guess I am confused, in which case would you use a product like CarPro??

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Polish followed by the Blackfire sealant if I am following you right I guess I am confused, in which case would you use a product like CarPro??
    Eraser is used to before applying a paint coating like Cquatz or Opti Coat. It makes sure there are no oils left on the paint to ensure proper bonding of your coating!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try soon (Carpro is shipping!) BF Polish (BFEP) followed by CarPro followed by BFWD (Wet Diamond sealant).

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=firebird;523240]I am going to try soon (Carpro is shipping!) BF Polish (BFEP) followed by CarPro followed by BFWD (Wet Diamond sealant).

for better results, go directly to bfwd after the bfgep and skip the eraser. the eraser will probably remove the glazing left behind by bfgep that helps in filling minor defects and enhancing the finish. car pro eraser is best used after correcting compounds/polishes.

Thread Information