Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best wax for black car

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    do you know what it was sealed with?
    Unfortunately I don`t. Will I ruin the sealant if I put the wrong wax on it?

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many waxes out there. Souveran and Dodo purple Haze pro are some good choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sagers2 View Post
    Unfortunately I don`t. Will I ruin the sealant if I put the wrong wax on it?
    some waxes have higher amounts of solvents in them that can affect sealants. some waxes and sealants have similar ingredients that can compliment each other.(like bfwd & bfms or pinnacle bl synergy wax & their bl coatings). fortunately, if whatever you use does seem to affect your sealant, a sealant and complimentary wax can be applied once the paint surface is cleaned and polished (if necessary) to your satisfaction, pretty easily. after awhile, changing what you use can be a normal addiction around here.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Natty`s or Blackfire Midnight Sun. Both make the black really shine. The key is in the prep work before the LSP is applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again all. I put a coat of Sovereign on it today and it looks great. Black Ice is on its way. I`ll try it next time. Thanks for all the advice!!!! What is a polish and when does it go on?? I am assuming it is not the same thing as a sealant??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again all. I put a coat of Sovereign on it today and it looks great. Black Ice is on its way. I`ll try it next time. Thanks for all the advice!!!! What is a polish and when does it go on?? I am assuming it is not the same thing as a sealant??

Car Detailing How To Information

A polish is a product as well as a step in detailing. I doesn`t "go on" as much as it`s "worked". Polishing paint is the only way to remove defects and produce beautiful reflections.

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the BlackICE.

As far as it ruining the sealant, BlackICE is more durable and offers greater protection than most paint sealants out there, so if anything, I would be more worried about the sealant affecting the wax...

That said, most sealants only last around 3-4 months, so it is not something to be too concerned about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    Car Detailing How To Information

A polish is a product as well as a step in detailing. I doesn`t "go on" as much as it`s "worked". Polishing paint is the only way to remove defects and produce beautiful reflections.
    Thanks for the link!!! So can you recommend a polish that would compliment the Black Ice. Like I said before the car is new so the paint is really good. Appreciate everyone`s time to educate me . I am just trying to take care of my own car, I don`t do this for others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    You will love the BlackICE.

As far as it ruining the sealant, BlackICE is more durable and offers greater protection than most paint sealants out there, so if anything, I would be more worried about the sealant affecting the wax...

That said, most sealants only last around 3-4 months, so it is not something to be too concerned about.
    Affecting it in what way?? I put Sovereign on the car yesterday is that better for it. I know you don`t know which sealer was used nor do I . Would you skip the sealer all together and just use the black ice???

Thanks!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Link to polish thread: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...mendation.html

If using BlackICE: With the Blackfire line of polishes, you don`t need to remove the polishing oils.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that it is not considered a pure polish by some my I love Chemical Guys Blacklight and then follow that up with a good wax. Blacklight leaves a great finsih everytime. Poorboys Pro Polish is another great polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used different waxes on my black vehicles, and I would venture to say, if they all were lined up over the years, there is not one wax that stands out. The expensive stuff, or the lest expensive...mostly the same. The only differences I have noticed is longevity and ease of use. Just tried some inexpensive Meguiar`s Ultimate Paste Wax. Very nice. Easy on, easy off, no streaking and the car I did, simply just gleams. Not a clue about longevity yet, but so far, I am happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m curious about the black ice wax. Seems very expensive for a wax. I`m hardly sure the difference in decernible results is worth the hefty price tag.

I live near the Ardex store and they have some really high quality waxes that are much cheaper. I like their gold supreme for longevity, and the flint glaze blue paste for deep shine on black.

I do see in pictures that the black fire will make a deep shine but so will the $10 Meg`s black paste wax from Walmart. Sure it`s full of filler but for a weekend, it`s a great product. (Especially considering that even if you get the gloss without the filler, a black car isn`t truly going to stay pristine clean for more than a week or so unless it`s mothballed in a garage somewhere, where in the same situation, many filling polishing oils would also last)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m the outcast here, but I like BlackFire Midnight Sun much better than Black Ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    do you know what it was sealed with?
    Found out it was sealed with Griots Paint Sealant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information