Thread: which car wash

Post Thanks / Like

which car wash

Hi all.I`m new here. Just bought a brand new truck(black). I want tokeep it clean and protect the paint at The same time. I had the diamond gloss paint protection done while getting it under coated. save the flaming please. I tried a touch less wash and it did a bad job.gets all the salt off but leaves dirt and no shine. I live in ny.Then I tried a car wash with the green long pads that hang down.it did a better job but I worry about scratches. I don`t want to do it myself when its cold out.just looking for suggestions. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: which car wash

You want to wash your truck by yourself?

Blackfire Gloss Shampoo.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate

Lake Country Wash Wedge

two 5 gallons buckets
    Grit guards
    Waffle weave towels
    Microfibers

For starters

Post Thanks / Like

It needs to be hand washed to be done properly. 2 buckets with grit guards. One for the wash and one for the rinse. Please don`t take that truck back through a wash with the long green pads. Those things will scratch the heck out of the paint. Black paint is even worse because it will show every little scratch and swirl.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok.I guess I`ll just stick to the touch less car wash.I want to avoid washing it myself at least in the winter.its been single digits and teens here all winter.when its nicer I don`t mind doing it myself.I don`t have a big enough garage and I definitely want to keep the salt off.thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cc rider View Post
    Ok.I guess I`ll just stick to the touch less car wash.I want to avoid washing it myself at least in the winter.its been single digits and teens here all winter.when its nicer I don`t mind doing it myself.I don`t have a big enough garage and I definitely want to keep the salt off.thanks again
    If you have to, touchless would be your best bet. Definately avoid brush-style car washes, they will damage your paint in quick fashion.

Maybe a rinseless wash with a hot water may serve you better?

Post Thanks / Like

If you must do the touchless, get some waterless wash to go over it with when you get home, that will take the rest of the grime off and make it shine, and leave no mess in the garage. As long as you can walk around the truck in the garage, you can do a waterless wash for touch up.
    I am living proof that Organ Donation Saves lives.
    3-25-11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    If you must do the touchless, get some waterless wash to go over it with when you get home, that will take the rest of the grime off and make it shine, and leave no mess in the garage. As long as you can walk around the truck in the garage, you can do a waterless wash for touch up.
    Great point. If you have to the touchless, come home and do a final clean up with something like BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash. Not only will this clean the film that touchless washes leave behind, but you will add some very valuable protection to the paint!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem by getting the road grime off at a car wash. I try and get a couple coats of wax on before the cold sets in and then either go to a self serve type car wash and wand off as much as I can or use a touchless car wash. I live in a rural part of the state and we only have a couple car washes in out small town and the one uses hot water for washing and that helps. Some places don`t do that. If it still have grime stuck to it I do as mentioned above, warm up garage when I get home and use a rinseless wash by DP or BlackFire to finish. Since this year we have had so much sub zero temps I haven`t been able to do a rinseless all winter. It just takes to much to get the garage up to a temperature that is comfortable to work in.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    If you have to, touchless would be your best bet. Definately avoid brush-style car washes, they will damage your paint in quick fashion.

Maybe a rinseless wash with a hot water may serve you better?
    I do a rinseless with hot water any time it is above feezing out. I use the Gary Dean method with multiple microfiber towels which keeps it from being too cold a job... I did this all Winter with no ill effects!

<TED>
    Regards,
    <TED>

Post Thanks / Like
    The answer to winter washings is one word...coatings. I swear since going to a coating and using the local touchless wash during winter months the film left by touchless washes before I switched to a coating....isn`t there anymore. The paint looks perfect even after numerous touchless washes and I`m really never ever going back to sealants or waxes. The reason is because I don`t even have to get off my butt to wash it in the winter and if I`m doing other things in the warmer months. Touchless washes will not phase CQUK. Yes I will hand wash when it warms up again.

Post Thanks / Like

If it`s kinda bad since I don`t have a pressure washer I`ll go to the local car wash. Pre spray the whole car with higher than usual ww/water ratio waterless wash. Then use the car washes pressure washer under final rinse setting and spray the car down. I use the final rinse because here its "supposed" to be cleaner water and the pressure is lower to not blast dirt into the paint. Then I use the waterless wash solution again and dry. If there`s left it usually needs some clay.

Post Thanks / Like

Where in NY are you located?

Post Thanks / Like

For all intents and purposes, a dirty (but well protected) car is better than a clean and scratched one...

Thread Information