Post Thanks / Like

Meg`s APC+.... Wow

So I think I might know why they stopped making this this stuff... Put some in an empty At detailer spray bottle and left it in my car for a few weeks. Hasn`t really been hot at all. The bottle bottle was sitting at an angle causing the fluid to stay in contact with just one of the upper sides. Looked at it today and that it had warped the bottle at at the top of the it as touching. Not sure what to think about about this.

Sorry about the side view, on my phone and can`t crop it. It`s not sideways on my phone though.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg`s APC+.... Wow

It was either hotter than you think or it`s the plastic the bottle is made out of. I have a dedicated APC + spray bottle that has had APC+ in it for well over a year with the same spray head and has held up just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I know bottles can expand and contract due to temperature changes. An optimum sprayer cracked on me and CG Bare Bones leaks. As said, the bottle material may be a favorite. Some products can destroy sprayers.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a issue with it. I have used it in the spraymaster and megs spray bottles. I am thinking it could have been the direct sunlight reacting with the bottle and warping it?
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure, the past 2 days have only been the warm days since I`ve had it in my car. That could be the problem though. Container isn`t soft or anything like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I know bottles can expand and contract due to temperature changes. An optimum sprayer cracked on me and CG Bare Bones leaks. As said, the bottle material may be a favorite. Some products can destroy sprayers.

I had a problem with CG Bare Bones and a few sprayers. It broke the CG sprayer and then wouldn`t work well in a chemical resistant sprayer. It might be because it is oil based.

Maybe the black AF bottle is not chemical resistant? I have noticed they use clear bottles for some of their heavier cleaners/chemicals.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

That`s not from heat, that`s chemical distortion/breakdown. It happens with powerfull solvents an cleaners. Usually that happens with sprayers more than bottles though. I know I can`t leave my sprayers in car-trix otherwise it destroys the sprayer an the breakdown activates the iron portion an renders the bottle useless.

Thread Information