Post Thanks / Like

UWWP Bucket Wash Techniques

Let`s preface - I don`t like to do any sort of waterless wash at all. I never had any good experiences with ONR and after a couple of attempts, I just threw my jug out.

I DO have UWWP. I`ve been using it at 1/2 oz - 22 oz bottle and mainly use it more as a WAUD when drying paint.
    Between UWWP and Reload, I have not touched my bottles of FK or OID in a very long time.

I`m tempted to try UWWP 1 oz to 3 gallons bucket wash as a test on a very mildly dirty car. Note - JET BLACK paint. BMW soft...

Let me hear any suggestions, precautions or advice you have using UWWP in a bucket wash method.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UWWP Bucket Wash Techniques

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Let`s preface - I don`t like to do any sort of waterless wash at all. I never had any good experiences with ONR and after a couple of attempts, I just threw my jug out.

I DO have UWWP. I`ve been using it at 1/2 oz - 22 oz bottle and mainly use it more as a WAUD when drying paint.
    Between UWWP and Reload, I have not touched my bottles of FK or OID in a very long time.

I`m tempted to try UWWP 1 oz to 3 gallons bucket wash as a test on a very mildly dirty car. Note - JET BLACK paint. BMW soft...

Let me hear any suggestions, precautions or advice you have using UWWP in a bucket wash method.
    What is WAUD?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    What is WAUD?
    My guess, Wax As U Dry?

Post Thanks / Like

What is WAUD?
    I think he might mean wax as you dry
    OP, I assume you are asking about UWW+ as rinseless.
    That`s what I use and like it very much.
    Along with the waterless dilution as a presoak.
    Three gallons leaves me with too much left over so I mix it in 1gal. containers and add it to my bucket as needed. 2 tsp. conc. per gal.
    As far as technique, I use GDWM.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything involving BMW original Jet Black paint that does not include a lot of water and product to keep the dirt moving off the car and not being scrubbed back into the paint is risky..

But if you are going to correct everything after this wash, then I guess you are ok but you might be adding more work..

For maintenance on this paint, and the fact that I am a perfectionist and especially experienced with Jet Black, I would never consider doing any waterless wash unless I had already made it perfect and Opti-Pro-Coated the surface...

Yeah I know.... I just dont like to create extra work for myself....

Good luck !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

UWWP Bucket Wash Techniques

My BMW is Black Sapphire Metallic and stays corrected to the highest level I can keep it, driving only in nice weather and garage kept. That means, any defects I`m going after can be sorted with an ultra fine finishing polish.

Since I would consider myself "quite picky" and have used rinseless washes, IME rinseless WILL scratch slightly. I`m sure 50 people are going to tell me I`m doing it wrong or whatever, and they have been doing it for years, etc... I do use rinseless on my other car - just not this one anymore.

I`m just telling you what I`ve experienced first hand and have seen with my own eyeballs. Now, not everyone may be as picky about defects as me and not everyone`s car is black. But if you combine those two factors (and J - I believe you are setting yourself up to induce more marring than a careful 2BM.

However, if your not picky and not concerned with super fine defects - then rinseless may be for you on this car.

If your going to use UWW+ as a rinseless, try it at 2x the dilution. Works even better.

Post Thanks / Like

What is WAUD?
    It`s fun to hear the master get stumped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GettingStarted View Post
    It`s fun to hear the master get stumped.
    And... a newbie like me doesn`t stand a chance of understanding the acronyms. (though I will keep guessing... I guess

Ben

Thread Information