Post Thanks / Like

Electric Pressure Washer with foam recommendation?

Hi,

New here, I was wondering if soemone can recommend an electric pressure washer with foam lance combo? I have a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X and I heard the paint on that is kind of thing, so not sure if I should do everything by hand or still use a pressure washer, maybe for foam only.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric Pressure Washer with foam recommendation?

You can always use a foam gun if you don`t feel like dragging out a pressure washer and investing in a foam cannon. I use my foam gun more than my foam cannon. I guess it depends on how dirty your car is and how much time you have.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the evo had mine for about 8 months now which color did you get? I have been using the ar383 with their foam cannon with great luck so far.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, I got a MR wicked white lol. I heard th epaint on these are thin so kind of afraid to use a pressur washer. Do you have a link to the AR383 with the foam cannon? I looked on amazon and the ywere going for $150 shipped, but not sure if it comes with their foam cannon.

Does it create a super thick foam that sticks to the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Look for water quality and water heat to create thicker foam.

Post Thanks / Like

which one? I prefer not to have a gas one because I have nieghbors around and they sound noisy.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it creates great foam I got my washer from amazon but the cannon came direct from ar I don`t want to get banned so I won`t link it if you can`t find it pm me. Honeydew snow foam is all I have used through it though. I have a mercury gray GSR I was going to get wicked white but it seems like those are all you see. Where you from?

Post Thanks / Like

Pw is fine, just make sure its 1800 or less psi. Don`t get a zero angle and take it to the door and you should be alright.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Kranzle electric pressure washer and before that I had a Karcher. Both good units. The Karcher craped out after 10 years of light use because it got flooded by salt water during a hurricane. I like the Kranzle for the hose reel alone. Make the management of the lance and hose easy. All foam cannons I have seen are the same and I never wore on out. I also don`t use it as much now that I got rid of my only black car. If the cars are very dirty, I will use it, if not I can blast most of the dirt off with a hose and water. Last I used it was after I parked at the train station and the only spot was under the track. I had Bird bombs all over it baking in the sun. I foamed the car as soon as I got home from work (in my suit) and went inside to change. The water/ soap foam sitting on the bombs softened them up enough to allow me to pressure wash 99% of it away. I think that is the best use of a foam cannon on a non black car.

Post Thanks / Like

First, welcome to AutopiaForums!!!

I have a Karcher 1500 PSI that I picked up at Home Depot. It`s going on about 8 years old, and is starting to fall apart, but then again, it was only a little over $100.00.

As far as adding foam to your wash (via foam gun or foam cannon) - it is NOT a replacement for traditional washing, but rather an "add-on" for it. By showering your vehicle in suds before your first rinse (or before you manually wash it), you add valuable lubricity to the surface to help in the fight against creating swirl marks.

Foaming the car and pressure rinsing is not going to get the vehicle completely clean. You still need to lightly agitate the surface to remove film and dirt.

Todd

Thread Information