Post Thanks / Like

Don`t just wash your paint, pamper it with the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt

The Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt is simply the safest, softest and fluffiest way to pamper your paint as you wash it. Each mitt is made from hand-selected cuts of Merino Wool.

Merino Wool is typically reserved for high end clothing and garments, were a soft and tactile feel is paramount. Famous for its soft feel and extremely long nap, Merino Wool features silky stands of nap that hold dirt deep in the pile and away from your paint.

However, this 100% natural wash mitt does require a little bit of care, as do all things that tend to be premium. Here is a quick how-to and review of this amazing wash mitt.

Because the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mittis a natural wash mitt, made from genuine sheepskin, the Aussie may have grass or earthy debris deep in the pile. Brush with fine tooth metal comb or sturdy brush prior to use. Wash with plain water or a dedicated wool detergent after use and hang to dry.

Here is a picture of the mitt after use, when it arrives at your door it will be fluffier. However, you still need to prep it before use.

1.jpg Photo by tropicaldetailing | Photobucket

You can use a Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush to fluff the fibers...

Although a fine-metal "pet" brush is ideal. Not only will this comb away any debris from the Merino Sheep`s last days, it will give the mitt a soft and silky feel.

As a benefit, it will pull away any loose strands of wool (safe these for clothes, as they are very expensive )

Once fluffed, the Aussie will is HUGE! It will hold 3-4 times as much solution as a regular lambs wool and is much softer as well.

Finally, if it is brand new, I like to dunk it and massage it around in a bucket of water to loosen any soil deep within the pile.

In use:

It`s always difficult to capture a wash mitt in pictures, since the majority of the benefits have to be felt or heard (such as the ample amount of soap solution cascading off the body panel and splashing on the driveway).

This picture gives you a small idea of how much solution this mitt holds.

The silky fibers work the soap into a frothy lather while trapping any dust, dirt, road pitch and insect remains deep in the pile. Once placed in a rinse bucket and lightly scrubbed against a grit guard, the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt will release any dirt effortlessly.

After care:

Once you are done using the mitt, make sure to rinse it thoroughly, either in a bucket of water or with your house. You want to remove as much soap solution as possible. Then wring it out (or shake it like crazy).

To prevent rot, you can flip the cuff inside-out to promote some air flow. Hang the mitt up and let it dry completely.

Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt

• Genuine Merino wool wash mitt
    • Ultra soft, non-scratch design
    • Hand made from carefully selected wool

Benefits:

1. Holds 3-4 times the amount of solution of natural lamb`s wool mitts
    2. Long wearing design will last at least 4 times longer with proper care
    3. The absolute softest, safest way to wash your paint
    4. Reduces scratches, swirl marks, and surface dulling

Cons:

1. Requires more upkeep than other wash media (microfiber and synthetic sponges)
    2. Quickly drains the wash bucket

Conclusion:

I use a number of different wash tools, from microfiber towels and chenile mitts to natural sea sponges... The Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt, is hand`s down, the softest and most gentle way to wash your car. The ultra-long wearing material will last considerably longer than other sheepskin lamb`s wool wash mitts, and it is softer to boot.

Ultimately, I have found my optimum wash tool, and I suggest you give it a try as well. If you are willing to put up with a little upkeep to maintain a highly-polished, swirl-free, paint finish, then I think you will have found your wash tool too.

The Koala Wash Mitt is another 100% Merino Wool Mitt that with a comfort pocket stitched into the backside. It doesn`t hold as much solution but is a little easier to care for.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don`t just wash your paint, pamper it with the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt

I ordered the Koala wash mitt.

Thanks for the tips.

Will these merino wool mitts last for several washes if properly cared for?

Post Thanks / Like

i got the dodo version of this, im sure its almost identical but i do pamper my cars with these mitts
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

I used the other merino wash mitt yesterday but want to use it a couple times before writing a review.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    I ordered the Koala wash mitt.

Thanks for the tips.

Will these merino wool mitts last for several washes if properly cared for?
    yes, they are extremely long wearing, but you do have to care for them a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I used the other merino wash mitt yesterday but want to use it a couple times before writing a review.
    Looking forward to it Al!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.

I think I would prefer the Koala Wash Mitt as it is more similar to the CarPro wash mitts I currently use. I don`t like the heavy feeling the the full mitts create and I don`t like "flipping them over" just to use the other side.

Post Thanks / Like

Got one of these, used it for my first wash on my new vette, simply the softest
    Material I have ever used to wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mangustaman View Post
    Got one of these, used it for my first wash on my new vette, simply the softest
    Material I have ever used to wash.
    Glad to hear but where are the pictures of the soft Aussie wool sliding over the Corvette`s curves?

Post Thanks / Like

If this product is anywhere nearly close to being made like the Wookie Fist ( dodo juice) they are awesome. ..I have had the Wookie Fist for 2 years and I do allot of detailing....but these are not designed for heavy soiled vehicles. ..mud or heavy dirt.....but idea for maintance washes.....holds about a 1/4 gallon of water.....mine is still going strong !!

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    CarPro merino wool media is way better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    CarPro merino wool media is way better!
    Please post your review of both side by side!

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a huge fan of my Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt. It`s worth the extra maintenance it requires. Just finished using mine in the 34 degree weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    You can use a Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush to fluff the fibers...
    Although a fine-metal "pet" brush is ideal. Not only will this comb away any debris from the Merino Sheep`s last days, it will give the mitt a soft and silky feel.

As a benefit, it will pull away any loose strands of wool (safe these for clothes, as they are very expensive )

Thanks for this, I recently got a Dodo Juice Supernatural wash mitt and have been looking to see what brushes/combs people use.
    I was also wondering if I should expect to pull off fibers, or be more gentle.
    I looked through all of the nap and I`m pretty sure I picked out all of the crap that was included with the mitt, but I`ll go through and comb it once more before I actually use it.
    I dont think I would have gotten the mitt had I known how much of a pain it was to prep and care for, and especially since I saw you recommend and use the Lake Country Foam sponge

I`ll have to use the dodo mitt and try to get my 40$ worth out of it, but I know what I`ll be getting if/when the wookie dies on me

Thread Information