33 28.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how do you dry?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how do you dry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Chamois ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Yes. I`ve been detailing since the early 90s and never had a single problem with marring or anything. The trick is to keep it clean. By the way, the absorber is like a chamois but a garbage one at that. Will eventually fall apart and leave lint all over your cars.

(I`m still laughing to myself that the absorber is considered an acceptable choice but a chamois is not. I guess some people just believe everything they read)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    One waffle weave takes care of most of it, then back around with a microfiber or two (small car w/ no roof). Then a can of compressed air for the trim.

I have an Absorber, and it works as promised, but I find it a bit "sticky" and it slows me down.

This thread reminds me I have a cordless blower, will try that next time.

P.S. Where does one buy a "Dry Me Crazy" towel? Tried Amazon, Google, Autopia and a few others w/ no success finding it.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...icrofiber.html
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

^ Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Dry me crazy is from microfiber madness. CarPro carries them. The dry me a river is the one from rag co.
    Dry me crazy is a plush towel, and dry me a river is waffle weave as I recall. The 20x40 waffle weaves and 24x16 waffle weaves from rag co are the same towel, just different sizes.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a waffle weave microfiber towel with some quick detailer spray when drying. I will use a leaf blower (electric) to get water out of door handles and cracks around the lights and emblems etc. I use the quick detailer or spray wax to try and minimize any damage done by drying. Also like to have the mf towel damp before trying to dry. I haven`t tried the method of letting water run over it without pressure to lessen the amount of dryin, might have too!

Post Thanks / Like

I go inside, take a break and talk on the forums while the car drip dries

Likes Bindytou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a Metro Blaster Sidekick last week and its been a `blast` using it

I would knock off all the water from places my towels can`t reach then come back with a waffle weave towel and pat dry

Post Thanks / Like

Toro 230mph blower, followed by DetailedImage Waffle Weave microfiber for the little spots. If it`s a sealed\waxed\coated vehicle, pretty much everything comes off with the blower...

Post Thanks / Like

I`m using the the sidekick for the cracks and crevices, then an Uber drying towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Usa an absorbwr and never had problems. Then a mf towel for the wheels as sometimes there is a lil dirt left over. Might get a waffle weave mf towel in the future as those seem super popular.

Post Thanks / Like

Currently I use the open hose sheet off final rinse followed by MF towels both WW and plush. The house water is well water but I have a whole house softener and a 5 micron filter I can switch in or out, both are in use most of the time including for car washing. I have aspirations of getting a Metro blower of some sort but the money is going other places right now. I own a powerful Shindawa backpack gas blower which I`ve used for drying cars once or twice but it simply isn`t the right tool for the job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information