Post Thanks / Like

Question metro air force blaster

Metro Motorcycle Air Force Blaster

so, how does his little brother do at drying? 4hp motor. just curious to hear of owners of this unit. good enough to dry a vehicle?
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

metro air force blaster

I have the perspective of have owning both machines.

The AirForce Blaster I sold though to upgrade to the Master Blaster. The AirForce Blaster can do anything that the MB can do, it just takes more time. If you get the AFB you WILL NEED the dolly, as it tips over so easily without it (even with it). That is why my AFB was so cosmetically "used".

So far the MB doesn`t tip over, the dolly is built in to the MB, so no extra charge there. The hoses of both machines are the same.

The MB is very powerful, and it has 2 settings: 4 & 8 HP I assume. On the 8 HP setting, the "air force" is so strong it actually lifted a side molding off my truck. I`d say the MB seems about 40% more powerful than the AFB.

Both machines have "heated air". But for whatever reason, the MB`s air seems "hotter". Maybe cause of 2 motors? The MB is quite big, I got a special wall hanger built for it from Metro, but the wall hanger I fashioned for the AFB works fine

The hose is quite long and unwieldy, it`s almost impossible to use without hitting the paint in my single car garage (both machines). I think the hose is best stored stretched out, so it doesn`t get "memory bends" in it. Storing takes quite some room. The shipping weight of the MB is 26 lbs (it`s pretty heavy), I think the AFB is around 14 lbs (guess).

Here is the scoop though, neither machine is faster than drying by hand IMO (although its close with the M. However, either machine can get a car bone dry, so water doesn`t constantly drip out of every crevice for hours. It takes about 60 to get a wheel from wet to bone dry with the MB. Using one of these is an essential tool IMO. I I final rinse with DI water, so drying is touch less and in the sun for me.

The MB will require at least a 20amp circuit breaker to run it on in your house, or it will trip the circuit. Mine is a 20amp and it works fine. I plug it into the socket for the washer, so I think most of those circuits are probably 20 amps. The AFB will probably work fine on most circuits.

The thing is, I bought the AFB and had so many uses for it, I couldn`t help having a little buyers remorse for the stronger more powerful unit. If your like me, you will always want "the best".

I also have The Sidekick

and use it almost daily to dry all type of things: pads, tools, mats, sun glasses, etc... I have even used it to dry the whole car, all though it takes a bit of time. The Sidekick is so much more convenient than dragging out the long MB with its unwieldy hose.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: metro air force blaster

Great review, Swanicyouth ! Love the Harpo Marx avatar ! Those old movies of the Marx brothers are classic !

I have the Master Blaster and the best thing I ever did for it was to put it on the top shelf of my Detailing cart, putting the hose mid-height to a vehicle, off the ground, and the cart carrying the machine is much easier to maneuver around..

I also store the hose extended using the nice hose holders that MetroVac sells or that can be purchased from some detailing supply places or perhaps Amazon..

Love the Master Blaster, it totally cleans water out of all moldings and crevices so a dry car is really a reality vs dripping on the garage floor for an hour later...

Yes, the air will be heated faster and hotter with both motors going and if its a warm day, then even better..

Im thinking my big long Metrovac has a similar sized motor in it and if I really needed air to blow something like this, I could just switch the hose to the motor output port and do it..

But nothing out there yet, can match this Metro Master Blaster.. I love it..
    Dan F

Thread Information