Post Thanks / Like

Who`s got a complete *touchless* wash procedure

The end-all days for me is a soap that I can just foam down on a car, let it dwell.....pressure wash off and then blow the car dry ;-)

It`s inevitable on soft paints to have linerar marring - even with WAUD, etc procedures. You know, the softness you get that after polishing and wiping away, you get some slight marring.

I`m curious who`s got some sort of system that is close to touchless washing as a washing regimine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who`s got a complete *touchless* wash procedure

The closest I get is to pretreat the front with tarminator and lower panels/back with an APC, foam, rinse and blow dry. I believe letting the APC do its work helps a bunch. Working the pressure washer very slowly over the paint is crucial to actually removing dirt.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see the need to be paranoid about your paint. Keep your mitts and mf`s clean, never touch your paint dry with anything and use a finishing polish every so often. My DD`S have always stayed scratch free......
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion: Improve on your wash method.

I quit using grit guards and simply multiplied the wash sponges so I never have to go back to the wash solution with a sponge that has touched the car during that wash.

1 Wash bucket with 4 gallons wash solution.
    1 empty bucket to toss in used sponges.
    5 8" sea sponges

1 sponge for top, glass, hood, trunk (blue ink)
    2 sponges for each side, front and rear (yellow ink)
    2 sponges for use on bottom 1/4 of door panel and front and rear (red ink)

Each sponge is then rinsed in it`s own gallon of water & vinegar solution, wrung out and dried. The cleaning vinegar (1 cup to gallon of water)rinses away soap and dirt residue.

I`m very comfortable and pleased with this method.

I own two black cars, so the caution and inconvenience is worth it and visible proof to me that it practically eliminates scratches, marring, swirls, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    My suggestion: Improve on your wash method.

I quit using grit guards and simply multiplied the wash sponges so I never have to go back to the wash solution with a sponge that has touched the car during that wash.

1 Wash bucket with 4 gallons wash solution.
    1 empty bucket to toss in used sponges.
    5 8" sea sponges

1 sponge for top, glass, hood, trunk (blue ink)
    2 sponges for each side, front and rear (yellow ink)
    2 sponges for use on bottom 1/4 of door panel and front and rear (red ink)

Each sponge is then rinsed in it`s own gallon of water & vinegar solution, wrung out and dried. The cleaning vinegar (1 cup to gallon of water)rinses away soap and dirt residue.

I`m very comfortable and pleased with this method.

I own two black cars, so the caution and inconvenience is worth it and visible proof to me that it practically eliminates scratches, marring, swirls, etc.
    i use a similar method but with the thickest m/f towels i could find at c/g. never put used wash media back in soap bucket and dry with my master blaster. as close to touchless as i can get.

Post Thanks / Like

The MF was something I considered. I feel like I`ve tried everything under the SUN and still come back to SS mitts. I prefer the longer nap and like it gets into almost *everywhere* for me. The *other mitt* which alot of people like (merino), I am not a fan at all of it..

Post Thanks / Like

Over in the UK they actually have some "No-Touch" snow foams that really do work. I believe even CG has one.

But for some reason or another they have not made it here yet. I`m guess VOC laws or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Over in the UK they actually have some "No-Touch" snow foams that really do work. I believe even CG has one.

But for some reason or another they have not made it here yet. I`m guess VOC laws or something like that.

I do not know if Auto Finesse Avalanche (PMBG does not carry it yet) would be a possible product.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I believe AFA dwells long as is LSP. At the price rate, it had better be *touchless*.

Post Thanks / Like

don`t wash it ever

Post Thanks / Like

IMO there may be a touchless procedure, but it cannot be emplemented on every car. I think this is due to the fact some cars will have too much tar and bug stains that have been sitting too long to be removed without scrubbing off. Im not a 2 bucket fan, I like the rinsless/waterless wash method. So I like to clay the whole car and then run over it again with a waterless wash to remove all the residue the clay loosened up. If the car is too dirty to start with this I will take it to a self car wash and take some APC and pressure washer to it. I really need to save money for a pressure washer.

EDIT: I found that if you aren`t using good water, the 2 bucket method can leave some nasty water stains behind.

Post Thanks / Like

You`re never going to get around touching the paint. The trick is to touch it a minimal of times. I always presoak with CG wash and Gloss with some Dawn. 1st wash of the year. Let it dwell while I`m spraying and scrubbing the wheels and wheel wells. Then I power wash everything off again. Then use a 2BM as a final wash. Sheet the final rinse to minimize how long it takes to dry. Sheeting the water is important. If you sheet the water you should be able to dry your average size car in 5 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    IMO there may be a touchless procedure, but it cannot be emplemented on every car. I think this is due to the fact some cars will have too much tar and bug stains that have been sitting too long to be removed without scrubbing off. Im not a 2 bucket fan, I like the rinsless/waterless wash method. So I like to clay the whole car and then run over it again with a waterless wash to remove all the residue the clay loosened up. If the car is too dirty to start with this I will take it to a self car wash and take some APC and pressure washer to it. I really need to save money for a pressure washer.

EDIT: I found that if you aren`t using good water, the 2 bucket method can leave some nasty water stains behind.
    I have pretty hard water and never have a problem with spots/stains. I use DG 901 and 2BM. Sheet for final rinse and there is barely any water left on the car. Get it in the garage and blow dry the crevices and Cobra WW what`s left. Finish with BF WDPS. I rarely wash in the sun, but if I do, I wash the side directly in the sun last and keep the car wet through the whole process. If the car stays relatively clean, I will do mostly weekly rinseless washes, but I do a full hand wash at least once a month regardless.

Thread Information