Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cobra supreme guzzler

I have used the guzzlers and other MF WW towels and have gotten less than satisfactory results. I’m a weekend warrior, not a pro detailer; however, I found the majority of MF WW’s to have one major flaw.

The dirt and grit remaining on the car after the wash is trapped in the fibers of the MF material and becomes abrasive. You cannot rinse these particles out of MF during the drying process, they remain in the towel, become abrasive, and cause marring and swirl marks.

I found that only a natural chamois has all the characteristics to minimize this from happening.

1. Chamois are soft and non-abrasive

2. One side of the chamois has NAP to pull dirt particles away from the your paint (synthetic chamois, like the absorber no not)

3. You can rinse the dirt pulled into the nap in a bucket of clean rinse water (use your grit guard)

4. You can wring out the chamois (where you cannot with any MF WW towel) and continue drying the car

Anyone else share this perspective?

Post Thanks / Like

good drying towels. took the two of them to dry the xterra. no issues to speak of. only other one to compare them to are the sonus der wunder drying towels. i have used them once also. took two of them also. (nice part of the sonus is they are sold in a 2 pack).

comparing the two.......its really close. both were great. if i had to choose it would be the SONUS.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dane6619 View Post
    I have used the guzzlers and other MF WW towels and have gotten less than satisfactory results. I’m a weekend warrior, not a pro detailer; however, I found the majority of MF WW’s to have one major flaw.

The dirt and grit remaining on the car after the wash is trapped in the fibers of the MF material and becomes abrasive. You cannot rinse these particles out of MF during the drying process, they remain in the towel, become abrasive, and cause marring and swirl marks.

I found that only a natural chamois has all the characteristics to minimize this from happening.

2. One side of the chamois has NAP to pull dirt particles away from the your paint (synthetic chamois, like the absorber no not)

3. You can rinse the dirt pulled into the nap in a bucket of clean rinse water (use your grit guard)

4. You can wring out the chamois (where you cannot with any MF WW towel) and continue drying the car

I don`t! haha

Seriously though, I`ve never had any issues like that with my microfibers. How are you washing them, what kind of detergent, are you presoaking before washing? Lots can factor in to get a perfect towel out of the washer!

Post Thanks / Like

So, I was going to do a comparison between the Guzzler HD and the regular 20x40 Guzzler. However, I was able to completely dry an entire Suzuki Grand Vitara (Mid-Size SUV) with the Guzzler HD alone. No streaking and it also cleaned up any little water spots with only slight pressure. I`ll test out the Guzzler on the same vehicle once I do my post-polish wash and should be able to get a good comparison of the two from that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    good drying towels. took the two of them to dry the xterra. no issues to speak of. only other one to compare them to are the sonus der wunder drying towels. i have used them once also. took two of them also. (nice part of the sonus is they are sold in a 2 pack).

comparing the two.......its really close. both were great. if i had to choose it would be the SONUS.
    I use the Sonus drying towels and have great results. Great drying towel.
    I haven`t tried the Cobra Supreme Guzzler, but I hear nothing but good things about the Cobra towels.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased two of these and was pleasantly surprized to find I only needed one at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

dane 6619 who says you can`t do 3 & 4 with a WW towel? I wring mine out all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah one is enough for my Camaro. These things are great, at least after two uses. Holding up well so far....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dane6619 View Post

Waffle Weave Microfiber towels do feature a nap, which is what makes them safe for removing water, even if dust has settled on the paint.

While a chamois may have a sanded/suede size, it usually isn`t plush enough to effectively hold dirt off the paint.

Both a chamois and a waffle weave towel are designed to dry paint, not clean it. If you are getting dirt transfer on the towel during the wash process you are putting the paint at risk for swirl marks in most cases. The goal of washing the vehicle is to wash away all dirt, so the towels should remain perfectly clean after use.

I still enjoy using a chamois from time-to-time, I like the old school feel. That said, I also enjoy (what I find) to be the performance benefits of the waffle weave. There is no right, or wrong, answer, it is always a matter of preference.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to try a couple of them.

Post Thanks / Like

put them in use today. they do seem to get better with a few washes. seems like a really safe way to be drying the paint. when funds allow i would like to step up to the big one.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I love my cobra guzzler. The Adam`s towel I had before started to just push water around after about 8 washes. Was not happy about that

Post Thanks / Like

I tried one of the guzzlers more or less by a fluke and have never looked back. It amazed me with how much water it could hold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information