Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quality MF`s that won`t break the bank... Asking for the impossible

So, I was at my local Sam`s club today and I ended up picking up a pack of ProForce Commercial Spray Bottles - 6 Pack - Sam`s Club and a couple packs of ProForce Microfiber Towels - 24 count - Sam`s Club .

I know they aren`t the best out there but after hearing a couple good reviews about them and seeing them mentioned in a few posts I decided to give them a try. At 50c a towel if they don`t work out I can just give them to my wife for cleaning towels. Either way it goes I will definitely be investing in some good quality Korean fiber MF`s down the road.

In the perfect world they`d work out awesome and I`d go back and get a pack in the other two colors then use green for waterless/rinseless washes, blue for first wipe on glass, yellow for interiors, and orange for either QD or wheels and tires(wish they had some in black).

If anyone would like me to send them a couple so they could do some comparisons, especially for any of the tasks listed above, just let me know. I`d be glad to see how that turns out. They`re 16x16 80/20 blends.

Post Thanks / Like

PB`s DMT towel is a really good towel. A really good workhorse towel.

There are several good microfiber towels out there sold by several retailers. Its kinda like finding that paste wax that gives you that look you want. There`s some I love and will always have. There`s just several choices out there. Rolled edge, edgeless, microbanding, silk banding, plush, super plush, etc, etc. Then you get into blends and gsm`s of towels and sizes. Its quite a lot to decipher.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

Im with Hooland Patrick, Bunky, Ron, and Cooter on the PBs towels. When I call Steve I just order the Green and Gold towels so mine are all the same except 1, that I dont know where it came from. I do have some blue work towels from PBs and several junk towels from Wally World and Sams Club.

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone`s missing a big point here. Yes, we need MF towels to do all kinds of work... but you only need a nice ones for finishing and wipe downs. I use work towels 90% of the time. In a detail I go through about 50+ towels, between interior, trim, drying, engine, glass and final wipe down. out of those 50 or so maybe 5-7 of those are finishing for wax removal or polish removal.

Spend 30$ on 6-8 nice towels and use regular work brands for the rest, problem solved.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to also think about how many steps you`re gonna do on a vehicle also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another detailer once told me he didn`t spend a ton of money on expensive towels for things like rinseless washes. He said he had nice towels for polish and wax removal but that`s all they were used for

It makes sense especially if you are a professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Its hard to beat the gold Plush Jrs from AG/ACC and UltraPlush from Pakshak for the money, dont lint, stay soft wash after wash, and are the perfect density for waterless, rinseless, polish removal, lsp removal, and final pass.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Another detailer once told me he didn`t spend a ton of money on expensive towels for things like rinseless washes. He said he had nice towels for polish and wax removal but that`s all they were used for

It makes sense especially if you are a professional.
    It makes sense if you are polishing afterwards. For maintenenace wash, I rather use a high quality for rinseless and waterless wash for my weekly use.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the Miracle Towel? Miracle Towel 16x 24 inches

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know how it works over in the US but over here the answer to this question will depend on just how many you are after. Buy the branded towels which are priced for selling one or two and, frankly, you get seriously gouged. If you can bring yourself to buy something like 100 then you are in a position that the wholesalers will talk to you so you can buy towels at a fraction of the price and (if you do a bit of homework) you can actually get the same towels sold by some brands but without them having their cut.

So do your homework and you can make a good saving on volumes.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    Has anyone tried the Miracle Towel? Miracle Towel 16x 24 inches
    I had a few. It is a nice enough towel but there are softer towels of similar weight to be had for less money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    I had a few. It is a nice enough towel but there are softer towels of similar weight to be had for less money
    Agree`d, Go with Chemical guys ones or Gold plush juniors.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    So, I was at my local Sam`s club today and I ended up picking up a pack of ProForce Commercial Spray Bottles - 6 Pack - Sam`s Club and a couple packs of ProForce Microfiber Towels - 24 count - Sam`s Club .

I know they aren`t the best out there but after hearing a couple good reviews about them and seeing them mentioned in a few posts I decided to give them a try. At 50c a towel if they don`t work out I can just give them to my wife for cleaning towels. Either way it goes I will definitely be investing in some good quality Korean fiber MF`s down the road.

In the perfect world they`d work out awesome and I`d go back and get a pack in the other two colors then use green for waterless/rinseless washes, blue for first wipe on glass, yellow for interiors, and orange for either QD or wheels and tires(wish they had some in black).

If anyone would like me to send them a couple so they could do some comparisons, especially for any of the tasks listed above, just let me know. I`d be glad to see how that turns out. They`re 16x16 80/20 blends.
    I used to buy these but found that they mar after a couple washes. Good for wheels, interior and windows, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information