Post Thanks / Like

What not to use APC for?

I have been using Meguiars APC and wondering in which surfaces/materials it shouldn`t be applied. For example, can it be applied to car paint?

Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What not to use APC for?

Most APC`s are safe for just about everything, from wheels & tires to delicate paint. Depending on dilution ratios / Strength of product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gutierrezcl View Post
    I have been using Meguiars APC and wondering in which surfaces/materials it shouldn`t be applied. For example, can it be applied to car paint?

Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk

APC can be used on about any surface as long as it`s diluted property. As an example on the interior a dilution ration of one part APC and ten parts water would be safe in most all cases. That said NEVER just spray any cleaner on the surface without testing an area for reaction.

For wheel and wells, most APC could be on a four part APC to six part water...

Hope this helps
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it can be applied to paint, but it will strip wax.

What you have to be very wary of are two things:

1) Any kind of upholstery: leather, vinyl, cloth, or carpet. Test in an inconspicuous spot to see if the all purpose cleaner stains or discolors anything. If it doesn`t go ahead and have at it.

2) Black Plastic: The problem with effective all purpose cleaners is that they can be very harsh especially against black plastic. I would test as above again.

I use Optimum Power Clean`s All purpose cleaner and Optimum the manufacturer says it is safe on all surfaces. To date, I have not seen it discolor anything. With Megs APC, I would make sure to test anything you are unsure of.

Thread Information