Post Thanks / Like

First time user of CG Wash and Gloss with questions

I got my order of Citrus Wash and Gloss and was kind of curious about how it looked in the gallon container. The shampoo is yellow but had distinct patches of brown through out the container. I shook the dog fire crap out of it and set it in the utility room. I checked on it a couple of days later and the brown patches were back as if something in the shampoo was settling out or separating. I called Chemical Guys and they requested a picture which I sent by e-mail. I called them a couple of days later and was told there was nothing to worry about and the others in the store room looked the same. I then asked if I was going to have to shake the jug every time I went to use it and was told yes. I finally had a chance to use it and I again shook the crap out of it and when I went to pour the prescribed "a cap full per 4-5 gallons" it didn`t pour but kind of globed out, wasn`t runny at all. Kind of like trying to pour Mayonnaise Then when I went to pour the cap full of shampoo into the water it globed out and I had to rinse the cap in the water to get it all out. Is this the way the Citrus Wash and Gloss supposed to be? My plain Citrus Wash is nothing like this at all. I used one cap full in 4 gallons of water and washed the truck. I have or had ? a good coat of CG v-7 as well as two coats of CG acrylic detail spray and when I started had lots of beading but after washing the truck there was no beading and the water on the hood did not sheet as fast as before. Any one else had this experience and do you suppose I have a bad batch?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time user of CG Wash and Gloss with questions

That doesn`t sound right. CG CWG does separate but, when you shake it, it should go to kind of an opaque yellow. Definitely thick but still pourable.

Don`t remember any brown - yellow fluid and lighter creamy stuff - IIRC. Haven`t had it for a while, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    I got my order of Citrus Wash and Gloss and was kind of curious about how it looked in the gallon container. The shampoo is yellow but had distinct patches of brown through out the container. I shook the dog fire crap out of it and set it in the utility room. I checked on it a couple of days later and the brown patches were back as if something in the shampoo was settling out or separating. I called Chemical Guys and they requested a picture which I sent by e-mail. I called them a couple of days later and was told there was nothing to worry about and the others in the store room looked the same. I then asked if I was going to have to shake the jug every time I went to use it and was told yes. I finally had a chance to use it and I again shook the crap out of it and when I went to pour the prescribed "a cap full per 4-5 gallons" it didn`t pour but kind of globed out, wasn`t runny at all. Kind of like trying to pour Mayonnaise Then when I went to pour the cap full of shampoo into the water it globed out and I had to rinse the cap in the water to get it all out. Is this the way the Citrus Wash and Gloss supposed to be? My plain Citrus Wash is nothing like this at all. I used one cap full in 4 gallons of water and washed the truck. I have or had ? a good coat of CG v-7 as well as two coats of CG acrylic detail spray and when I started had lots of beading but after washing the truck there was no beading and the water on the hood did not sheet as fast as before. Any one else had this experience and do you suppose I have a bad batch?
    The CG Wash & Gallon Jug I have on my shelf is exactly how you describe it. Yellow substance on top and brown on the bottom. Before I use the shampoo I always shake it to mix it back together. It does pour rather clumpy. The product works great and used at lower dilution ratio does strip off previous LSPs great. It is not a shampoo I use as a maintenance wash.

Post Thanks / Like

That sound normal to me.
    It looks a bit brown in some light angles..
    How abt show us a photo??

Btw if it is too cold it might be difficult to pour??
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    Btw if it is too cold it might be difficult to pour??
    The CGW&G on my shelf has always been clumpy to pour even during summer time. Their HoneyDew shampoo and CGW&C on my shelf pour normal. Maybe the CGW&G is clumpy/sticky by design to help remove LSPs?

I just used my CGW&G about two weeks ago and it has not separated again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all of you guys. Sounds like what I have is normal for it. My original intent was to use this as a replacement for my Citrus Wash in pre-wax cleaning and I guess I`ll relegate the CWG to that specific chore and not use it as a maintenance wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I would show a photo BUT I don`t know how to post it.

Thread Information