Post Thanks / Like

Need an opinion on no rinse or waterless wash products

I haven`t paid much attention to the new products listed as "Rinseless wash" or "waterless wash" because I like to wash with water, shampoo and a hose.
    However at 69 years of age and cold weather I am more reluctant to get out there and wash the truck. Mine has gone three weeks now and we still have colder weather than I like. I have read various claims about these washes and they sound good but not sure how much of it is hype from the various makers. SO...what are some good recommendations from actual users on a wash that I can use in the garage that won`t strip my wax or change the look of the LSP that is on the truck?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need an opinion on no rinse or waterless wash products

I use Ultima WW Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate It can be used as both a WW and RW, and is the best bang for buck. Here is a thread with a nice chart for comparison on WW http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ash-chart.html

And here is a thread with a comparison over RW http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ash-chart.html

I like Ultima because it has no wax or sealants in it. So you are then free to apply your on LSP or keep the old LSP on the car. Pinnacle is the next best thing money wise but it has wax in it.

Post Thanks / Like

If i use the RW I just use one bucket. Fill it up with 1 ounce of RW to a gallon of water. Then throw 10 MF towels in the bucket. I take a clean towel and clean 1 section at a time. Once the towel is used on 1 panel or dirty I grab a new towel. This prevents you from applying dirt back on your car. I dry each panel as I go. check out Garry Dean on youtube, he has some videos explaining it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe since 2004 or so along with a host of others. I still prefer it for something that simply cleans without scratching yet leaves nothing behind. I`m also in my 60`s with a bum back so hose, buckets, wash, dry, and all that just don`t work anymore for me. Obviously if the vehicle is filthy muddy then a full wash is required.
    Other than that some Poorboy`s and a few good MF towels works extremely well. I speak from experience. The fact that it will clean ALL exterior surfaces, even tires in a pinch, is a huge plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    I`ve used Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe since 2004 or so along with a host of others. I still prefer it for something that simply cleans without scratching yet leaves nothing behind. I`m also in my 60`s with a bum back so hose, buckets, wash, dry, and all that just don`t work anymore for me. Obviously if the vehicle is filthy muddy then a full wash is required.
    Other than that some Poorboy`s and a few good MF towels works extremely well. I speak from experience. The fact that it will clean ALL exterior surfaces, even tires in a pinch, is a huge plus.
    Bingo! I`ve been using Pootboys S&W for years I buy it by the 5 gallon container.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Bingo! I`ve been using Pootboys S&W for years I buy it by the 5 gallon container.
    Love the typo.......made me laugh out loud.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    If i use the RW I just use one bucket. Fill it up with 1 ounce of RW to a gallon of water. Then throw 10 MF towels in the bucket. I take a clean towel and clean 1 section at a time. Once the towel is used on 1 panel or dirty I grab a new towel. This prevents you from applying dirt back on your car. I dry each panel as I go. check out Garry Dean on youtube, he has some videos explaining it better.
    Good advice. Do you pre-soak first using a garden sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

For both Waterless and Rinseless Washes nothing has been designed to be more effective then the BLACKFIRE offerings. Each uses the BLACKFIRE combination of polymers that bond both to the paint and surface, allowing you to remove dirt and grime without scratching. As a side benefit, the polymers act much like Wet Diamond paint sealant, adding shine and protection with each use.

If you are more of a carnauba guy, check out the newest offering from Pinnacle. They combine waterless and rinseless wash technology with purified carnauba for a deep, wet shine with every use.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

being in florida, my car is never too dirty, it`s mostly dust and leaves and things, therefore:

1. (2) gals rinseless in a bucket and soak 6 MF towels - as you use them, discard them (garry dean method)
    2. return unused rinsless to a jerry can, as it`s new for next time!
    3. 1.5 gallons of waterless mix in a garden sprayer for wheels - soak - clean - resoak
    also, before drying rinseless on car, garden spray the waterless for lubricity...dry...

I love this new method of cleaning...no scratch and no hose!! All BLACKFIRE of course!
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Unless I`m tackling a filthy muddy vehicle, I`ll be using the RW/WW methods from now on regardless of the weather conditions. We live in the water restricted SWest and I like the fact that I can wash in the garage no matter what time of day! Also being able to wash quickly more than once a week/as needed is nice. I`m also new to this method of car cleaning and new to AF but I will say I`ve tried many different methods of doing things recommended here and learned a lot about what works best for me in terms of time, cost and results. Done correctly, RW/WW works great, leaving clean scratch free paint care. I`ve only tried BlackFire`s Rinse-Less wash so far and really like it in terms of cost, shine, releasing dirt from MF towels, and multiple uses of the concentrate (water conditioner, clay lube, water-less wash and rinse-less wash). Try it you`ll like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea if the Blackfire WW concentrate will get an update in terms of its concentration levels?

Ultima WW+ -- 1:44 ratio
    Pinnacle WW+C -- 1:32 ratio
    BFWW -- 1:4 ratio

Just hoping =)
    Chris
    2004 Lexus IS200
    2009 Nissan Qashqai

Thread Information