Post Thanks / Like

Pay N Spray soap, does it remove wax?

I did a search, not much luck. Do the pay n spray (DIY spray/wash booths) soap remove wax?
    Ive read to always use a good brand of soap (meguires or similar) because they dont remove wax, what about the mystery soap that comes out of the majic wand at the pay n spray? Do you guys use it??? Im the type to wash in the driveway but its winter time here in South Dakota so thats not really an option unless I want a driveway full of ice and frozen hoses

What ive done with my new truck is fill 2 buckets one clean/rinse water one with meguires soap. they stay in the bed of the truck while i use the high pressure rinse to blast off the general residue off the vehicle then I use the 2 bucket method around the vehicle with a micofiber mitt then I spray it again with the rinse/plain water then dry it in the bay...

Any sugestions? I dont want to end up with a truck full of swirl marks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they do. They usually are very harsh in order to remove dirt with little rubbing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pay N Spray soap, does it remove wax?

Try a rinseless or waterless wash. No hoses required.
    Best In Show Mobile Auto Detailing

Don
    Owner/ Operator

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They are extremely harsh. It`s because they buy 55 gallon drums of soap you basicly dilute 300:1 but no one ever does that because the "Foam" is a show to the consumer. They def strip LSP`s I`ve seen it first hand.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=unclefrancis;
    What ive done with my new truck is fill 2 buckets one clean/rinse water one with meguires soap. they stay in the bed of the truck while i use the high pressure rinse to blast off the general residue off the vehicle then I use the 2 bucket method around the vehicle with a micofiber mitt then I spray it again with the rinse/plain water then dry it in the bay...

Any sugestions? I dont want to end up with a truck full of swirl marks![/QUOTE]

I dont see any harm in doing it that way!
    Just dont use their soap or their brush.

Post Thanks / Like

This is how I like to wash my car when I have the time. Since I dont have a pressure washer I just use the self car wash to rinse and use my own method to clean the vehicle. Mostly I just use the car wash to rinse the tires and under the vehicle. WW and RW the rest of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, well here is another brain buster question.. Its salty here and If it snows/wet its gets sprayed everywhere, no big deal since I wash my truck often. I stopped in last night to just spray off the vehicle since it was fairly warm here 35 degrees Well just using the high pressure rinse only which doesnt really do squat, as soon as it drys I can still see the white crud/salt water marks all down the truck. What can a guy do other than get out the buckets and scrub the truck every other day?? You would think with the high pressure from the gun would blast all that off but it needs to be wiped to remove.. any suggestions on that?? I tend to stay back a about a foot with the spray gun after gently misting the truck to loosen the general crud. I feel like even when I use the two bucket method im still rubbing dirt into the paint.... How do I get the crud off with out wiping and causing swirl marks??
    Cody-2013 Tacoma TRD Offroad -Black-

Post Thanks / Like

Bump?
    Cody-2013 Tacoma TRD Offroad -Black-

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash or Opti-Coat or both. Even with the soap in the touchless washes there is still some dirt left behind. Try it and look at the windshield where the wipers don`t reach. It is amazing how ineffect they are.

Thread Information