Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Somebody help me: The GarrY Dean Wash Method

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I don`t presoak actually
    Sorry, it looked like the cr was wet when you started washing
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    Using multiple towels and never putting a dirty towel back into the clean solution i had NEVER seen discussed until i posted it. I call it my method because it is the method I use and prefer. It is definitely a hybrid of several different techniques I put together into one wash method with my own personal flare. It is not for everyone, but it does save me time and effort while safely getting cars clean.
    Garry glad to see you around!

The wheel is round for sure, I don`t think any one of us has invented anything detailing related but we may had added our own spokes to the wheel. I was having a difficult time grasping the concept but I look forward to giving it a shot.

I personally like the name but I am waiting for Garry Dean`s Premium Custom Beef Jerky!!!!

Hope all is well

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Great Video man.
    You changed your wheels? I thought they were white.
    Yeah they were plastidipped white and I`m starting to get bored of them, so back to original midnight silver for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Sorry, I should`ve explained. It had just finished raining when I took the video

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Thats the biggest compliment you can ever get !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Garry glad to see you around!

The wheel is round for sure, I don`t think any one of us has invented anything detailing related
    Todd
    How about the " cord controle clip "invented by Gary Dean.Works awesome too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Thats the biggest compliment you can ever get !
    I wish he was talking about the paint! Unfortunately, he wasn`t talking about the paint, the car literally was wet with water beads LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I wish he was talking about the paint! Unfortunately, he wasn`t talking about the paint, the car literally was wet with water beads LOL
    OhI missed that!
    Your car and paint is beautiful BTW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    OhI missed that!
    Your car and paint is beautiful BTW!
    Thank you very much!

It`s nice to know that I can turn on my car, and she will return the favor

Post Thanks / Like

It`s nice to know that I can turn on my car, and she will return the favor
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably the biggest advantage for me besides insuring less scratch possibility, is the amount of rinseless solution I`m saving. I have set up a clean 5 gal jerry can that gets all the solution left over after I have used all the MF`s. It can re-used as it`s clean! Before, I was pouring out a gallon or so of dirty mix on the ground when finished...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I think you are doing it right, the problem is the cold temp. For some reason, I`ve found the colder it is, the harder it is to dry the rinseless wash. It can streak in colder temperatures. What I do when it`s cold is go around the car again with a quick detailer (not a waterless wash). For whatever reason, QD play better at cold temps. Prima Slick is a top notch QD to use for this. It`s thicker than WW or RW and wipes off better in the cold.

I have been doing a Water Waster Rinseless Wash. This is where I just use one high quality sheep skin wash mor, but I rinse it out with a hose before putting it in the rinse bucket. By the time it`s in the wash bucket, its clean as new and the solution never gets dirty.

But, with the cold weather, I think the GDWM makes a lot more sense and have been meaning to do it. This is what I see are the ADVANTAGES to his method

1. No, none, zero dirt get replaced into wash media

2. You can make less rinseless solution because of it, so you will save money.

3. You only need to drag one bucket to the wash site and around the car - and it can be a much smaller bucket. This is huge for people like me who often drag an arsenal of stuff to a coin-op in the winter to wash.

4. It`s faster to do. You don`t have to fill a second bucket and you don`t have to rinse any towels and wring out all the rinse water. Clean up outside would also be faster.

5. If you don`t try and overuse the towel surface it should be safer, as you are always using clean solution.

6. You don`t need a grit guard.

7. If you don`t use all your solution, you could save it in the bucket for the next wash since its clean, as you could do this method 2 towels at a time

8. It`s more feasible to use distilled water for someone like me. If I wanted to do a rinseless 2BW with DI water, I would have to buy like 9 gallons of water - I`m just not doing that. I can probably do a whole car with two gallons with the GDWM. If you use a deionizer, your resin would last longer.

Disadvantage

1. You have to wash more towels and use more microfiber detergent.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. While you will have to wash more towels and put them away, I can do that part in my nice warm house.

How many towels would I use to do a GDWM on a Pathfinder? Not to include drying towels.
    First, I have to say that the garage I heat up and it is usually up to around 60F when I have done this. Bad thing is the surface temp of the car doesn`t seem to warm up so it being cold could very well be the problem. I am going to try Garry`s method on the next try since all that makes sense. I have enough towels now and I would rather wash 10 to 15 towels than just 6 in the washer on a small load anyway. Even though yuou only use one bucket this way I will still need a pale to throw the wet ones into since it is to dang cold outside to wring them out and I can`t ring them out on the floor in the garage.

I like this idea and glad Todd started the thread and thank you Garry for the new idea, I heard about your method on here but couldn`t find anything on this forum about it and never got a chance to Google it.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Dean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information