Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

metro MASTER BLASTER

the ultimate drying tool? school me on why its so great. i have been looking at one, maybe waiting for a sale? at over $300 its not your normal detail purchase. (at least for me!) i can always dream. i like the idea of the metro. so if you have one, lets hear the good,bad and ugly. guess its LOUD? no really close neighbors, but i am sure in the summer at 6am this unit is going to sing to the neighbors.

thanks!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: metro MASTER BLASTER

Todd Approved!

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ster-8-hp.html

But I like to use my leafblower, 300+ is too much for me to pay for something like a drying tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure like my Master Blaster. I am sure you have seen the videos.

The best aspect is that it can get all the water out of the crevices and cracks and jambs.

It can do better directed drying than a leaf blower since it has a hose. It can dry a tire/wheel/well in less than 10 seconds. It is faster than towel drying but may depend how thoroughly you towel dry.

It is really not especially loud but you should wear hearing protection since it does cause high pitched whistling when do the cracks.

It has 4 wheels but none swivel so does not turn well. You can mount it on a wall and get a hose extension if you do not want to drag it around. I put mine on cart to keep it out of water but eventually plan to wall mount it with the hose. I have heard standard pool hoses work.

You just wait until there is a 15% no restriction sale and will obviously meet the minimum shipping charge. Some sellers have them dropped shipped from Metro.

If the standard power cord is too short, you will need to get a 12AWG and 20A circuit (technically required but some say it worked on a 15A circuit). This is probably the most restricting issue.

I do not think you will regret getting one since it has other purposes (use to dry carpeting, blow out dust, etc)

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Its a great machine. Works great on a vehicle with a LSP. Looks like water running for its life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Todd Approved!

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ster-8-hp.html

But I like to use my leafblower, 300+ is too much for me to pay for something like a drying tool.
    It`s interesting that Todd mentions that he like to dry the car first with a Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Towel first then go back over those difficult areas with the Master Blaster....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

found out that the hose was so powerful it would come off. i did some work and attached it with nut and bolt at machine exit. problem gone. i keep telling everyone that this is the best tool i own. try vacuming under seat rails. this just blows the junk out. it does work better on waxed vehicles but it more than works for getting rid of the drips from emblems etc. built like a truck and family owned with incredible service.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the metro sidekick and it does a great job at getting water out of crevices and dries the vehicle fairly easy as well. It`s not too loud neither.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely worth the money. Much better than my 200 MPH leaf blower. The heated air really does make a difference. I love mine.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

First I have to say I don`t own one and never used on. Now, the cheapskate that I am I would have to say does a person really need a $300 blower? I personally would say I could live without it but then I am trying to stay on a budget when it comes to detailing supplies and equipment. I am only doing one car and to me a $300 item is not in the budget. I think it would be a different story if I was a detailer and doing a number of cars then it might be justified. I never thought about using my leaf blower which for me would be neat idea since the one I have is a dual purpose unit. I bought a Black and Decker shop vac that can be converted to a leaf blower. Just disconnect the power head from the can, pull the exhaust cap off and put the blower tube on. It actually has a filter on it so I might have to try it come spring.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Before my metro sidekick I used to drive my car around the block after drying to get all the remaining water off my car. This was not a good idea since my car had some body panels covered in dirt that the wheels picked up while driving. And it also never fully got all the water out. My sidekick, however, gets the job done the first time and doesn`t make my car collect dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love mine. I`ve had it for almost a year now. It gets all the water out of the trim and cracks. It will dry the tires so I can apply dressings pretty quick. I also like it for the engine bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    Before my metro sidekick I used to drive my car around the block after drying to get all the remaining water off my car. This was not a good idea since my car had some body panels covered in dirt that the wheels picked up while driving. And it also never fully got all the water out. My sidekick, however, gets the job done the first time and doesn`t make my car collect dust.
    I used to take my red Monte Carlo out on a tared county road and wind it up to about 90 and dry it that way. Now for the not so funny part, the first time I washed my shiny black Camaro I took it out and wound that up to the hundred mark got back home and pulled into the garage and I could not believe the water spots on the car, red car you don`t see them all that much but black OMG. We have super hard water but was able to get them out with QD. Some spots were a little stubborn. That was the end of high speed drying.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, I love that the air is heated so it makes drying my tires that much faster which then allows me to apply tire dressing sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

Beats the snot out of a leaf blower. Worth every penny.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine too, used it today! Its a beast, especially on a clayed and waxed car.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information