Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: metro MASTER BLASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    The Master Blaster is just a dryer. The Vac and Blo is a vac and a blower combo.
    Yes but calling it just a dryer is like calling Superman just a super hero! The Master Blaster is THE DRYER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Yes but calling it just a dryer is like calling Superman just a super hero! The Master Blaster is THE DRYER!
    True
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

While it is in an interesting watch it is hardly definitive. There are many far more experienced and knowledgable detailers who have used both a leaf blower and a master blaster, and almost without exception, chose the Master Blaster.

I used a leaf blower for the longest time (and it is certainly a cost-effective approach). However, the option to use filtered air is much better.

We have all seen the sand blasting effect of driving a car on the expressway at 65-80 mph. Over time the finish (particularly the front bumper, mirrors, and lead edge of the hood) will appear to have 1000s of pin holes caused by debris blasting across the finish at speed. Now the effect isn`t noticeable the first time you take your pride-and-joy on the freeway, but it quickly adds up.

Blasting unfiltered air across your paint at 200 mph is, over time, going to sand blast it.

On the flip side if you are a professional detailer, using filtered air is going to help protect the finish of your client`s paint, which is something that will help you stand out from your competition. Additionally, if you are an enthusiast who wants to maintain their vehicle in the best possible condition, the same applies.

Does a leaf blower work? Yes, and it works well. Is it the best option? No, not even close.
    Todd, I actually had a leaf blower suck up a seedling floating through the air and get spit out and hit my car, and yes, it did chip it! While a very rare thing to happen, it can still happen.

I love my Master Blaster!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Todd, I actually had a leaf blower suck up a seedling floating through the air and get spit out and hit my car, and yes, it did chip it! While a very rare thing to happen, it can still happen.

I love my Master Blaster!
    Ouch! Makes me never want to touch my leaf blower again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

"Detailing Devil Dog" Junkman2008's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does a leaf blower work? Yes, and it works well. Is it the best option? No, not even close.
    I have used a leaf blower for years to dry my car and not once have I ever had an issue with it sucking up anything and spitting it out on my paint. That`s one of the claims that companies who sell the Master Blaster like to make. I would love to see a video that definitively shows this claim while using a leaf blower correctly. Using a leaf blower along with some common sense is more than safe and like you said, it works too.

Since I have both devices, I have no dog in this fight. As a matter of fact, I have no dog in any fight with the products I use or recommend because I don`t sell anything, not even detailing services. However, I would not advise someone who is strapped for cash to forsake their bills and go out and buy a Master Blaster. You are NOT going to find $300+ worth of difference between it and a $30 leaf blower. That I can prove.

I am so anal with my paint that if a leaf blower was causing damage to it, I would have noticed it right away. As a matter of fact, I am so anal that I paint my bumper every year because I can`t stand the paint chips. That I am in the process of doing right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a leaf blower from time to time. No harm done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a leaf blower. I never chipped paint, but who says its not possible? I don`t have a Master Blaster, but I do have an AirForce Blaster and the Sidekick. Both of which are much nicer than a leaf blower and are cheaper alternatives than the MB.

Maybe my leaf blower sucked, but it was almost useless compared to the Blasters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    I have used a leaf blower for years to dry my car and not once have I ever had an issue with it sucking up anything and spitting it out on my paint. That`s one of the claims that companies who sell the Master Blaster like to make. I would love to see a video that definitively shows this claim while using a leaf blower correctly. Using a leaf blower along with some common sense is more than safe and like you said, it works too.

Since I have both devices, I have no dog in this fight. As a matter of fact, I have no dog in any fight with the products I use or recommend because I don`t sell anything, not even detailing services. However, I would not advise someone who is strapped for cash to forsake their bills and go out and buy a Master Blaster. You are NOT going to find $300+ worth of difference between it and a $30 leaf blower. That I can prove.

I am so anal with my paint that if a leaf blower was causing damage to it, I would have noticed it right away. As a matter of fact, I am so anal that I paint my bumper every year because I can`t stand the paint chips. That I am in the process of doing right now.

now thats being anal... a compliment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    I am not sure what claims you are referring to, but I know autopia-carcare.com doesn`t make that claim! I know that some users of all skill levels, from novice to high-end professional, prefer the Metro Vac Master Blaster. Compared to a leaf blower, it is safer, offers heated air, and moves a higher velocity of air.

I am not sure how you can prove that? I suppose you can prove it to yourself, however, a lot of people -myself included- find the added safety margin (potential) and easy handling to be worth the investment.

Just like driving your car on the expressway, most of the damage would likely occur over time. It`s not something you notice right away. Also, given the absolute hardness of Corvette paint, I would assume it is more forgiving of having air-born particles blown at it over 200 mph.

One of the great things about AutopiaForums is we value the opinion of everybody- From the guy whose experience is limited to detailing (mostly) his own cars and learning much of what he knows on the internet to the day-in, day-out professional who does this for a living as is judged by his peers, to the absolute beginner.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I have a masterblaster and a metrovac n blow, the only thing that separates them really is the warm charged air, portability and filter. If I were on a budget I would simply wrap the intake on a leaf blower with a foam filter (The one`s that cover AC`s probably would work awesome).

Just a thought though...
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Friends

The Junkman loves the Master Blaster.

And for whatever it`s worth, I love the Junkman, his instructional style, and his videos.

When His Royal Highness graced Atlanta with his presence I heard straight from him:

"This is `Yeah!`" [turning on one of Master Blaster`s switches]
    "This is `Hell yeah!`" [turning on the other one]

I have and use the Master Blaster with every wash and have never used a leaf blower. I`m not very skilled with it and it still takes 25-45 minutes for me to dry my van, depending on how dry I want it. Using Blackfire soap cuts the drying process, believe it or not, by about half the time.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Junkman is awesome, I must agree. All my friends who ask me about polishing and what machine`s to get. I show them his video about the machine`s from a porter cable to rotor.

Personally I`d love to try some 300 mph gas blower (Modify it a bit) but I know that would run me more than a master blaster. All the electric ones are 12 amps max and... amps = power. The master blaster has over 18 amps... thus an ish load more power and far more concentrated due to the reduction in outlet size.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

I currently use my air compressor, i have a great filter on it and a 70 foot hose. I have never had an issue using it. Now it doesnt blow warm air but it certainly serves allot of purposes around the garage. Im sure the vac/blower is nice but the price is a little out of range for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go guys...

Ran to home depot this morning because our old 10 year old leaf blower finally rendered itself useless. I figured I`d capitalize on the dilemma and have some fun.

I didn`t use the junkmans one but spent a little more for a 12 amp, price was still nothing compared to what I shelled out for the MB.

MB Foam pad filter

Cut to size or leave it. The suction is so strong it actually holds the filter in place and will not move at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the Toro`s. My first one died a fairly early death (still under warranty). I just use it for driveway work.

I like the precision of the master blaster (hose with hand hold nozzle) of aiming it easily at where you want to blow in tight spaces. You do not have to hold the entire thing up high to dry a roof but some have added a hose to the end of the blower to overcome that limitation.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information