Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: metro MASTER BLASTER

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    It`s interesting that Todd mentions that he like to dry the car first with a Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Towel first then go back over those difficult areas with the Master Blaster....
    With Florida`s hard water, I like to remove as much water as possible so I can really really take my time blowing out all the cracks and crevices. On my motorcycle I willl usually just blow dry it.

Regarding leaf-blowers... They work great, I used one for years! The down side, of course, is that you are blowing unfiltered air at your vehicle at over 200 mph. Anybody who has seen the front of a high-way driven car knows what high-speed air and particular will eventually do. I NEVER noticed sand blasting from using a leaf blower but I knew the potential was there.

What I have always found interesting is that a lot of people have switched from a leaf blower to the Metro Master Blaster and I have never heard one person say that they regretted it. Leaf Blowers work fine, and while there is some risk, it is minimal. However at the end of the day, even with the price that this super high quality machine deserves, everybody who has made the switch was glad they did it. Sometimes that says more than any review could.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 4 HP Metro and use it both ways: as a vacuum and to blow water off the car It gets the water out of the crevices and off the tires and I use it as a first pass on getting most of the water off the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    What I have always found interesting is that a lot of people have switched from a leaf blower to the Metro Master Blaster and I have never heard one person say that they regretted it.

Leaf Blowers work fine, and while there is some risk, it is minimal. However at the end of the day, even with the price that this super high quality machine deserves, everybody who has made the switch was glad they did it. Sometimes that says more than any review could.
    I agree with you completely Todd.

Two major advantages of using a leaf blower is they supply large amounts of focused air and they are reasonably priced, around $50.00 on average for an electric model and twice this amount for a gas model.

The downside is they`re cumbersome, become somewhat heavy all of a sudden, have a hard plastic tip, and they do not filter the air.

The Metro Master Blaster is well built and a top notch performer. It`s hose is lightweight, flexible, and uses a soft rubber nozzle. It`s air is filtered and warmed as it passes the motor, a very nice feature.

The Metro Master Blaster lends itself very well to selectively targeting those hard to reach areas without putting additional strain on the user. I think it`s performance and customer satisfaction speak volumes as to the quality and performance of this machine.

The major detraction of Metro`s Master Blaster is the initial cost. At $400 it pushes the financial limits of many but if the regular price was reduced close to $250 I would suspect the sales would increase substantially.

Two additional points that deserve mentioning are the current draw and hose length.

Current Draw

With both motors running the Metro`s Master Blaster draws 19 amps. While this isn`t enormous this unit will require a 20amp circuit to operate properly and safely.

Hose Length

Most if not everyone that details has a vacuum. The vacuums are plentiful and brands like Shop-Vac, Home Depot, and Craftsman probably capture 80% of the market.

Most of these vacuums come standard with a 10` to 12` hose. While these hose lengths are often adequate most of us wish they were longer and we`re only vacuuming out the interior or trunk.

The ideal hose length for the Metro Master Blaster would be 15`. This would allow unrestricted access and maneuvering to dry the roof, windshield, rear window and the engine compartment.

With the Master Blaster unit directly in front of the car, a hose measuring 10` will most likely be stretched to the limit reaching the firewall of most vehicles. A hose measuring 15` to 18` would be the ideal length that should be standard with these units...

FEATURES:

• 2 stage dual fan / 2 motors
    • 2 speeds / 2 temperatures
    • 19 amp
    • 10 foot x 1.5 inch commercial strength flexible hose
    • 12 foot neoprene cord
    • E/Z Change Foam Filter (wash & reuse)
    • Sturdy Steel- weighs only 16 lbs.
    • One year manufacturers warranty.

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone else here, I LOVE my MasterBlaster. It is really nice on freshly sealed and coated cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Like everyone else here, I LOVE my MasterBlaster. It is really nice on freshly sealed and coated cars.
    And for good reason Troy!

Hopefully someday I`ll be the proud owner of one too!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hopefully someday I`ll be the proud owner of one too!!

Bobby, You should really consider getting one. You will love it.

I saved up for a year to get mine. And I got it on a nice Christmas sale....

Post Thanks / Like

i don`t use mine everytime i clean my car but when i do a soap and water wash i`ll usually use it. one of the best investments i`ve made as the less i touch my paint the less of a chance of scratching it....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh there`s no doubt about that Troy!

The Metro Master Blaster is definitely on my list of wants and someday I will have one and will love it like everyone else.....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

is there not a vacuum that does both the drying and vacuuming i am trying to put together a list for things i need for shop am starting to take on more and more cars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by golden1 View Post
    is there not a vacuum that does both the drying and vacuuming i am trying to put together a list for things i need for shop am starting to take on more and more cars

There is a 4hp vac-n-blow.

But the MasterBlaster is a dual 4hp blower only. So 8hp of car drying power. And the dual motors also heat the filtered air to aid in drying.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a 4hp vac-n-blow.

But the MasterBlaster is a dual 4hp blower only. So 8hp of car drying power. And the dual motors also heat the filtered air to aid in drying.

so if i have 4hp vac now then it would be good investment in masterblaster am glad this thread was posted and for the advice thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by golden1 View Post
    so if i have 4hp vac now then it would be good investment in masterblaster am glad this tread was posted and for the advice thanks guys
    I have both the 4 hp Vac and Blow and the 8 hp Master Blaster. The Vac and Blo(w) is good for spot drying but it isn`t super duper powerful. The Master Blaster is on a whole different level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I have both the 4 hp Vac and Blow and the 8 hp Master Blaster. The Vac and Blo(w) is good for spot drying but it isn`t super duper powerful. The Master Blaster is on a whole different level.
    Is it a good vacuum? I`m looking to replace my shopvac

Post Thanks / Like

One day maybe, I`ll pull the trigger. But a side of me wants to push the money into a big reliable compressor and outfitting a nice cord/attachment setup.

Post Thanks / Like

You know Troy, I wonder if the 1 1/2" hose that comes with it is a standard size and connection. I have 2 longer hoses here that would fit on it quite nicely making it more convenient...

BobbyG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information