Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax vs Sealant, Which is Better for UV Protection

Well anyone can say "nothing is permanent," the shoes that I`m wearing is not permanent, the carpet inside my home isn`t permanent, a cars clear coat is not permanent! That`s why the owner of Opti-coat is saying 4-5 years!!!
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    I feel sick now!

I wouldnt touch any of that trashy junk food so I cant comment!Diet drinks suposedly make people fat anyway LOL thats what Ive heard!

Besides we are talkling about detailing products here not junk food!Smooth dude!
    But those Diet Drinks have "Claims" saying people will be healthier since it having less suger...oh silly claims...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Well anyone can say "nothing is permanent," the shoes that I`m wearing is not permanent, the carpet inside my home isn`t permanent, a cars clear coat is not permanent! That`s why the owner of Opti-coat is saying 4-5 years!!!
    I thought the`permanant`opti coat coating is saying they will garentee it for the life of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I have wasted my time getting a MBA. I have learned everything I need to here on this thread about marketing.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Please show me..I beg you...where does the Owner of Opti-Coat sayis its 4-5 years?

Maybe you should look at his website...He says it forms a "Permanent Film".

Opti-Coat 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

WHY ARE WE STILL COMPARING A COATING WITH A TRADITIONAL SEALANT???????

Whether you are applying Opti Coat or Nano Skin...ITS THE SAME PREP!!!.
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    I thought the`permanant`opti coat coating is saying they will garentee it for the life of the car.
    Only if the Opti Coat Pro version is applied by a Authorized Detailer and it was applied properly since the Opti Coat Pro can be kinda difficult to apply so there will be no streaks or the entire process is correctly done. Did you know if you return the product before its 3 month satisfaction guarantee you can not order it again? I wonder why when they said that no one has ever returned a Opti Coat Coating? Because 3 months is not long enough to test a product like that and if they don`t like it past the 3 months they are SOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    LOL..just because Im not a fan boy of Opti Coat?...
    My comment in this post isn`t directly related to the topic at hand, forgive me for this slight derail.

Reflectiveauto, I`m sure you have noticed that many of your posts have been met with a bit of resistance, this is very evident in this thread. It`s my belief that most of the members making comments here are not necessarily opposed to the product you are using. It`s probably a very good product though I say this having never used it. However since you have used the term, fan boy, I`ll throw this thought out. You can do with it as you please.

I believe the resistance you might perceive is because of the fan boy attitude that seems to follow your posts in virtually every thread in which you post. There is a huge difference between saying I`ve found a good product that is working very well for me and saying here`s the best product created and nothing else compares. Though you haven`t said this directly the sentiment is very obvious. I sincerely believe that this is what most people derive from your posts. I think it`s hurting your credibility. If you don`t have credibility amongst your peers you`ll never be a great detailer. Not that you are asking me but I think you`ll find better success in the convincing of members as to the merits of Nanoskin if you would keep that in mind.

I mean no offense in this post. That said, I think most people know that I pretty well say what`s on my mind. I`ve made this statement before and still maintain this belief. No one manufacturer makes the best of everything and that includes Nanoskin. Your posts leave us with the impression that if it isn`t Nanoskin then it just isn`t anything at all. We have a remarkable collection of top notch detailers on this forum that simply know this isn`t true. There are tons of really good products at virtually any price point available. Best is simply too subjective. What works well for one may not for another. What works well under one set of circumstances may not work well in another. Spend more time being happy that you`ve found a product line you really like and less time "selling" it to everyone else. I don`t mean selling in the literal sense as I`m sure you know that would be a violation of forum rules.

Now stepping down from my soap box. Peace.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    WHY ARE WE STILL COMPARING A COATING WITH A TRADITIONAL SEALANT???????

Whether you are applying Opti Coat or Nano Skin...ITS THE SAME PREP!!!.
    No its not..

Optic Coat has been said to be applied as a 1 step as a 1 step fix from I have seen and read on posts from Opti Coat Detailers. Is that how I would apply it?....No Way...

I apply the NanoSkin Shield Coating only after washing the car, decontaminating the paint, Paint Correction, Polishing then using the Nanoskin Wax then only then do I apply the NanoSkin Shield Coating after the wax...I don`t take short coats like other detailers looking to make a easy $600 (more or less) by just using Opti Coat and not doing a complete prep....I wont screw over my clients over like that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    My comment in this post isn`t directly related to the topic at hand, forgive me for this slight derail.

Reflectiveauto, I`m sure you have noticed that many of your posts have been met with a bit of resistance, this is very evident in this thread. It`s my belief that most of the members making comments here are not necessarily opposed to the product you are using. It`s probably a very good product though I say this having never used it. However since you have used the term, fan boy, I`ll throw this thought out. You can do with it as you please.

I believe the resistance you might perceive is because of the fan boy attitude that seems to follow your posts in virtually every thread in which you post. There is a huge difference between saying I`ve found a good product that is working very well for me and saying here`s the best product created and nothing else compares. Though you haven`t said this directly the sentiment is very obvious. I sincerely believe that this is what most people derive from your posts. Not that you are asking me but I think you`ll find better success in the convincing of members as to the merits of Nanoskin if you would keep that in mind.

I mean no offense in this post. That said, I think most people know that I pretty well say what`s on my mind. I`ve made this statement before and still maintain this belief. No one manufacturer makes the best of everything and that includes Nanoskin. Your posts leave us with the impression that if it isn`t Nanoskin then it just isn`t anything at all. We have a remarkable collection of top notch detailers on this forum that simply know this isn`t true. There are tons of really good products at virtually any price point available. Best is simply too subjective. What works well for one may not for another. What works well under one set of circumstances may not work well in another. Spend more time being happy that you`ve found a product line you really like and less time "selling" it to everyone else. I don`t mean selling in the literal sense as I`m sure you know that would be a violation of forum rules. Peace.
    Im not selling anything...I don`t make claims. My issue is with products that make "Unproven Claims" and people buy that claim like beer at 99% off. Do I think NanoSkin is the product that will save the world? No..I never made that claim, but it fits my clients and my needs for this environment and its works great. Btw Im posting this from year 2035 in the future and the Nanoskin Shield is working perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

No its not..

Optic Coat has been said to be applied as a 1 step as a 1 step fix from I have seen and read on posts from Opti Coat Detailers. Is that how I would apply it?....No Way...

I apply the NanoSkin Shield Coating only after washing the car, decontaminating the paint, Paint Correction, Polishing then using the Nanoskin Wax then only then do I apply the NanoSkin Shield Coating after the wax...I don`t take short coats like other detailers looking to make a easy $600 (more or less) by just using Opti Coat and not doing a complete prep....I wont screw over my clients over like that
    WRONG!!! Do some research!!!

You must correct the paint before opti coat, Cquartz, Gtech...OR any coating. Its not a 1 step, 1 fix. Good luck to you and your business
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Im not selling anything...I don`t make claims. My issue is with products that make "Unproven Claims" and people buy that claim like beer at 99% off. Do I think NanoSkin is the product that will save the world? No..I never made that claim, but it fits my clients and my needs for this environment and its works great. Btw Im posting this from year 2035 in the future and the Nanoskin Shield is working perfect.
    You don`t make claims? Are you serious?

Read my post carefully on the selling part of this post, it was well qualified. There should be little room for confusion.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    WRONG!!! Do some research!!!

You must correct the paint before opti coat, Cquartz, Gtech...OR any coating. Its not a 1 step, 1 fix. Good luck to you and your business
    Dude..do you not read or understand what Im saying? I`ll spell it out for you in simple terms you can undertand..."THERE ARE FORUMS WHERE THERE ARE OPTI COAT/GUARD DETAILERS DOING DETAILS WITHOUT ANY PAINT CORRECTION AT ALL. THEY ARE WASHING, DECONING AND THEN APPLYING THE OC/OG AND CALLING IT THE DAY FOR BIG BUCKS AND THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT...WELL IF YOU WANT TO SCREW OVER THE UNSUSPECTING CUSTOMER" I wont do that...I have a certain process that I follow.

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

So because there are some idiots out there not taking proper steps that means the product was designed for that?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information