Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax vs Sealant, Which is Better for UV Protection

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post

PS, no I am not getting paid by BF and not getting kickbacks for pedaling BF products (although I wish I was), and yes so far to me it is hearsay that BF are outstanding as I have yet to use them. I will probably do so as soon as the package arrives. Please do not ridicule me as I know there are a lot of other good products out there, it is that I just can`t afford to buy and try them all and have to go by the word of what I read here on this informative and sometimes entertaining forum.

Dean.

OMG Your my idol@!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edjoe View Post
    Thanks, I`ll look into this and wait till a sale or a better $$ time. So far my 1st purchase of a product was Blackfire rinse less wash and I`ve done both vehicles 2X with it and the results are amazing, smooth feeling and great shine with no scratches, therefore would like to try other BF stuff you recommended.
    Well a good starter kit try the Blackfire TPnS, top it with BFCS, and Midnight Sun Spray. All that should cost about $50.00 and the sister site is having a sale on it too.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    Lol...that`s funny..I`m not paid by anyone..I`m just not impressed by Opti coat or Opti Seal..in the reflection or repelling of water. Btw how can anyone prove that opti coat is a permanent option? I`m sure its a good product but I see it pushed down peoples throat by opti coat reps by unknowing car owners.
    do you want to know whats funny? YOU
    just stop it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    There are some sealants that provide excellent UV protection and long durability, some provide excellent UV protection (while they last) and short durability, some provide little UV protection and long durability, and so-on and so-on. The same can be said for specific waxes as well...

Ultimately, it comes down to the individual product... More then what the main protective ingredient is. Wax and sealant manufacturers have a vested interest in protection your finish because it keeps them in business.

In general, I would prefer a paint sealant for protection, because, in general, they last longer then most carnauba waxes and withstand heat better. If you want a best of both worlds approach, apply a paint sealant first then top that with a carnauba wax.
    My question...from an uneducated person in all things...wax and sealant IS...how do you know either way if things bond or not. Same thing with things that claim to layer...how do you know? BY sight, by experience or the manufactures claim. I wiped on several coats of Blackfire sealant but couldn`t tell you if there is two layers or not...how do we know? has it been proven in a lab...can layers be measured? I am just curious

Post Thanks / Like

I think issue is everyone you were told by didnt use the product correctly. Better yet, they didnt prep properly. The thing is though, I have read more people who LOVE the product and didnt have those issues. Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure Garry Dean uses Opti Gaurd. In all his videos the cars look AMAZINGLY shiny. I would simply suggest better wording next time, so people dont get so irate thinking you are knocking one product in favor of another you seem to boast about with out a proper comparison. Ease up on the on the poor fellow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    My question...from an uneducated person in all things...wax and sealant IS...how do you know either way if things bond or not. Same thing with things that claim to layer...how do you know? BY sight, by experience or the manufactures claim. I wiped on several coats of Blackfire sealant but couldn`t tell you if there is two layers or not...how do we know? has it been proven in a lab...can layers be measured? I am just curious

To know which way you use the product read the label. They will tell you how to apply the product to bond best. I cant say about the layering for sure. My opinion would be that the permanent sealants you can see a difference between 1 or 2 layers b/c of how the product works to protect the paint. Other sealants that last only a few months do not create a thick hardening outer layer that protects against scratching and UV rays. So layering will not be visible to the naked eye. Again, not an expert in that area so im just speaking from my common sense and what I already know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post

This is awesome
    i`m a big Colbert fan!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    I think issue is everyone you were told by didnt use the product correctly. Better yet, they didnt prep properly. The thing is though, I have read more people who LOVE the product and didnt have those issues. Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure Garry Dean uses Opti Gaurd. In all his videos the cars look AMAZINGLY shiny. I would simply suggest better wording next time, so people dont get so irate thinking you are knocking one product in favor of another you seem to boast about with out a proper comparison. Ease up on the on the poor fellow.
    I never knocked the product..I have never used it. Im sure its good for what purpose it was made for. Btw Im friends with Garry Dean and we talk all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
    do you want to know whats funny? YOU
    just stop it already.
    LOL..just because Im not a fan boy of Opti Coat? The NanoSkin Shield Sealant works better in the environment that I detail in then what I have seen with Opti Coat does. Ive seen pics of Opti Coat with water on it...looks like it has no protection...but again please prove to me that it is permanent...no can prove that....not even the designers of Opti Coat can prove that. If I lived in a warmer environment and didn`t really have to worry about a lot rain, snow and occasional 3 months of summer...I would probably use Opti Coat but I don`t so I wont. Btw I have contacted several highline detailers in my area and some carry Opti Coat but they don`t recommend it...but that`s a different topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edjoe View Post
    Hey Gang, I got two DD`s one a dark blue wagon that`s garaged and the other a red pickup that`s always out. What LSP offers better UV protection in the Southwest sun, wax or sealant? Looking forward to hear your recommendations and experiences.
    Have you looked into Optimum Car Wax? It`s the only spray wax that has two UV patents. Optimum claims that the UV protectant in OCW is similar to the UV protectants that paint manufactures use in their clear coats.

Post Thanks / Like

Tommorrow I will make a call and get some Opti Coat test and do a side by side comparison since its raining a lot and see what type of protection it offers. I will give it a fair test.

Post Thanks / Like

Tommorrow I will make a call and get some Opti Coat test and do a side by side comparison since its raining a lot and see what type of protection it offers. I will give it a fair test.
    Well I hope it ends up better than this test you did

Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

please use optimum hyper compound and optimum hyper polish (or any optimum compounds and polishes).

And like above, apply it to a car.

Lots of people screw up their first time because they use m105/205 and think it`s ready to apply OC after Carpro eraser but sometimes it`s still not. Use Optimum Hyper Compound and Polish and save yourself the headache.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Well I hope it ends up better than this test you did

That was a legit test...the NanoSkin Express Hyper Sealant is still repeling over water and steam the Griots. If a product cant even repel while being vertical..enough said

Post Thanks / Like

That was a legit test...the NanoSkin Express Hyper Sealant is still repeling over water and steam the Griots. If a product cant even repel while being vertical..enough said
    except for the fact that you put it on a mirror instead of on a car....

That`s like putting jam on a cabbage head and when you bite into it, you say it doesn`t taste good. It`s not meant to be on the cabbage head, but rather bread! You can hardly blame the jam for the cabbage not tasting good.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information