Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax vs Sealant, Which is Better for UV Protection

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    I`m pretty sure that NanoSkin anything won`t stick to opticoat.... And just wondering is Nanoskin paying you to get on here and force your opinions on everyone? Just saying you seem pretty determined to prove to everyone only what you do is right... Everyone else is wrong and well your mind is set. Maybe I`m the only one noticing this??? But I get the feeling I`m not. Personally since I`ve been on this forum because I listened and soaked up everything all these amazing detailers, some of the best in the world do.. I`m so much better at this than I was when I joined and I`ve been detailing cars for close to 15 years. I only got better though because I wasn`t closed minded to anything except what I had been doing for the last 14 years and wanted to learn. Oh and for the record I`ve never seen one detailer ever that put wax down then a sealant on top of it.
    Trust me you are not the only one....
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

I cant find the POPCORN!!!!!!!!!!!
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

fill half way + butter
    fill to the top + more butter.
    wait for the lights to go out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL.....Thanks Joe...

OP again sorry to thread jack, but sealant first and wax 2nd. Since you are in New Mexico try this kit BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice over Fire Kit

BFMS works great in the heat.

Its a little pricey but trust me you will better off in the long run.
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

I GOTS THE POPCORN!! Who was asking for some?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Trust me you are not the only one....
    Lol...that`s funny..I`m not paid by anyone..I`m just not impressed by Opti coat or Opti Seal..in the reflection or repelling of water. Btw how can anyone prove that opti coat is a permanent option? I`m sure its a good product but I see it pushed down peoples throat by opti coat reps by unknowing car owners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    Lol...that`s funny..I`m not paid by anyone..I`m just not impressed by Opti coat or Opti Seal..in the reflection or repelling of water. Btw how can anyone prove that opti coat is a permanent option? I`m sure its a good product but I see it pushed down peoples throat by opti coat reps by unknowing car owners.
    show me one post where it`s being pushed down anyone`s throat by an Optimum Rep.

Not to mention I have not seen a post from you about anything positive other than a Nanoskin product. How can you talk about pushing a product down people`s throats when it seems that is all you are doing.

To be clear, I have no problem with you or nanoskin. I`m sure you are a great detailer and I`m sure nanoskin makes great products (I love my speedy prep towel). But I feel you are being hypocritical. I am not trying to be offensive in any manner, just stating my observations.

To make matters worse, to my knowledge you have not even tried Opticoat. In one of your posts, you talked about "hearing" bad things about OC, but not your experiences using it in person. It seems logical to assume, then, that you have not even tried OC.

Here is what I am talking about:

Will do...I have heard of Optic Coat even cracking after a few weeks...no problems with what I use on my customers cars with the NanoSkin Shield. The NanoSkin Shield looks to offer better protection vs the elements so far in the PNW raining season so far.
    Its ok..I will say it...I think OC/OS is a complete waste of money for what its marketed for...ok its a 2 Clear Coat...big deal...I heard a lot of problems after OC/OS was applied and it costs way too money. Ive seen on other "Car Forums" wondering if they got scammed with paying over $500 or even $1000 for the OC protection. For my age anything that is marketed for having a "Lifetime Warranty" makes me very skeptical and this product is shoved down peoples throats on different car forums since they have "OC" reps dealing their dope on members. Does it give extra protection? Im sure it does...Is it worth the extra $500.. $1000 or so for what people are paying for it? I don`t think so.
    I`m not going to elaborate on that it is Opti Coat and not OptiC coat. And that it is OptiGuard not OptiShield (OS as you mention).

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of car forums where there are opti reps peddle the sealant like a drug. Prove to me that ooti coat or the name opti pro is a permenant sealant..no one can prove that. I see a lot people not getting their car opti coated without proper prepping and it looks nothing special.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you Opticoat cars then top them with Nanoskin sealant... So don`t you know about Opticoat? I do know this that if you do not prep the car right before opti coat application it will probably fail. That is not Opti coats though that is user error. It`s almost like if your girl friend skipped every other day on birth control then ended up pregos and blamed the pill. So if your using Opticoat and having bad luck with I`ll bet its in the prep work. The first time I opticoated a car I messed up and had to redo it. There are lots of threads here that explain in depth what should be done to get it right. But then again I don`t know if your using it or not because you keep contradicting yourself

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of car forums where there are opti reps peddle the sealant like a drug. Prove to me that ooti coat or the name opti pro is a permenant sealant..no one can prove that. I see a lot people not getting their car opti coated without proper prepping and it looks nothing special.
    I have asked for a post, not your hearsay. There tends to be a difference in what people see/read and what they THINK they saw/read.

IMO, you should continue using nanoskin and be happy with it as you are getting the results that you want.

But don`t downgrade a product you have never even tried.

Post Thanks / Like

OK Guys, Thank`s for the recommendations of wax over sealant as well as Todd`s explanation of differences of UV protection of sealant vs durability of protection. In general though, does a carnauba wax inherently block UV better or worse than an engineered synthetic sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    LOL.....Thanks Joe...

OP again sorry to thread jack, but sealant first and wax 2nd. Since you are in New Mexico try this kit BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice over Fire Kit

BFMS works great in the heat.

Its a little pricey but trust me you will better off in the long run.
    Thanks, I`ll look into this and wait till a sale or a better $$ time. So far my 1st purchase of a product was Blackfire rinse less wash and I`ve done both vehicles 2X with it and the results are amazing, smooth feeling and great shine with no scratches, therefore would like to try other BF stuff you recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

edjoe, I found out a person just needs to bite the bullet if it is something that is needed or you want. I myself decided to bite the bullet and have just ordered up some Blackfire Wet Diamond and also some Blackfire Crystal Seal. According to Todd and others here you you can`t go wrong with Wet Diamond as a stand alone product and I myself decided to top it with the Crystal Seal for added protection. I also understand that the Crystal Seal works great as a stand alone product also and it is cheaper then Wet Diamond.

PS, no I am not getting paid by BF and not getting kickbacks for pedaling BF products (although I wish I was), and yes so far to me it is hearsay that BF are outstanding as I have yet to use them. I will probably do so as soon as the package arrives. Please do not ridicule me as I know there are a lot of other good products out there, it is that I just can`t afford to buy and try them all and have to go by the word of what I read here on this informative and sometimes entertaining forum.

Dean.

Dean.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edjoe View Post
    OK Guys, Thank`s for the recommendations of wax over sealant as well as Todd`s explanation of differences of UV protection of sealant vs durability of protection. In general though, does a carnauba wax inherently block UV better or worse than an engineered synthetic sealant?
    Wax is better about blocking UV`s I believe but also has to applied more often. If your willing to wax your car once a month you should be fine. Just first time you do I would make sure you clay it really well.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information