Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claying for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    Have you used the Nanoskin Autoscruber? Well I have done about 30 clients cars and have not seen any marring at all. Its not rocket science at all. Keep it lubbed up and be done with it. Its far superior then a claybar in everyway. My 4yr boy can use the Nanoskin Autoscruber.
    Honestly no I havent tried the Nanoskin Autoscruber.But I use the magna sponge clayblock and do love it BTW but still rely on clay for softer paints because it marrs the heck out of them.

I have only read from a couple people that the scrubber marrs and I thought they were made of the same material as the block so please correct me if Im wrong.

Have you used it on hondas, toyotas and porches?They all seem to have pretty soft paint from my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

When you dropped your clay did you get "All" of the particles out of the claybar? I wouldnt want to risk putting back on the paint again.
    Read his post again. He said to pick out bigger particles in the clay after the section is clayed. He also said if I drop the clay to throw it away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    yep, i really like blackfire products and the bf tps will be very good. the opti-seal would probably be ok, but the bfcs has similar polymers,etc and would bond better. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray and BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax is also a good way to maintain bf tps after washes, etc.
    and remember, you can never have too much detailing stuff
    The only BF product I`ve ever tried is the MF wash and love it. There are a couple of BF products in my cart right now, just have to submit the order. I agree on one can never have too much detailing stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I dropped my clay while working on my moms horribly dirty car. Ya i know, rookie. I found that the reason I really dropped it is I didnt use enough clay lube on that spot. The clay bar stuck and my hand kept gliding along the car. Lesson learned, use plenty of loop to keep the clay bar from sticking to the paint. I used that Meguiar`s kit, personally I found the clay too soft for a heavily contaminated surface, but worked perfect on my not so contaminated car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    I dropped my clay while working on my moms horribly dirty car. Ya i know, rookie. I found that the reason I really dropped it is I didnt use enough clay lube on that spot. The clay bar stuck and my hand kept gliding along the car. Lesson learned, use plenty of loop to keep the clay bar from sticking to the paint. I used that Meguiar`s kit, personally I found the clay too soft for a heavily contaminated surface, but worked perfect on my not so contaminated car.
    Everyone drops claybars!

I like to gather a bit extra from a corner and wrap it between my thumb and index finger to help hold on to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Honestly no I havent tried the Nanoskin Autoscruber.But I use the magna sponge clayblock and do love it BTW but still rely on clay for softer paints because it marrs the heck out of them.

I have only read from a couple people that the scrubber marrs and I thought they were made of the same material as the block so please correct me if Im wrong.

Have you used it on hondas, toyotas and porches?They all seem to have pretty soft paint from my experience.
    Yes I have...and for some odd reason they came to me in a black color...its funny because that is all seems that I have been getting well expect for the Mazda 3 HB for a emergency detail that I just finished...decontaminated that car in 15 minutes...smooth as a babies butt. Also I dont know anything about that block you use some I cant comment on it.

Btw you spelt Porsche wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have...and for some odd reason they came to me in a black color...its funny because that is all seems that I have been getting well expect for the Mazda 3 HB for a emergency detail that I just finished...decontaminated that car in 15 minutes...smooth as a babies butt. Also I dont know anything about that block you use some I cant comment on it.

Btw you spelt Porsche wrong.
    Thankyou for correcting my bad spelling!Should I point out yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for correcting my bad spelling!Should I point out yours?
    thats ok....Porsche is the only word in the english language that cant be spelled or said incorrectly....lol

Post Thanks / Like

I CONSTANTLY hear people say Porsche wrong. I stopped correcting them a decade ago.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    I CONSTANTLY hear people say Porsche wrong. I stopped correcting them a decade ago.
    So a guy hires a blonde (sorry) to paint his porch. Just as she arrives, he gets called into the office for an emergency. As he is leaving he hands her a piece of paper and says. "This is my office address, if I am not home when you get done, come by and I will pay you." He goes into work and a few hours later she shows up. "All done!" She exclaims. There was plenty of paint so I gave it an extra coat." He thanks her and gives her a check. As she is leaving she turns and says. "By the way it`s not a Porch, It`s an Audi."

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW. I`ve never had a BMW owner insist that I say Bay um Vay.

Post Thanks / Like

When you dropped your clay did you get "All" of the particles out of the claybar? I wouldnt want to risk putting back on the paint again.
    Never dropped it myself. Although when I clayed part of the lower part of the car it had picked up a couple small bits of black crud assuming it was tiny tar bits I just picked them off along with a tad bit of clay around it. I checked it every time I would make a pass over a new section and before kneading it. Even Griot`s says just to pick those bits off.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

thats ok....Porsche is the only word in the english language that cant be spelled or said incorrectly....lol
    Oh come on be a good sport! You pointed out my error but you dont want yours corrected?!OK I wont but its killing me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    I`m not 100% sure. I like the pinnacle poly clay then BF TPnS followed up with opti-seal. Would this be ok?
    Im sorry I havent used any of those products to advise you.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh come on be a good sport! You pointed out my error but you dont want yours corrected?!OK I wont but its killing me!
    Ok...Im a good sport...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information