Post Thanks / Like

Clay aggressiveness

I have been using Blackfire Clay for the past few months and I really like I a lot. It`s not overly aggressive but it is. More aggressive than some of the clay I was using before.

Sometimes I need something a little more aggressive so I was thinking about getting Meguiars professional clay (blue) but I was wondering if it was very aggressive. Has anyone used it and what are your thoughts? I know there is Clay Magic red and Meguiars red but I have heard some say those are extremely aggressive and cause marring.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clay aggressiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I have been using Blackfire Clay for the past few months and I really like I a lot. It`s not overly aggressive but it is. More aggressive than some of the clay I was using before.

Sometimes I need something a little more aggressive so I was thinking about getting Meguiars professional clay (blue) but I was wondering if it was very aggressive. Has anyone used it and what are your thoughts? I know there is Clay Magic red and Meguiars red but I have heard some say those are extremely aggressive and cause marring.
    The old Sonus Purple was a little more aggressive than BLACKFIRE Polyclay II. Meguiar`s Professional Blue is a little less aggressive.

Meguiar`s Red or Clay Magic are definately more aggressive, but they will scratch paint. BLACKFIRE is about as aggressive as you can go with out inducing marring on the surface, IME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Todd. I guess I`ll get some red clay and use it sparingly in the spots that really need it.

I was using another clay before BF and it worked fine but I had to go over te panel several times to remove everything. So far with the BF clay I can usually get it clean in one attempt.

It`s a little similar to a clay I oringally used and loved but it went away and I had trouble finding something to replace it with other than blue clay magic.

Thread Information