Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about foam canons

I don`t understand you spray soap all over your car let it set then rinse it off?Seems like its more for show then effectiveness. Or am I missing the point of the whole thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    no its not for show lol...u spray the soap on the car n let it sit so that it can loosen up dirt n grim stuck to the paint..then rinse it off after 5-10 min..this will help keep swirls off ur car

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have a question about foam canons

Def not a gimmick or joke. Foam canon loosens the dirt on your car and washes off after you rinse it off. It`s very effective on preventing swirls on your paint.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it basicly encapsulelates and loosens dirt and fall out on the car, that way when you rinse theres less chance of it rubbing the paint and causing micro marring.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys that helps ,well one or two more things to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree with what the other have stated. But will add a little more to it.

Yes it does look really cool and it helps to losses the dirt and rinse the heavy stuff away. On the other hand, I don`t think that most snow foams do any more cleaning that what I can do and rinse of with a good pleasure washer. I usually do a lite shower pre-soak and then come back with the PW to loosen nd remove the heavey stuff.

Another thing to consider is that for a soap to work well at cleaning with little to no agitation like when useing a foam cannon it needs be fairly hash and hard working. This means that it will more than likely be hard on your choice of wax or sealant.

Now I will add that I do have and use a foam GUN. This is the one that connects to a regular hose. I do use it at times as a pre soak. But like stated before. IMO its more for looks than anything. I like the foam gun better though because the foam is wetter because of the water mixture. Thus IMO making it better as a pre soak to loosen up the dirt.

But my favorite part of the foam gun is being able to lay down a layer of foaming liquid before I wash each panel. This truly helps to reduce the marring possibilities.

I would still like to try a foam cannon. But can`t get past the more dry shaving cream type foam that it think. Is more of a waste than anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a foam cannon for my pressure washer and here is my take on the subject. I use it as a pre soak laying down a thick layer of soapy foam that clings to the vehicle helping to dislodge and lift the dirt and grime making it less likely to induce swirls marks when followed by a two bucket wash. The down side is that your using more soap more water and adds more time to your wash. Now for me where these foam cannons really come in handy is when im doing a detail and need to remove any wax/sealants to see the "true" condition of the paint and after i get done using compounds and polishes that are know to leave behind oils. Soaking a vehicle with a product like Chemicals Guys Citrus Wash in the foam cannon and letting it dwell for a minute or two will help remove these things.
    Zach

That`s just how i roll...

Post Thanks / Like

for routine washing, I think I kinda agree that the foam cannon is overkill. unless your car is filthy. then a foam / rinse would help

that being said, I do use and like the foam cannon. But I use it really only when I have plans of stripping old wax, prepping for clay / polishing etc. As mentioned above I feel the long dwell time is tough on lsp, and this is exactly what I`m looking for in those instances.
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think the question is whether or not the foam cannon works; the question will always be how much of a benefit does it offer?

Dirt is abrasive, so anytime we can capture and reduce the abrasiveness of dirt we are winning the battle against paint dulling and swirl marks. It is not necessary for sure (you can achieve a swirl free finish with out a foam gun/cannon) but it certainly helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I am very agree with Billp, Most do it for for show then effectiveness.

Thread Information