Post Thanks / Like

IronX liquid and IX Paste

Will the purple runnoff that leaks off the wheels and paint stain a paver driveway. i plan in decon detailing a new car this weekend.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IronX liquid and IX Paste

No permanent stains so far on the concrete while using the liquid. It stinks but is easy to rinse away. I`ve about used up two bottles and getting ready to order again.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it will. It can continue to react with the iron in the pavement. On the flip side I haven`t had any problems getting rid of it with the pressure washer on concrete but wouldn`t take a chance on colored stones.

Post Thanks / Like

To ensure Iron X doesn`t stain the driveway, simply rinse the pavement down with water before spraying Iron X onto your vehicle. That way, when you rinse it off the paint and it runs down onto the pavement, it is less likely that it will stain. You should immediately rinse the pavement with a strong stream of water for several minutes to ensure nothing is left behind.

Even after having this much Iron X bleeding on dry pavement, I was still able to rinse it off without any staining.

Work smart, not hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I went outside to check the pavers between my drive and pool. Now when using a decon product this area is already wet from pre-spraying the car , I haven`t got any dis-coloring on the pavers yet. I do rinse the purple away while rinsing the car. I will go spray a red paver this afternoon and report back what happens without a rinse. I would hate to mislead you and cause any damage.
    Paul Sparks

Indianapolis IN 46234

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutopiaTech View Post
    To ensure Iron X doesn`t stain the driveway, simply rinse the pavement down with water before spraying Iron X onto your vehicle. That way, when you rinse it off the paint and it runs down onto the pavement, it is less likely that it will stain. You should immediately rinse the pavement with a strong stream of water for several minutes to ensure nothing is left behind.

Even after having this much Iron X bleeding on dry pavement, I was still able to rinse it off without any staining.

Work smart, not hard.
    holy cow stig , what in the world did you decon to get that much run off ? whatever it was, it`s clean now ! haha

Post Thanks / Like

OK don`t expect 50 8x10 glossy photos or three page review but my curiosity got the best of me. I took 2 12x12 3yr old left over pavers. Sprayed both with a bunch of Iron-X. Next after waiting for them to dry I took a small steel plate 4in sq and applied Iron-X while laying on the paver.After turning purple I removed the plate and hosed the paver off with no apparent staining. Next the same process was tried with another similar paver and plate. This time the purple stain was allowed to dry. With the paver dry and stained I only hosed it off with no agitation. A slight stain was visible along one edge. So from this little trial which is far removed from being scientific I would keep the pavers damp and throughly rinse after use. As I mentioned in my previous post my pavers show no sign of staining but I would think that there are many different type of pavers and your results could vary.
    Paul Sparks

Indianapolis IN 46234

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...AN after Picture would have been very confidence inspiring. LOL

Work smart, not hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    OK don`t expect 50 8x10 glossy photos or three page review but my curiosity got the best of me. I took 2 12x12 3yr old left over pavers. Sprayed both with a bunch of Iron-X. Next after waiting for them to dry I took a small steel plate 4in sq and applied Iron-X while laying on the paver.After turning purple I removed the plate and hosed the paver off with no apparent staining. Next the same process was tried with another similar paver and plate. This time the purple stain was allowed to dry. With the paver dry and stained I only hosed it off with no agitation. A slight stain was visible along one edge. So from this little trial which is far removed from being scientific I would keep the pavers damp and throughly rinse after use. As I mentioned in my previous post my pavers show no sign of staining but I would think that there are many different type of pavers and your results could vary.
    Thanks for taking the time to do this experiment!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like someone got hurt.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Thanks...AN after Picture would have been very confidence inspiring. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    holy cow stig , what in the world did you decon to get that much run off ? whatever it was, it`s clean now ! haha
    A WHITE Honda Civic that sits outside 24/7/365 and only gets washed once every two years.

Post Thanks / Like

wow that looks like $30 bucks worth of IronX. I tried it on my car today and no purple... I guess that`s a good sign.

Post Thanks / Like

A WHITE Honda Civic that sits outside 24/7/365 and only gets washed once every two years.

I thought the run off was from your helmet!?

Thread Information