Post Thanks / Like

did a search and couldnt find anything, anyone use this yet?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Autoscrub-6-Pad/dp/B005RCD9L8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335450007&sr=8-1-fkmr0]Amazon.com: Autoscrub 6" Pad: Automotive[/ame]

Description
    NANOSKIN Autoscrub 6 inch Pad - Better and Faster than Claying

Wow is all I can say about this new tool and new technology. I believe this will change the way most pro detailers and DIYers will prep their cars. This is truly a time saver and will pay for itself after a couple detail jobs. We have spent in some cases 1-2 hours claying and prepping a midsize sedan (in rough shape) we recently tested the AutoScrub on an Audi S8 and we were finished in about 15 minutes! You really won`t believe this until you try it yourself. The AutoScrub will make you leave your clay bar behind.

NANOSKIN AutoScrub works fast and achieves professional results with the new advanced rubber polymer technology, which replaces the use of clay bars.

A dual action orbital polisher is required. AutoScrub will safely and easily removes paint over spray, water spots, tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic.

AutoScrub works great with your favorite detail spray or clay lubricant. Unlike the clay bar, the AutoScrub can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water. If you drop the AutoScrub on the ground, no worries, just rinse the sponge pad clean and you`re ready to keep using it.

AutoScrub allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant reshaping is required.

Features
    - Lasts up to 4 times longer than clay bars
    - Glides on & off easily for a slick finish
    - If inadvertently dropped on shop floor, simply rinse clean
    - Up to 50-60 uses before you need to replace it

Directions
    1. Thoroughly wash vehicle free of dust, sand, and dirt.
    2. Mist sufficient detail spray or clay lubricant onto the surface evenly. (on this I would suggest the more the better)
    3. Polish the surface with dual action orbital polisher using light pressure (Low Speed - we have found speed 1-2 on the Porter Cable to work well and speed 1 on a Griots Orbital Polisher works well.)
    4. Wipe off residue and move on to compound and polishing or even go straight to your last step.

Important tips:
    - Sufficient lubrication is crucial to the AUTOSCRUB application.
    - DO NOT use water
    - DO NOT use with rotary polisher.
    It seems like it would be a faster option to a clay bar. Im curious on how it actually works so I ordered on this morning because im impulsive So i`ll report after it gets here on how well it works. I haven`t done the roof of my explorer since oh probably 2-3yrs ago

But just curious if anyone else has used one and what was your experience?

Michael
    Michael Glissman

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: did a search and couldnt find anything, anyone use this yet?

I have seen more about this product lately on the net and was waiting on more foks to do write ups.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Says that its faster than clay. I don`t know what hurry some detailers are in but for me clay is a very quick process for the most part. It also says it removes over-spray? Most every car I`ve worked on that had OS no clay bar was effective. I always have suspect with things like this, but then it could be a good thing for some processes. MKG keep us posted on your findings.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest fear is getting some type of contamination between the pad and the finish. I would be worried about pigtails...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Says that its faster than clay. I don`t know what hurry some detailers are in but for me clay is a very quick process for the most part. It also says it removes over-spray? Most every car I`ve worked on that had OS no clay bar was effective. I always have suspect with things like this, but then it could be a good thing for some processes. MKG keep us posted on your findings.
    Typically for me a 4dr car takes about 60min to clay everything and a full size pick up takes me closer to 90 min depending on the condition of course! Around these parts i get a lot of basic wash, clay wax before and after winters and my labor rate is $75 an hour and if I could cut one of those typical jobs in half it would make a lot of people very happy plus then I could do more jobs per day etc.. Thats about the only reason Im trying this product. But I agree on the OS issues. From first being a auto body and paint guy, i know bad OS! Most of the time it takes a wool pad and cutting compound to get it off. My roof has quite a bit of over spray on it for when I painted a few parts of my truck so it will be interesting to say the least.
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg402 View Post
    Typically for me a 4dr car takes about 60min to clay everything and a full size pick up takes me closer to 90 min depending on the condition of course! Around these parts i get a lot of basic wash, clay wax before and after winters and my labor rate is $75 an hour and if I could cut one of those typical jobs in half it would make a lot of people very happy plus then I could do more jobs per day etc.. Thats about the only reason Im trying this product. But I agree on the OS issues. From first being a auto body and paint guy, i know bad OS! Most of the time it takes a wool pad and cutting compound to get it off. My roof has quite a bit of over spray on it for when I painted a few parts of my truck so it will be interesting to say the least.
    What about going with a decam wash? then spotting the known areas with clay?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

The nanoskin worries me because you use it on a DA. How large are the contaminates and how "thick" is the lubricant? Being on DA I would worry that a you would pull of contamination and drag it all across the panel as you go. Obviously there are some out their using it with great success but as for now I will stay with what I know works.

Post Thanks / Like

i will take a "forever pass" on this & keep my fingers n toes crossed that the clay bar never ever dies. no thanks, & not interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I was contacted by a local distributor that I do not deal with (to remain nameless) who claimed to have something do with the development of this exact product

aside from the fact that I do not trust such a product (personal opinion - but i`ll stick with regular clay)

there were several mis-spellings in the marketing email I received. including mis-spelling the name of the product more than once ("Autoscub`")

I told them to at least spell the product correctly if they expected to convince me it was worthwhile. didn`t really hear back.

on a related note i`ve been using the blackfire clay extender recently and in response i`m going through clay much less frequently (which I believe is sort of the advantage of this product?). So I`ll stick with that instead of looking for something like this autoscrub deal

Edit: Hey Big A, the guys who contacted me were on LI. Wouldn`t surprise me if they reached out to you directly also. I think they did business in queens as well.
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple links on this forum with discussions regarding this product.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...scrub-pad.html

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...rep-towel.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    I was contacted by a local distributor that I do not deal with (to remain nameless) who claimed to have something do with the development of this exact product

aside from the fact that I do not trust such a product (personal opinion - but i`ll stick with regular clay)

there were several mis-spellings in the marketing email I received. including mis-spelling the name of the product more than once ("Autoscub`")

I told them to at least spell the product correctly if they expected to convince me it was worthwhile. didn`t really hear back.

on a related note i`ve been using the blackfire clay extender recently and in response i`m going through clay much less frequently (which I believe is sort of the advantage of this product?). So I`ll stick with that instead of looking for something like this autoscrub deal

Edit: Hey Big A, the guys who contacted me were on LI. Wouldn`t surprise me if they reached out to you directly also. I think they did business in queens as well.
    Great choice on the BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender, it really makes claying much more effective. It is truly one of those products that pays for itself very quickly, and then the cost savings continue to pile up.

Thread Information