Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Bug Squash Vs. Optimum Power Clean

I live in the Northeast so the only real "Bug Season" would be during the summer months. I already own Optimum Power Clean.

Will Poorboy`s Bug Squash provide any advantages above and beyond OPC`s capabilities for bug removal?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s Bug Squash Vs. Optimum Power Clean

Poorboy`s Bug Squash is a great product. I have found it to be slightly more aggressive on bug remains than Optimum Power Clean (which was diluted 3:1).

Here is a comparison on bug removers I did: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ison-test.html

Post Thanks / Like

Based on Todd`s review I think both are great options. In my opinion Optimum Power Clean would do fine and you can adjust the dilution ratio to the desired cleaning power. Also you would then only need one product instead of multiple.

Also based on Todd`s review I would say that with either product you would more then likely want to re-apply an LSP after use to make sure you are protected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Poorboy`s Bug Squash is a great product. I have found it to be slightly more aggressive on bug remains than Optimum Power Clean (which was diluted 3:1).

Here is a comparison on bug removers I did: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ison-test.html

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Based on Todd`s review I think both are great options. In my opinion Optimum Power Clean would do fine and you can adjust the dilution ratio to the desired cleaning power. Also you would then only need one product instead of multiple.

Also based on Todd`s review I would say that with either product you would more then likely want to re-apply an LSP after use to make sure you are protected.
    Thanks Todd & Troy!

The thing I`m trying to avoid is having multiple products that do the same thing. The additional cost comes into play as well.

If I don`t have a special "Bug Sponge", can you recommend the best media to wash/scrub the treated area?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    Thanks Todd & Troy!

The thing I`m trying to avoid is having multiple products that do the same thing. The additional cost comes into play as well.

If I don`t have a special "Bug Sponge", can you recommend the best media to wash/scrub the treated area?

I have used successfully used a MF sponge applicator or a MF towel. After using them for these kinds of cleaning chores I usually keep them for that purpose only even after washing. As always the sooner you get to cleaning the bugs a grime off the easier and better it will be. Also it should allow you to use a better dilution ratio to maintain a better cost per use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have used successfully used a MF sponge applicator or a MF towel. After using them for these kinds of cleaning chores I usually keep them for that purpose only even after washing. As always the sooner you get to cleaning the bugs a grime off the easier and better it will be. Also it should allow you to use a better dilution ratio to maintain a better cost per use.
    Perfect ... thanks again for the quick response!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Both products work very well for me, the Power Clean works great on other area`s too, like the interior area.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to note. PB Bug Squash @ 3:1 is LSP friendly according to PB.....OPC will remove your LSP unless you have OC or OG applied.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    One thing to note. PB Bug Squash @ 3:1 is LSP friendly according to PB.....OPC will remove your LSP unless you have OC or OG applied.
    amen - just got back from a 250 mile run thru central florida and came home with a lot of bugs on the front - not terrible, but certainly they were there. Sprayed with PB mixed 3:1 and waited 5 min, rinsed with ONR in a clay bar solution (was handy and mixed), it cleaned the front end perfectly and left the BFWD alone....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Bug squash at 3:1 wont strip durable LSPs, I can confirm, it may degrade them a little, but nothing that a spray wax cant take care of.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree... 3:1 is definitely a good dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info guys, thanks for chiming in!

Post Thanks / Like

I just mixed up my last batch of PB Bug Squash and now need to decide if I want to switch. PB`s advertises it as a general pre-wash cleaner. It definitely has an APC type smell and feel.

I also have some P21s Total Auto Wash to try to as well. This is supposedly a citrus based cleaner. Has anyone used this on bugs?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I just mixed up my last batch of PB Bug Squash and now need to decide if I want to switch. PB`s advertises it as a general pre-wash cleaner. It definitely has an APC type smell and feel.

I also have some P21s Total Auto Wash to try to as well. This is supposedly a citrus based cleaner. Has anyone used this on bugs?

I used to use P21s Total Auto Wash at lot several years ago. I found it to a very nice job on bugs, although the stubborn ones required some agitation with a microfiber towel (and my finger). P21st TAW is another extremely good product that have lost of favor in the last 2 years, but still performs extremely well.

Thread Information