Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: few questions on waterless and rinseless

Quote Originally Posted by fourcammer View Post
    after reading what you guys post i think i am gonna try rinseless.

Then slap on a layer of the BF Poly Seal........ WHIPLASH !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Waterless Washes

While they do seem to work I`m still sort of old school when it comes to these and prefer lots of water and lubricant with cleaning my vehicles.

Rinseless Washes

A couple of years ago I started using some of the new Rinseless Washes. There are several out there that work well but these two really perform well; Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss and Optimum No Rinse. I mix these as well in hot water and use rubber gloves. I put some of the solution in a garden sprayer and soak down each panel allowing the solution to soften and begin dissolving the surface contaminates.

Next I dip a wool wash mitt in the solution then lightly wash each panel twice, once to remove the initial grime then a second time to remove any remaining and float them harmlessly to the floor. At first I was very apprehensive using these products because I was afraid of scratching the finish but it does a damn good job at protecting it.

Rinseless washes work great but I can`t wait until the finish becomes caked with winter driving salts and sands like some do. If this does become the case then it`s off to the car wash to blast away the heavy stuff with plain waster only.

Additionally,

Once the car`s dry I like giving the finish some additional protection by give the entire finish a once over with a quality spray wax and Optimums Spray Car Wax is the best I`ve found to date. BlackFire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray is another great choice and both are easy to use.. Both are a spray and wipe products that perform superbly leaving a glossy shine and 4 to 5 months of added protection...

Here`s the above step by step.

• Liberally wet down the panel and let it set
    • Wash lightly using plenty of solution
    • Rinse mitt and wash again allowing remaining contaminates to flow off the panel
    • Dry with a Microfiber Guzzler towel while warm
    • Every second wash I go over each panel with Optimum Spray Wax or BlackFire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty clear some use the words rinseless and waterless like a strait jacket that prevents just doing the right things. In a traditional soap wash there are extremes (power washing, pre-foam to just a single bucket). Despite the words rinseless and waterless, doing a hose pre-rinse is not a crime against nature.

If it in doubt, hose is down (end up using maybe 3 to 4 gallons of water more max) if you can as you would do with any wash process. I think the key is just how much you are picking up in your wash media. If after one wipe, the mf is extremely dirty, it may warrant a different process.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information