Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about Optium No Rinse...

I`m thinking about using this on my cars this summer, and was wondering how I can use this without rinsing? If I get a dirty car and I do my wash procedure then wouldn`t I have to rinse it down to take all the dirt off? And for those of you who actually use this product how is it?
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about Optium No Rinse...

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    I`m thinking about using this on my cars this summer, and was wondering how I can use this without rinsing? If I get a dirty car and I do my wash procedure then wouldn`t I have to rinse it down to take all the dirt off? And for those of you who actually use this product how is it?

In addition, can those in the know also comment as to the most effective wash media to use with ONR?

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on the conditions of the car.meaning is it lightly soiled and heavy, meaning caked on mud and real dirty or is it lightly soiled from dust and etc....ONR is a incredible product, but in my opinion, its not designed to be a wash for heavy duty jobs (again, caked on mud around wheels wells and splash guards.....back to your question, use the 2 bucket wash syatem and dip and rinse after one side of vehicle is complete use a good quality drying towel (Cobra Gold Plush) and wipe dry.....repeat
    I have been using it for about 2 years now (mainly winter months) and I love it !!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Wendell. ONR is a fantastic product, but it has its limits. You`ll know the first couple times you use it what its capable of. Common sense goes a long way..if its muddy or really dirty, go for a traditional wash. If its not bad, use ONR. As for the media, you can use a mitt or mf towel..your choice. I`ve found towels to be just as good as a heavy mitt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    It all depends on the conditions of the car.meaning is it lightly soiled and heavy, meaning caked on mud and real dirty or is it lightly soiled from dust and etc....ONR is a incredible product, but in my opinion, its not designed to be a wash for heavy duty jobs (again, caked on mud around wheels wells and splash guards.....back to your question, use the 2 bucket wash syatem and dip and rinse after one side of vehicle is complete use a good quality drying towel (Cobra Gold Plush) and wipe dry.....repeat
    I have been using it for about 2 years now (mainly winter months) and I love it !!
    I agree. If the car has caked on mud, pre-rinsing with a pressure washer is called for to rid that first. I have described my technique for rinseless washing in other threads and found it safe and effective even on pretty dirty/neglected cars. Pre-soaking with the rinseless (or even a waterless) and using very light pressure in a snake pattern (no scrubbing) can remove a great deal of grime safely. The dirtier the car or softer the paint, the smaller the working area before rinsing. I would strongly recommend a 2BM with Grit Guards also. Inspect the wash media frequently and replace when too dirty.

I prefer the Bone for rinseless. The inner sponge holds a lot of solution and help distribute the pressure of your hand.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread reminded me that I`m out of ONR lol. Thanks for the reminder A2B

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with all said previously except i`ve found the cheapest and best media to be grout sponges found in home depot or lowes.

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washes are what I`m limited to on my own car, and also occasionally on a client`s car. Just be smart about it`s usage and you`ll be fine. Light to moderate soiling and you`re fine.

Here is how I use it: Fill up a bug sprayer with solution and soak the vehicle. Let that dwell while I prepare my buckets. Next I will wash the car using a 2 bucket method with grit guards, using a super plush microfiber towel as my washing media. Standard washing procedure; top to bottom, cleanest to dirtiest areas, rinsing the towel as necessary given the level of filth on the car. Once clean, I will dry with a couple of waffle weave towels, using the same pattern to dry as I did to wash.

I should also mention that I do all my washing indoors, so I don`t have to worry about the solution drying on the surface.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies... Ok, so I want to presoak with rinseless, and then use another wash bucket, with or without soap? Or maybe I should put more rinseless in it? Or maybe I shouldn`t use anything but water???
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

I use a rinseless solution in the sprayer, and then a 2 bucket wash using a rinseless solution instead of a wash soap.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

ONR makes for a great Detailing Spray too, just mix in a 32oz spray bottle and you are go to go......I love the stuff and buy it by the Gallon. Use for claying also.......list goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this will help.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmXZG85dByk&feature=related]Part 2 - How to use a Rinseless Car Wash to wash your car - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

As Mjlinane said, for nasty ones and quick bath with a pressure washer removes 90% of the junk first.

I have one of those $0.25 a minute places in town with pressure washer guns. If it`s too cold out to wash it at home I`ll stop in there first and blast of most off the crud with just water and no touching the paint. Then drive home and do a proper ONR wash.
    Big dreams, No cash, but a whole lot of creativity mixed with a little bit of stupidity!

Post Thanks / Like

On heavily soiled cars, using a pre soak, or even a pressure rinse of water (to knock the debris off) is beneficial. That said, I have washed some heavily soiled cars with out using either but working small sections and constantly cleaning the wash media in a rinse bucket.

Hopefully this thread will help: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...r-vehicle.html

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All good advice, and I might add that when first starting you will feel like it takes longer...but after a couple of times you will be much faster than traditional washing. Learning a new technique is actually fun. I find that I rarely have to do a single panel at a time, but can do a section like the roof, windshield, and rear glass all at once. Then, the hood and front bumper. Followed by the fender and driver`s door...etc. Working in sections gives me the satisfaction of seeing my progress instead of rushing to rinse and prevent spotting as I do when I do a traditional wash. Even keeping your dressings with you in a caddy while you wash will reduce the number of times you have to go around the car and add to the satis faction of seeing your progress as you go. As for drying, I use a oversized absorbant towel for my first pass after washing, then follow with a soft 16 x 16 as if wiping down with a QD or Spray Wax. Your first drying pass will leave a little product behind that you can spread/buff like a QD that really adds a lot of gloss to the process.

As for wheels with rinseless washing: I do one of two things. Sometimes I wash them with the hose before starting the rinseless wash. Other times I will use Power Clean to clean then follow with No Rinse to remove the Power Clean as it needs to be rinsed to some degree. Either way is fine, but I always do the wheels, rims, and wells first in my process. Also, be sure to use a different mixture for the body after washing the wheels so that you don`t get the wheel grime and Power Clean in your body wash media.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information