Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

wheel brush comparison

For those of you who that have used the Daytona and Raccoon brushes would you say that the Daytona at 29.99 is that much better than the CG Racoon brush at 9.85 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wheel brush comparison

I don`t use those brushes, but I will be watching this thread with interest.

I`m on the lookout for quality wheel well and tire brushes along with wheel brushes for painted and clear coat wheels.

From much reading, Boars hair with flagged tips are a must for safe, effective cleaning.

Adams offers some fine brushes. But is it value or hype?

Post Thanks / Like

I have and use the Daytona. IMO is a very good brush. The one complaint I have heard from others is the splatter when using it. It doesn`t really bother me as I do wheels first.

I have not used the Raccoon. But I have heard reports that it starts falling apart very quickly. One report was a soon as during the first use. But this may be an isolated occurrence.

Another option to add is the Wheel Woolies. I have heard very good things about them and that you don`t get the splatter as you do with the Daytona. I know there are quite a few that really like them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Troy. I already have the Raccoon and have been using it for a few months with no problems. The first one I had did break right away but they replaced it with no problem. I`ve alway been curious about the Daytona but at triple the price I wanted some other opinions/ comparisons before I bought one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Thanks for the reply Troy. I already have the Raccoon and have been using it for a few months with no problems. The first one I had did break right away but they replaced it with no problem. I`ve alway been curious about the Daytona but at triple the price I wanted some other opinions/ comparisons before I bought one.
    Not that is matters but I have used my Large Daytona for over 2 years now without any issues. I like the large one so much I also bought the Small version as well. I have found the mini to come in very handy as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used the CG one you speak of, but I have been using both the large and small Daytona brushes for a couple years now and I couldn`t imagine cleaning wheels without them. Pair them with a quality wheel cleaner, and enjoy squeaky clean wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

The Raccoon looks like any regular wheel brush, you can get a very similar brush at Harbor Freight for a few bucks. Is the wire on the Raccoon coated? It doesnt look like it from the photos.
    The Dayton is a very different brush. It also has a much longer reach then the Raccoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a look at harbor freight to compare and didn`t see anything like the Raccoon. Anyway, no the wire is not coated.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive have seen them in store at HF, dont know if they have then online, Ill have to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

That may be possible. I didn`t spend a lot of time looking for them but they should have been where I was looking. A lot of this stuff is sold multiple places so it wouldn`t surprise me that they have them also. I`ve seen their ferret brush a few places also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    That may be possible. I didn`t spend a lot of time looking for them but they should have been where I was looking. A lot of this stuff is sold multiple places so it wouldn`t surprise me that they have them also. I`ve seen their ferret brush a few places also.
    Ive seen a similar brush to their ferret brush at Wally World. Its wrapped in MF I think though.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

thx..ordered a daytona
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    thx..ordered a daytona
    You`ll love it, just be careful bending it around a lot, it is know to snap at the handle when its bent around with force or excessively.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and honestly they perform the same. I have had my raccoon for about 9 months no issues with bending or cleaning. I have had the Daytona for a month. I like the look of the Daytona better, but you can buy 3 CG`s for 1 Daytona. GG makes a brush similar or the same as the Daytona for $24.99.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Friends

I have the Daytona and it seems like a pretty nifty brush for cleaning wheels, but it isn`t small enough to go between the wheels and brake calipers. I know there`s a smaller version of the Daytona, but given the tight fit on the cars I`ve detailed, I`m thinking more along the lines of a pipe cleaner.

What do y`all use for those tight spaces?
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information