Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless washing as safe as traditional bucket?

The only use I see on the exterior for me is a very light maintenance wash. Knocking off a light dust in the summer time etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Washing before it gets too dirty is the easiest way but what about after a few days of rain? I know that only happens a couple times a year in TX but never the less it does happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Washing before it gets too dirty is the easiest way but what about after a few days of rain? I know that only happens a couple times a year in TX but never the less it does happen.
    I rinseless wash every time it rains on the car. We had our rainy season last month where it rained 3 straight days and washed every one. (Yes, I need help - or so everyone tells me.)

I`ve come to the conclusion that rain/waterspots and bird bombs are the things to be avoided. Even my coatings will not make me totally immune.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    From what I have seen so far, the view is that a soap offers more lubricity but the key characteristic is that the suspended dirt (what is not picked up in the mitt) is rinsed away as opposed to being removed through the wiping process of a rinseless wash.

So it seems many would say if you used a rinseless product exactly like the traditional soap, they do not believe it is as safe.
    I would say that the solution in a rinseless wash offers more protection but the ability to flush the dirt away with water in a soap solution offers more protection against heavy grit.

Using a rinseless wash like a car soap, ie, agitate with a soft towel and rinse away, would work great and be as safe, if not safer, then a purely surfactant based car soap.

Where it gets dicey is most car soaps are going to have some level of polymers, silicones, waxes, or other lubricants in the solution and work perfectly well for their intended purposes. I am not sure if I know of anything, minus the discontinued Meguiars M00, that doesn`t have something in it to aid in the gloss enhancement and encapsulation of dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

They both have their strong arguments. Back to what I said earlier when going traditional. Read the labels and use a good quality soap and you should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    They both have their strong arguments. Back to what I said earlier when going traditional. Read the labels and use a good quality soap and you should be fine.

Combine this with good procedure (two buckets, quality towels and wash media) and I would agree. There is no right or wrong answer, just discussion for the sake of enlightenment!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was a good discussion. Lots of opinions and concerns talked about. But more important, lots of good information shared also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information