Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviewed: clean your vehicle using the NEW BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash!

CREATE WHIPLASH that has been years in the making!

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash is high lubricity waterless wash uses BLACKFIRE`s proprietary Wet Diamond polymers to encapsulate dirt and dust so they wipe away with out scratching. The Wet Diamond polymers also bond to the paint to reinforce existing protection and create a whiplash inducing shine.

I should note that a lot of testing and development went into this product. A LOT! This uses the same BLACKFIRE propretiary polymers as Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Not only does the amazingly high slip (lubricity and resulting slickness) create BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond`s famous "unique" shine but it also does an amazing job of creating a barrier on the paint`s surface to prevent the dirt from scouring.

Waterless Wash products are limited. If you use them on a heavily soiled car you will likely overide the abillity of the product to remove dirt safely. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Spray is no exception, it does have it`s limit. However, in my testing, its limit has been pushed higher and it handles moderate soiling (when used with a plush towel and proper technique) with no scratching. As a benefit you get to enjoy the same shine, slickness, and water beading characteristics as Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection!

Procedure:

Start with a light to moderately soiled vehicle. Heavy dirt, grime, or grit should be flushed away using more traditional wash methods.

Mist BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash onto the surface to be cleaned. The amount you use and the section you use it on will depend on on the amount of soiling present. The AMG was pretty soiled so I worked a smaller section ( 2` x 2`) and sprayed about 4 squeezed worth of product on the paint.

On heavily soiled paint allow to dwell 10 seconds (about long enough to set the bottle down and make sure your towel is folded properly). The Wet Diamond polymers are hyper reactive (the same reason you can wipe Wet Diamond Sealant off the paint immediately) so they immediately go to work encapsulating the grime and bonding. The same process is occurring on the paint as well.

Now lightly agitate (no pressure!) the surface with a plush microfiber towel such as the Cobra Supreme 530.

You will notice that has you wipe the Wet Diamond Waterless Wash some of the dirt will seem to disappear. This is because it is being lifted into the microfiber (and in some ways bonding to the fiber to prevent scratching). You may also notice the product `flashing off` on the surface, it can almost resemble steaming. Again this is normal and engineered to happen to allow you to use enough product to remove dirt with out running into steaking. That is the Wet Diamond polymers at work.

Now flip the towel over to a clean side and lightly buff the remaining residue to streak-free shine to create WHIPLASH!

Depending on the size of the vehicle and the amount of soiling it may take 2-4 towels. The end result will be nothing short of spectacular.

Our CEO was so impressed he had me do the rest of the AMG!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviewed: clean your vehicle using the NEW BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash!

Product FAQ`s/ Questions and Answers! with Todd Helme, director of development, BLACKFIRE

What is the difference between a waterless wash and a quick detailer spray?

Generally speaking a waterless wash is designed primarily as a tool to clean light to moderately paint. A quick detailer, on the other hand, is designed to remove only extremely light dust and soiling. The benefit that most quick detailers have is they usually have some gloss-enhancing agent in them, be it a wax or silicone, that also adds gloss and creates a `just waxed` or `quick detailed` look. With BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash we actually built the formula around the same polymers in our paint sealant. The result is extreme cleaning power with all of the gloss enhancing benefits of a quick detailer. Not only can BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash clean extremely well, but it might be the best quick detailer you have ever used as well.

So BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash boosts shine as well as cleans?

Absolutely. The polymers in Waterless Wash have two roles. One, they encapsulate the dirt and grime which provides a barrier to scratching. Two, the coat the surface of the paint to further enforce that barrier. As you remove the residue and buff to a shine you can actually see the product flash. The polymers are bonding to the surface. Anybody who has used our Wet Diamond paint sealant (All Finish Paint Protection) will immediately recognize the unique shine and slick feel.

Does the shine and gloss replace using the coat of sealant? How long does the effect last?

Calling it an effect is not entirely correct. To me, that term should be reserved for adding something short term to the paint. It just has a negative connotation. With Wet Diamond Waterless Wash you have functional polymers that are bonding to the surface, be it a wax, sealant, or bare paint. If the paint is protected with either BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection or BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba (which uses the Wet Diamond polymers) the may last longer and extend the functional length of both products. This is due to the synergistic effect. The polymers in the spray wash act to reinforce the polymers in the BLACKFIRE line. In my testing of bare, unprotected paint in the Florida climate I saw about two weeks for protection just from using the Waterless Wash alone.

Should BLACKFIRE Waterless Wash only be used on cars already using BLACKFIRE products then?

No. At Autopia-CarCare.com we sell a huge amount of the finest car care products. I am an enthusiast and enjoy playing with them all. We have yet to find a product line that the BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash doesn`t play nice with. Remember I am a detailer at heart, so I fully grasp the concept of mixing and matching everything. For maximal results it will work better as part of a system. However it is still amazing by itself or on top of anything, so much so that even though it may not be reaching its synergistic potential, I am confident that will be a leader in its class. It`s amazing when used by itself and even better when used with other BLACKFIRE products, if that makes sense.

so todd are you saying this will replace ONR as a cleaning agent with the added benefit of more paint protection. what is the diff between this and any other quick detailer-glfahlc

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash is a mist-and-wipe product so it will have limitations to how much soiling it can remove vs. a product that uses a flushing effect. The goal with Wet Diamond Waterless Wash was to push that limit and to blur those lines. Wet Diamond Waterless Wash, when used properly, can remove a considerable amount of surface soil without scratching. The paint protection left behind is a direct result of the polymers and compared to any product in its class is considerable.

Most quick detail sprays are formulated to remove light dust while improving gloss by using a waxes or silicones. Wet Diamond Waterless Wash not only cleans far more effectively than a quick detailer, but because it imparts the polymers on the paint also has enhances the shine and gloss considerably. And since Wet Diamond Waterless Wash uses the Wet Diamond polymers which are active and bond to the surface the increase in gloss is far longer lasting.

Wet Diamond Waterless Wash can be used as a quick detailer. Mist the towel first, then use sparingly. One light mist per panel will remove finger prints and light dust with ease while giving you the Wet Diamond benefit.

what is the difference between this BF waterless wash and the new BF quick detailer, from the descriptions they both seem similar. Also since this waterless wash has the BF polymers in it already would you still do a final wipedown with the BF deep gloss spray or is that just reduntant and not necessary anymore?

and the final and big question...how economical is this? can you get it in concentrate form and dilute it like Ultima WWP+. If it is around the same price point as the Ultima then I think you have a winner here.
    -DHCrocks

There is a significant difference between the detail spray and the waterless wash. The detail spray has not been released so I cannot go into too much detail. The difference is not only in how they work but the ingredients and the type of look they produce. However with any BLACKFIRE product they are completely compatible with each other.

BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss`s primary job is that of a paint sealant. It can be used a light duty quick detail spray (light finger prints and smudges) but its cleaning ability is limited because its focus is to lay down a lot of polymer on the paint. The cleaning ability of the waterless wash is far superior, just like the protection of the spray sealant is going to be better.
    And finally, yes, this will be available in a concentrated form.

Todd so your saying that BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash has bridged the gap between waterless wash and a quick wax. I have UWW and ONR concentrates and they both add a bit of protection but not much compared to a QW such as OCW or MUQW. With me having UWW, ONR, OC and a few QW`s such as OCW, DGAW, GGSW(mostly used as a drying aid) and a few others. I already have a lot of overlapping products and am trying to figure out where this may fit in. As it is now even doing a WW it is a two step process to get that added protection. From your review it looks like BFWW is a one step product
    .-rzatch

Hmmmmm good question, I had to re-read it about 12 times to figure out all of the abbreviations, but....

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash uses a high concentration of Wet Diamond Polymers to safely lubricate the paint`s surface (and the dirt). The benefit is that it adds considerable protection, both as a stand alone product and even more on top of Wet Diamond Sealant/Midnight Sun Carnauba because it bonds to and reinforces those products.

So in terms of a quick detailer Wet Diamond Waterless Wash is going to clean anything that a qd can and add more gloss and protection then a qd can dream of.

In terms of adding protection compared to a spray sealant/wax, such as the current BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Deep Gloss Spray, I would say almost but not quite. This is because Waterless Wash is formulated as a cleaning agent first and foremost, so the other chemicals in the Waterless Wash are designed to clean and lubricate. While the current Deep Gloss spray is designed to bond and add protection.

I will say, though, that we found that Waterless Wash provided almost (as in very close) to the increase in gloss and protection of Deep Gloss, I mean it was really close. So we had to options, improve the gloss, shine, and protection by updating Deep Gloss or drop it from the line. Knowing us, I will let you guess what we did!

Last edited by Todd@RUPES; 12-31-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviewed: clean your vehicle using the NEW BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash!

Wow, Very nice and a great write up too, definetly on my wish list !!

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys have any questions please post them, it would be my pleasure to address them.

Post Thanks / Like

so todd are you saying this will replace ONR as a cleaning agent with the added benefit of more paint protection. what is the diff between this and any other quick detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

what is the difference between this BF waterless wash and the new BF quick detailer, from the descriptions they both seem similar. Also since this waterless wash has the BF polymers in it already would you still do a final wipedown with the BF deep gloss spray or is that just reduntant and not necessary anymore?

and the final and big question...how economical is this? can you get it in concentrate form and dilute it like Ultima WWP+. If it is around the same price point as the Ultima then I think you have a winner here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    so todd are you saying this will replace ONR as a cleaning agent with the added benefit of more paint protection. what is the diff between this and any other quick detailer.
    Answered in post #2. Thanks for the question!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DHCrocks View Post

answered in post 2. Thank you for the question!

Post Thanks / Like

When will this be available? I don`t see it here in the store under Blackfire products. Any word on sizes or pricing yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    When will this be available? I don`t see it here in the store under Blackfire products. Any word on sizes or pricing yet?
    We will be launching the revamped and improved BLACKFIRE lineup sometime in January. The new spray bottles have been increased in size to 20 oz. Pricing has not been set yet.

Here is a thread with more info: New BLACKFIRE Annoucement

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you kind sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Thank you kind sir.

My pleasure!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great information...that`s really nice...we can clean the car and also it will provide shiny look to car...Nice write up....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xtralights View Post
    Thanks for the great information...that`s really nice...we can clean the car and also it will provide shiny look to car...Nice write up....
    Thank you and welcome to AutopiaForums!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is really helpful for me. Thank you for this valuable work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information