Post Thanks / Like

Daytona Speed Master Brush

Anyone know how the Speed Master Brush compares to other wheel brushes such as CG`s Raccoon brush which I already have. I see a lot of people over at AG use it and it`s on sale today but was wondering if it`s that much better for double the price of other brushes out there. From the pictures it does look to have more bristles than the Raccoon brush

Raccoon Wheel Brush, auto detail brush car care

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush, auto detail brush, Wheel Brush, Tire Brush, Detailing Brush, Corvette brush, Mercedes brush, sport wheel brush,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daytona Speed Master Brush

I have two DSM brushes, (small & large) I use them on wheels and motorcycles. Hands down for me they are the best I`ve used. This is my second season with them, and still going strong.

The Raccoon brush looks like a brush I use to get, worked OK but wore out quickly IMO.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I personally have not heard many good things about the Raccoon brush. Usually that it was starting to fall apart after the 1st few uses.

I have and use both the large and small Speed Master Brush. I like them both very much and both have their uses. The large brush is great for covering large areas and getting the full barrel of the wheels on most cars and trucks. The small brush is excellent for those wheels with intricate spoke patterns or large breaks that fill the wheel. The smaller size also allows for some more maneuverability. I have had both of my brushes for well over a year and they are going strong with no problems yet. I personally don’t bend mine around to get behind all of the spokes as I feel like this will lead to the wire breaking sooner over time and the large brush already does a good job of cleaning behind the spokes for me.

If it were me I would look at picking up this: Daytona Speed Master Two Brush Combo, wheel brushes, detailing brush, auto detail brush

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, sounds like they are worth the asking price then.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both sizes. I have yet to use the smaller one but I use the large one all the time. It cleans really well and I can get the whole barrel with it.

The other day I tried it out on a set of fender wells where I couldn`t fit my other brush. It did a decent job on them too

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a huge fan of the Daytona brush. I use it all the time on wheels, of course, but it works well for engine detailing too. I`ve bent mine back and forth so many times you would think it was about ready to snap at any moment, but none of the metal core has torn through the rubber coating inside and it is just as strong as ever. I love that brush.

Post Thanks / Like

The Daytona is far superior to the original EZ Detail Brush. Mine EZ Detail broke off at the handle. I have been using my Daytona for quite some time now and I love it. I use the mini for engine details.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    The Daytona is far superior to the original EZ Detail Brush. Mine EZ Detail broke off at the handle. I have been using my Daytona for quite some time now and I love it. I use the mini for engine details.
    I thought they were the same thing

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

These are great brushes you all talk about, but here`s another one to look at if you got the time: Todd`s Detailed: Audi R8 GT V10
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Dayton is worth the money, you dont be much scrubbing power out of it as its fairly soft. Which is good for well maintained wheels. If you are dealing with neglected vehicles, such as some clients cars then you may need something else.

Post Thanks / Like

What about those wheel woolies? Has anyone tried them?
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of wheel wollies and the large Daytona brush. The Daytona brush seems to do a better job on the barrels except when you pull it out it splatters everywhere. The wollies are great for wheels that have a lot of small openings. I do a lot of different style of wheels so that is the reason I have both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    I just got my wheel woolies in the other day. I haven`t tried them yet but I`ll be testing them out this weekend if the rain holds off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post

I have been using (and loving) the Wheel Woolies for a long time. The lamb`s wool "ball" on the end features good scrubbing power, particularly because the firm plastic handle really lets you scrub. The wool balls are very soft, so they will not scratch paint, and they hold a lot of soap solution. I personally use them for far more then wheels (grills, door jambs, engines, etc).

Of the bristle style brushes the Daytona Speed Master is by far the best I have used. It features a heavy gauge wire that allows it to bend and conform with out becoming weak and breaking. The bristles offer some advantages as they reach and agitate certain areas that a wool mop cannot, particularly on complex and intricate parts.

Ultimately they do a lot of the same things (in a different way) and have overlap but their is enough discernable differences that I keep both (the woolies and the Daytona brushes) with me at all times.

Thread Information