Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulk, cheap drying waffle weaves. (where to buy)

Looking to buy some more waffle weave towels for drying. My distributor quit carrying my cheap ones. Think they ran me a $3-5 for 3 of them. They were just cheap thin ones. Probably 15x10", if I have to guess a size. (too lazy to go out and measure.)

Anyone have any suggestion on where to buy some cheap ones. These will be used on wholesale dealership cars and not my regular customers` cars. Not looking to spend a fortune on luxury ones as they will be used over and over and over on not the greatest of finishes.

Thanks in advance.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulk, cheap drying waffle weaves. (where to buy)

Tex, it has been a couple of years since I last purchased from them (thus I would have to go back to check my contact) but microfibertech had decent bulk pricing and good value product as I recall.

I know you aren`t asking for other options, but the PVA type toweling combined with MF is, IMO, an excellent tag team for volume work. That combo should cut down considerably the number of MF towels you will need on hand.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

More info on your other recommendation. Feel free to email me with info/links if unable to post here. I`m rarely on here anymore to check PM`s
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the PVA? "Fake" chamois ie. Absorber and the like. Again my opinion, but there is a "better" way to use them and use them safely as opposed to the throwing them out flat and dragging them across the vehicle`s surface method. I perform a multi-fold and hold the towel vertically (perpendicular to the vehicle`s surface) making light passes (you`ll need to work to get the speed down, but once you do it will become second nature) this will leave very little water remaining on the surface. Unlike MF the PVA toweling can be squeezed to a damp dry, the state which they work best.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Re: the PVA? "Fake" chamois ie. Absorber and the like. Again my opinion, but there is a "better" way to use them and use them safely as opposed to the throwing them out flat and dragging them across the vehicle`s surface method. I perform a multi-fold and hold the towel vertically (perpendicular to the vehicle`s surface) making light passes (you`ll need to work to get the speed down, but once you do it will become second nature) this will leave very little water remaining on the surface. Unlike MF the PVA toweling can be squeezed to a damp dry, the state which they work best.
    Like a squeegee? I`m trying to picture this in my head

I use to order from microfiber tech but it`s been a long time. Last time I checked their site didn`t have much listed anymore but you may email them and see what they say

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The cheapest I`ve seen is around $3 each (list price) from Towel Pros. They might give deals on larger orders, but looking on the site just now shows that they`ve sold out of the WW towels (for now, at least).

I`m not sure what quality the WW are, but their green "basic" MF`s work well for polish removal and they last well.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Thread Information