Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle wash

Post Thanks / Like

Motorcycle wash

So I`m in the middle of no where with not many products available. Whats the best way to keep a motorcycle looking clean. I don`t have proper washing mitts etc..just basic sponge, water bucket, dish washing soap. I could buy car wash soap but I think it would be too expensive where I`m at and plus I`d never finish it. Also, is there anything I have to be careful about when washing it so it doesn`t get ruined/damaged?

Thanks in advance. I know there is a motorcycle subforum but no one seems to post there LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Dish soap removes wax so unless that`s your goal, I don`t suggest it. You can buy a gallon of Blue Corral or Zip Wax for $5 and have enough soap to wash 100 bikes. Get a good mitt (I prefer the microfibers that resemble dreadlocks) and some microfiber towels too. If you wanna go an easier route, get some Poorboy Spray and Wipe. What kind of bike do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motorcycle wash

Even in the middle of BFE there`s got to be somewhere that carries some sort of car wash in small sizes. If you`re on the road you do the best you can with whatever you`ve got. When traveling I frequently hit the you-do-it-yourself wand car washes.

Don`t blast wheel bearings or electricals with water, the rest is pretty much the same as washing a car.

TL

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez, I thought W@lm@rts and T@rgets (and etc.) were everywhere. As noted above there should be a source for Zip Wash, Blue Coral, even Meg`s Gold Class just about everywhere and available for less than 10 bucks. These would be far better options than your dish soap option. Also consider adding an additional bucket to your aresenal, one for wash soap and one for rinse.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

09 Yamaha Ybr 125

I`m on an Island. The car wash supplies are usually in big containers and like $20-30 US for something that would cost me $10 back in the states. Maybe I should just get a local to wash it but I miss washing/detailing the way I know best DIY

I`ll probably buy some car soap and wax. There isn`t much of a body. I have to get microfiber and wax. gotta keep it looking clean so much dirt on the roads that gets stuck on. There is no two bucket method or gritt guard here LOL..

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a cool little bike, and looks pretty clean to me Check into some products like Spray and Wipe, Optimum No Rinse, something like that. I use both of them on my bike, depending on how dirty it is. I think Spray and Wipe would be a better choice for yours rather than ONR. Everything looks to be in very good shape, so it shouldnt be that hard to keep it maintained and protected.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. I`ll look for a spray and wipe. I don`t really have access to a water hose so it`ll just be me and my bootleg bucket I made from a 2 Liter water gallon LOL. Will buy a mitt, microfiber and spray and wipe. Does the spray and wipe have a waxy coat built in or is it just for cleaning? Thanks in advance. btw the pic was taken when I bought the bike 1.5 months ago. The guy who sold it to me cleaned it nice. I`m going in for new tires so maybe I`ll ask him how much he wants to wash it again LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go..granted mail comes to your island I thought I lived in the middle of nowhere..you`ve got me beat by a long shot haha.
    Poorboy’s World Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Here ya go..granted mail comes to your island I thought I lived in the middle of nowhere..you`ve got me beat by a long shot haha.
    Poorboy’s World Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash
    Yeah shipping would be too much. I`ll probably bring it with me when I come back to the states or just buy some Megs they sell locally. I was just being cheap bc I feel like the prices here are so inflated. Milk is $7 for a gallon, Subway is $10 for a footlong lol. Chips Ahoy cookies $6 Cereal $6

I`ll just sucker up and pay it lol

Is bloomington southern IL? I visited once lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drdetail View Post
    Is bloomington southern IL? I visited once lol
    No Bloomington/Normal is way north of me. Im 6 miles from Missouri and an hour from Kentucky. Very Southern tip

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You need a kit that is made for your situation. This one should fit the bill for you. S100 Motorcycle Detailing Kit
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

optimum no rinse

MF towels

megs APC

Leaf blower

Post Thanks / Like

looks great...i like the dark tire shine
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by polisher View Post
    looks great...i like the dark tire shine
    Which I might add is a terrible idea on a bike. Tire dressing on a bike is the #1 no no.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Which I might add is a terrible idea on a bike. Tire dressing on a bike is the #1 no no.
    oo wait for real? how come..i didnt know that ( well i havent owned a bike)
    Lexus Rx300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information