Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the Pinnacle Bug Sponge really safe for your paint? (Review and Pics inside)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    always good to have when you need it
    warning: it will scare you when you first get it. ya gotta soak it in soapy water and let it soften
    Ron speaks the truth!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the Pinnacle Bug Sponge really safe for your paint? (Review and Pics inside)

Just added on to my wish list.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Although I love this write up, the pinnacle does leave decent scratches in the paint. I have this and have used it on my BM volvo after a fresh polish and it does leave nice tracer lines. That is leaving it in the bucket for over 10 mins with warm water and a VERY high concentration of CG citrus gloss in the bucket as well as from the canon too. If you have soft paint this is NOT the sponge for you...

That said, all the benz`s love it
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Speed 3 Todd! I have a second gen 3 n/a in liquid silver that gets caked in bugs on long trips and will be adding this to my next purchase order for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Just saying...

Todd, I was just reading through this thread, and this post by you literally made me laugh out loud, and it`s almost 5am (and I should be asleep!)

That`s truly the way to prove your point on the safeness to those that don`t believe that you would use it only on a $30,000 car not a $2.3 million Bugatti Veyron!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Although I love this write up, the pinnacle does leave decent scratches in the paint. I have this and have used it on my BM volvo after a fresh polish and it does leave nice tracer lines. That is leaving it in the bucket for over 10 mins with warm water and a VERY high concentration of CG citrus gloss in the bucket as well as from the canon too. If you have soft paint this is NOT the sponge for you...

I`ve never seen it, but anything can happen on soft paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I used it on a jb bmw with little problem then quick polish. (and that mars just by looking at it) The only other thing I use is a pb bug micro and that works great.

The biggest thing with the sponge is not only soaking it, but squeeze it a lot to soften up the whole thing. And I use bug squash and pb aps to lube the area, then just glide it over the surface like clay.

If you don`t like the sponge, try the pb bug micro. (they both have their place)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I want to try the lake county mitt. Right now I sub the tool with a product. Thanks to Todd`s last review with 1z bug n tar I made the switch, well worth it.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to try the lake county mitt. Right now I sub the tool with a product. Thanks to Todd`s last review with 1z bug n tar I made the switch, well worth it.
    Glad to hear! The new Lake Country Ultimate Bug Sponge is a really nice tool as well!

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing, keep CAR-PRO AWAY from it. I used it in conjunction with trix to remove road tar. It took a week of soaking, squeezing an scrubbing to get the trix out. Stick with regular soaps and avoid any chem that doesn`t like polymers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information