Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the Pinnacle Bug Sponge really safe for your paint? (Review and Pics inside)

I myself love these sponges and they do a terrific job.

BUT, you have to be careful with it. Its like a rotary. It can achieve amazing results, but if not used correctly, it can damage the finish.

I have been using these things for probably 9 years now and think they are the perfect solution to the bugs here in FL. However, I have seen them put marring in paint. My wife was using it to scrub (and I mean scrub) the love bugs off of her light blue metallic Scion. Instead of using finesse and leaving the muscles at the gym, she put force into it which required me to polish the front bumper.

Now days.. she`s very gentle with it and has the same fantastic results but with out the marring.

Its all in the technique.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the Pinnacle Bug Sponge really safe for your paint? (Review and Pics inside)

Quote Originally Posted by Reality33 View Post
    but if not used correctly, it can damage the finish.

That right there sums up just about every car care product and tool available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    My car is smiling because it is always clean!!!
    it also help with the faq that it`s a Mazda...

Post Thanks / Like

I myself love these sponges and they do a terrific job.

BUT, you have to be careful with it. Its like a rotary. It can achieve amazing results, but if not used correctly, it can damage the finish.

I have been using these things for probably 9 years now and think they are the perfect solution to the bugs here in FL. However, I have seen them put marring in paint. My wife was using it to scrub (and I mean scrub) the love bugs off of her light blue metallic Scion. Instead of using finesse and leaving the muscles at the gym, she put force into it which required me to polish the front bumper.

Now days.. she`s very gentle with it and has the same fantastic results but with out the marring.

Wow Im surpised! Its usually the men that man handle things!!
    ( )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
    Hi Detailchick!
    Could you explain how you use it for wheel cleanup?
    Sure Crossfire.

What I do on nasty painted wheels these days is use OPC sprayed into a siff brush and brush the wheels first where the brake dust is the worst.Then I take about and inch of the cut off sponge and scrub (sometimes addding more OPC sprayed directly into the sponge as needed)

Works prettty well. If any brake dust is left over I use red clay magic and or credit card with lube or sometimes I even resort to my fingernails although my nails not very pretty afterwards

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I have clayed my wheels in the past but hate it when I get debris(pieces of clay) into the nooks and crannies. I am always amazed by the diligence of individuals cleaning wheels(removing them etc.) I recently bought a Swissvax wheel brush and it looks promising for getting around the lugnuts. I will have to try the bug sponge next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great idea DC! I never thought of using it on a wheel for that but I might try I on my truck when I pull them off to opticoat them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Wow Im surpised! Its usually the men that man handle things!!
    ( )
    hahaha. She is a tough cookie. she is learning though!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
    Thank you! I have clayed my wheels in the past but hate it when I get debris(pieces of clay) into the nooks and crannies. I am always amazed by the diligence of individuals cleaning wheels(removing them etc.) I recently bought a Swissvax wheel brush and it looks promising for getting around the lugnuts. I will have to try the bug sponge next time.
    Your welcome ! You can cut them up to any size thats right for the job.

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha. She is a tough cookie. she is learning though!
    Sounds like you got lucky and married a real tigress!!

Post Thanks / Like

It`s good to hear that so many people have found the Soft Scrub a valuable cleaning tool! I also love hearing about the ingenutiy of using these little amazing foam blocks for other uses.

Post Thanks / Like

haha those bugs on that Honda is just crazyy..it like a magnet. but the result came out nice..good job
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

I have only used mine once for cleaning bugs. I have also used it to clean foam polishing pads for on the fly cleaning after I learned it was used to clean mf pads on the fly.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    Using one on a red Mazda is not a big risk.
    Just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it several times on my black cars with no issues. I usually wash the hood and bumper first, then rinse and look for remnants (areas to key in on). Then I re-soap with the wash mitt, then hit with B&T sponge (B&T has usually soaked 15 minutes by this point since I start my wash on the roof). I also use it on the windshield and side mirrors.

It is intimidating at first. When it showed up on my doorstep and I felt it, I thought "no way". So I watched video and read reviews so I made sure I was using it right. Never looked back since.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information