Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to properly remove Love Bug guts from your paint - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    Nice video Gary! This even though we don get love bugs is a great tip. It gets pretty "buggy" on the back roads around here. There are some 1 - 2" grass hoppers near the feilds, and the cicada`s can make a real mess(especially during the swarm season every 3-5 years).
    Those crazy sexing grasshoppers are all over the 7 mile paved trail I do laps with my bike on. I just run them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great video and tips Garry. Thanks for putting that video together.
    Thanks, Pat!
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to properly remove Love Bug guts from your paint - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Nice video.

If you really want a good laugh watch the video on youtube with the beta closed captioning enabled (I wanted to watch without audio). The google translator is a hoot and clearly still beta code. At one point, it translated something as "soviet intrusion". It does not know the words Ultima or clearcoat.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Nice video.

If you really want a good laugh watch the video on youtube with the beta closed captioning enabled (I wanted to watch without audio). The google translator is a hoot and clearly still beta code. At one point, it translated something as "soviet intrusion". It does not know the words Ultima or clearcoat.
    Thats funny. I will check it out.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job, Garry.

Would there be any need to use the 2B method in this situation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Nice job, Garry.

Would there be any need to use the 2B method in this situation?
    I don`t think so at all. Did you watch the whole video?

At the end I recommend disgarding the Love Bug water and refill with fresh water and fresh product before you do your car wash. At that point you can use two buckets.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent information! As you said " the secret`s in the soaking". I have used the towel soaking method with good results too - soak a few thin MF towels in the wash solution and place them over the buggy areas. Leave them for 5-10 minutes (maybe wash the wheels), and bugs should wipe right off.
    I like the `gentle` methods that leave the LSP in place to protect from future bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by nadroj View Post
    Man that must be so annoying to have to clean tons of dead bugs off of your car every day for over a month. Thanks for the video.
    It`s only bad if you drive in areas with lots of grass in the median and at the road side - the Interstates are very bad, what with the grass and the speed (wow, that sounds like a post from a different forum!). I drive mostly around town, and only get the occasional Love Bug commuting to work.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    I don`t think so at all. Did you watch the whole video?

At the end I recommend disgarding the Love Bug water and refill with fresh water and fresh product before you do your car wash. At that point you can use two buckets.
    I did watch the whole video.

If you think about it, you`re still cleaning a dirty portion of the paint in your video. What makes it less of a chance of marring the paint using love bug water, as to using the 2B method afterwards?

Just a friendly question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I did watch the whole video.

If you think about it, you`re still cleaning a dirty portion of the paint in your video. What makes it less of a chance of marring the paint using love bug water, as to using the 2B method afterwards?

Just a friendly question.
    Fair enough.

You should use two buckets if you feel like its necessary. The front of the vehicle is generally cleaner than the rest of the vehicle. Just remember, there are 8 sides to every folded into 4s 16x16 microfiber. Flip the towel often if the 2BM is not used. Maybe I just have enough experience that it isnt an issue for me, but for just love bug removal I dont think two buckets are necessary when flipping towels regularly.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Garry`s point. Your only washing the bugs off and not the whole panel. If you soak and the wipe the bugs off then it should avoid marring. Your really not rubbing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I can see Garry`s point. Your only washing the bugs off and not the whole panel. If you soak and the wipe the bugs off then it should avoid marring. Your really not rubbing
    Right.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information