Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Question Car shampoo comparison..need opinions

Here is what I am asking about. Cleaning power, suds and value for the money when factoring in the above.

Chemical Guys Maxi Suds ll
    16 oz/$7.29 and 128 oz/$20.79
    Takes 1.5 oz/4 gal

Chemical Guys GlossWorkz Paint Cleanser
    16 oz/$10.39 and 128oz/$34.30
    Takes 4 oz/4 gal

Optimum Car Wash
    32 oz/11.99 and 128 oz/$29.99
    Takes 4oz/4gal
    The Optimum and Glossworkz paint cleanser both take 4oz/gal but the price is only competitive in the 128oz size unless you but the 32 oz Optimum
    The Maxi ll is considerably cheaper and only uses 1.5 oz/4gal

I don`t have any of these and the Maxi ll based on price and amt/gal would seem to be the best value BUT I am asking if anyone has used these and wants to give an opinion before I but anything. During good weather I am washing 2 vehicles a week so cost is certainly a factor but I want a good shampoo at the same time. I`m really not sure if I`ll see an difference between any of these?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car shampoo comparison..need opinions

Of the offerings you listed the CG Maxi would certainly be the best value. I use a lot of different shampoos depending on my mood but for a good quality, high value wash Meg`s Gold Class can`t be beat, IMO. Available OTC all over the place, no shipping.. I see it around $14/gallon or so.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

I would throw Duragloss 901 into the mix. At $26.99 a gallon its a great value and a fantastic soap.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I made this about three months ago:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice chart! Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Great chart Maximus. Price per use is the most important way to look at cost. That combined with how much you like the shampoo decide what to use. I`m sticking to my Supernatural Shampoo.
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Sell that chart to Consumer Reports!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

That is one heck of a chart!! Thanks. I posted on several forums and interestingly enough Meg`s Gold Class and Duragloss were mentioned in both as being a good shampoos and available locally. I might have to try them before I order on line and pay shipping.
    Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe GC has improved since I last used it several years ago but since I have to order pretty much all of my supplies online any way, I just include shampoo.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    Here is what I am asking about. Cleaning power, suds and value for the money when factoring in the above.

Chemical Guys Maxi Suds ll
    16 oz/$7.29 and 128 oz/$20.79
    Takes 1.5 oz/4 gal

Chemical Guys GlossWorkz Paint Cleanser
    16 oz/$10.39 and 128oz/$34.30
    Takes 4 oz/4 gal

Optimum Car Wash
    32 oz/11.99 and 128 oz/$29.99
    Takes 4oz/4gal
    The Optimum and Glossworkz paint cleanser both take 4oz/gal but the price is only competitive in the 128oz size unless you but the 32 oz Optimum
    The Maxi ll is considerably cheaper and only uses 1.5 oz/4gal

I don`t have any of these and the Maxi ll based on price and amt/gal would seem to be the best value BUT I am asking if anyone has used these and wants to give an opinion before I but anything. During good weather I am washing 2 vehicles a week so cost is certainly a factor but I want a good shampoo at the same time. I`m really not sure if I`ll see an difference between any of these?
    i though maxi suds was 1oz/1gal and glossworkz 1oz/4-5gals

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct on the GlossWorkZ, I was wrong. The GlossWorkz. is 1 oz to 4-5 gals. However the Maxi Suds ll is "a cap full per gal." I measured and a cap full is around 10ml. which figures out to be just shy of 1.5 oz/ 4 gal. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for catching that. If you are thinking about the CG Citrus Wash it is 1 oz/gal IF you are going to use it to strip the car of sealant and waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarcHarris View Post
    Great chart Maximus. Price per use is the most important way to look at cost. That combined with how much you like the shampoo decide what to use. I`m sticking to my Supernatural Shampoo.
    Not to threadjack, but Marc it is very good to see you over here. I have seen your post over on Camaro5, and bought some products that I love based on your write-ups.

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct on the GlossWorkZ, I was wrong. The GlossWorkz. is 1 oz to 4-5 gals. However the Maxi Suds ll is "a cap full per gal." I measured and a cap full is around 10ml. which figures out to be just shy of 1.5 oz/ 4 gal. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for catching that. If you are thinking about the CG Citrus Wash it is 1 oz/gal IF you are going to use it to strip the car of sealant and waxes.
    in citrus was clear, it says 1/2oz per 2 gallon on label, but the website description is 1 capfull to 4-5gallons, therefore i say when CG say capfull use 1 ounce. i could be wrong, but they really should say the exact amount instead of saying a capfull

10ml must be a small cap. must be like the ones from a water bottle......

Post Thanks / Like

If you ask directly, they say 1 oz / gallon for the Max-Suds but then it can be as cryptic as Autogeek`s description (1 to 2 ounces to a bucket).

As I posted elsewhere, Optimum is a nice choice (cost and performance wise). CG at 1 ounce and even 0.5 ounce worked ok to me. CG is more love or hate type shampoo by some and I wonder why.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum is one of my favorites. The directions do say 1oz per gallon, but Dr G has said that 1/2 oz per gallon is all that is required. They however suggest 1oz per gallon for hard water conditions. It also fits the suds, cleaning power, and cost effective catagories that you asked about.

Another that fits that criteria is Ultima Paint Guard Wash. It is one to check out. About 50 cents a wash and it is definately a top notch product!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information